What are you eating?

13»

Comments

• Chinaski said:
    Thanksgiving leftovers.
    what are some things y'all do with leftovers? today i'm gonna do some mashed potatoes croquettes. also doing a caesar salad with some chopped up turkey breast.

i wanna try throwing some stuffing in a waffle maker and seeing how that comes out. saw some place on DDD where they did stuffing waffles topped with turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy. yeah i'm gonna be like a mad scientist with leftovers all weekend.
    Good call on stuffing waffles. I'll probably go for an open face turkey sandwich on rye with all the fixings.
    Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Tortilla chips & veggie dip, and a glass of chardonnay. Happy day after Thanksgiving! :sunglasses:
  • Leftover pumpkin pie + Greek yogurt for breakfast.
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    I made Japanese steamed buns tonight with a cheeseburger filling. The folding is super hard so they look rough but they were delicious. 

cdriveMichelleChinaskikingbee67
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Cheeseburger filling? Damn. That sounds fantastic. 
    I had beef flavored with garlic and onion salt and crazy janes mixed up salt. A small amount if dijon, a tad of relish ( for sweetness but not too much because of the moisture) and a small square of cheese on top. 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    I had beef flavored with garlic and onion salt and crazy janes mixed up salt. A small amount if dijon, a tad of relish ( for sweetness but not too much because of the moisture) and a small square of cheese on top. 
    that sir.. is awesome! giant shout out, made my mouth water!
    calebthrower
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    You got me to order Crazy Jane's salt. I had never heard of it before.
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Had to look it up. Read the reviews on Amazon and had to order. @calebthrower you have converted two of us!
    edited November 2020
    Had to look it up. Read the reviews on Amazon and had to order. @calebthrower you have converted two of us!
    Maybe it’s a southern thing. I’ve had it all my life in SC and it has been in every grocery store I've been in around here. Hope you enjoy it! It’s good on almost anything
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Kept it extra Southern for New Years. Black eyed peas, collard greens, and diced pork belly; with a side of white rice. Served with sweet tea, of course.
    Happy New Years!
    cdrivekingbee67
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Freddy said:
    Kept it extra Southern for New Years. Black eyed peas, collard greens, and diced pork belly; with a side of white rice. Served with sweet tea, of course.
    Happy New Years!
    Got some country in you, boy!  

Looks great. I’ll share ours later...still in the pot cooking...
    Freddy
    Ohhhhhh yyyeeeeeeeeahhhh

Freddykingbee67
    cdrive said:
    Freddy said:
    Happy New Years!
    Got some country in you, boy!  

Looks great. I’ll share ours later...still in the pot cooking...
    Listen here, son:

cdrivekingbee67
  • Down here, leftover turkey hash with rice ruled this time of year, or a bean stew made with the ham bone. Mom wasn't the best chef but she always did alright and these were a couple of her specialties.
    kingbee67cdriveMichelle
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Saturday lunch: sourdough roll with bacon, rocket, avocado, vintage cheddar and spicy tomato chutney. 

ChinaskiMichellecdriveFreddy
    Maybe the most Houston thing ever, all I felt like earlier today was charro beans & Mexican rice.

ChinaskiDeeMichelleFreddy
    edited January 9
    Pork belly, steamed/buttered baby carrots with rosemary, and a glass of chardonnay.
    cdriveDeeChinaskiFreddy
    edited February 1
    Nothing extravagant, just a huge pot of chili simmering slow & low.  Making cornbread muffins to go with it.  Good rainy weather comfort food.

cdriveDeeChinaskiMrX
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited February 11
    Fried chicken sandwiches. Marinated the chicken in pickle juice before frying. Nom nom.

FreddycdriveChinaski
    @MrX What!? How is it? I love a good chicken sandwich, and not only have I never attempted to make one, I would never have thought to marinate them in pickle juice. That sounds awesome.
  • Freddy said:
    @MrX What!? How is it? I love a good chicken sandwich, and not only have I never attempted to make one, I would never have thought to marinate them in pickle juice. That sounds awesome.

It was damn tasty, used this recipe. Was surprised it worked out because I almost never fry stuff!

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/08/five-ingredient-fried-chicken-sandwich-recipe.html

I didn't have buttermilk and used almond milk (don't tell anyone!) instead before dredging in flour and it turned out fine.

Dressed the sandwich with pickles, iceberg lettuce, mayo, and siracha.
    ChinaskiFreddy
    J. Kenji López-Alt!! love that dude! he recently got settled in his new home and kitchen. i just watched him make French Bread pizza yesterday haha.

MrX
    for lunch i had a salmon fillet burger on the softest brioche bun with lettuce, avocado and homemade lemon dill tarter sauce. i dunno if i was extra hungry or what, but it was one of the best things i've eaten in quite some time. already wanna have it again.
    Freddy
  • Trying to drop the Covid-19 lbs... so time to diet. Chicken, Normandy Blend veggies, tuna, Salmon, Pork, yogurt, salads. Low carbs, low fat. Going to make some spaghetti squash with marinade and grill some chicken breasts.

Getting old sucks. Not being able to eat like a 17 year old sucks, but I have to make some changes before the weather gets warm here in WI. Can't keep this dad bod in its current state.
    FreddyChinaski