NFL 20/21

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Deshaun needs to get out! Honestly to me the Texans have always been the invasive species \ “that’s not my son!” \ Fake Ass Oilers.  Ownership is on James Dolan level. Harden is completely different, to me right, cause he forced the Paul for Westbrook trade.  Both are great dudes. Not too many sports stars do what Deshaun and Harden do for the community. 
    Chinaski
  • He started following 2 Chicago weather peoples on Twitter. Coincidence? Probably.
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    I don't think Watson goes anywhere unless he outright refuses to play for Houston but until we know for sure everybody gets to dream about it.
    Brett Kollmann's video on how the Chiefs might not be the unbeatable death star they look to be was super interesting

I really hope we get that KC/Bills matchup
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Bills have been terrific ever since they lost on the Hail Murray, maybe it was the kick in ass they needed. seems like a different team that lost back to back games in October to the Titans and KC. looking forward to Super Wild Card Weekend!
  • If I had to pick a superbowl winner right now I would pick the Bills. They have been playing insane football for 6 weeks and show no signs of slowing down. 
  • Ready for  one legged Alex Smith and "The Team" to end Tompa's season.

• asmallcat said:
    If I had to pick a superbowl winner right now I would pick the Bills. They have been playing insane football for 6 weeks and show no signs of slowing down. 
    Wooow this was almost a hilariously wrong take. 
    Chinaski
    asmallcat said:
    asmallcat said:
    If I had to pick a superbowl winner right now I would pick the Bills. They have been playing insane football for 6 weeks and show no signs of slowing down. 
    Wooow this was almost a hilariously wrong take. 
    Indy tried to get cute before the half going for it on 4th at the goaline. they also caught a huge break at the end with that no call fumble (even tho they didn't capitalize on it). in order for BUF to beat KC their D needs to step up big time. if Rivers can score like 2 TD's in matter of minutes, imagine what Mahomes would do.

the Rams winning was quite a surprise. SEA just looked so unprepared.
  • Ughhh. Trubisky suddenly has accuracy and we totally botch it. Wtf. At least in an alternate universe it’s 7-7 right now as the Bears complete an amazing trick play .
    kingbee67Chinaski
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    You know the Saints Bears game isn’t being taken very serious when Nickelodeon is broadcasting it. Bears are getting slimed, it’s appropriate.  
    Highlight when a penalty is called and you clearly hear someone say “what the fuck” and the announcer says “OK”. Well at least we get too see new Sponge Bon preview. Shoot me now ugh!
    Hatorian
  • The game being on nickelodeon was amazing. The camera even caught a live "what the fuck." 
  • I rewatched the highlights of Bills Colts (I was doing other things and had it on in the background when it was live) and wow the Bills were lucky to get a win there. Doinked field goals and dropped passes by the colts cost them like 10 points. 

I still like the Bills for the super bowl, I just think the Colts were better than I gave them credit for. 
  • Didn't really watch any football yesterday as I had other things I wanted to get done but if I were to call the Superbowl I think Packers vs Chiefs but I feel like the Bills or the Bucs both have a good chance to make it as well. It's gonna be a real interesting next 2 weeks of football.  
    This coming weeks games look a lot better than last weekends. It's not like they were all blowouts but the most memorable thing from this weekend for me was that they aired a game on Nickelodeon.
    awookiee
    Hatorian said:
    Ughhh. Trubisky suddenly has accuracy and we totally botch it. Wtf. At least in an alternate universe it’s 7-7 right now as the Bears complete an amazing trick play .
    that.fuckin.drop! :( same dumbass that got into a fight last time they played the Saints and got ejected. they were deflated after that play, just couldn't get anything going on offense. i think they'll keep Nagy (last 4 coaches got fired the Monday after their last loss), but Pace on the other hand has to hit the rookie road.

on a side note.. Peterson got canned today. crazy, dude just won a SB and has a statue inside the Headhouse Plaza at Lincoln Financial Field with Foles (who in real life is a statue in the pocket). my guess is he's the next Jets head coach. he's tight with their new GM.
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited January 12
    Not NFL, but since the national championship game is tonight, I can say I've successfully watched zero minutes of NCAA football this season (unless you count watching a few highlight clips that pop up on my Twitter timeline). I never was that into it, but usually watched at least a few bowl games and maybe a couple regular season games. With the way they handled COVID this year I had no interest in spending any time with it, and I can't say I really miss it!
  • MrX said:
    Not NFL, but since the national championship game is tonight, I can say I've successfully watched zero minutes of NCAA football this season (unless you count watching a few highlight clips that pop up on my Twitter timeline). I never was that into it, but usually watched at least a few bowl games and maybe a couple regular season games. With the way they handled COVID this year I had no interest in spending any time with it, and I can't say I really miss it!
    Same. I would occasionally check scores on ESPN but I think I watched maybe 30 minutes of the UMich Minnesota game and that was it. 

I'd like to think it was a moral stance (the NCAA absolutely should not have played this year), but I'm not gonna lie, UMich (where I want to college) being complete ass was probably also a large contributing factor. Would I have watched if they were good and playoff bound? I'd like to say no, but I probably would have. 
  • asmallcat said:
    MrX said:
    Same. I would occasionally check scores on ESPN but I think I watched maybe 30 minutes of the UMich Minnesota game and that was it. 

I'd like to think it was a moral stance (the NCAA absolutely should not have played this year), but I'm not gonna lie, UMich (where I want to college) being complete ass was probably also a large contributing factor. Would I have watched if they were good and playoff bound? I'd like to say no, but I probably would have. 

Well the good news is UMich extended Harbaugh so you might have many years of being able to ignore them. 

I was tempted with UNC being good this year, but I've always been more of a basketball fan so was able to hold off. Helps that we're usually out and about with our kid on Saturdays.
  • MrX said:

Well the good news is UMich extended Harbaugh so you might have many years of being able to ignore them. 

I was tempted with UNC being good this year, but I've always been more of a basketball fan so was able to hold off. Helps that we're usually out and about with our kid on Saturdays.
    They also lowered his buyout a ton meaning he can be fired next year if he sucks. Hopefully this either lights a fire under his ass so that we start winning big games again, or he gets kicked to the curb next year.

I actually didn't hate the extension in these circumstances cause there weren't a lot of great candidates anyway. 
    MrX
    asmallcat said:
    They also lowered his buyout a ton meaning he can be fired next year if he sucks. Hopefully this either lights a fire under his ass so that we start winning big games again, or he gets kicked to the curb next year.

I actually didn't hate the extension in these circumstances cause there weren't a lot of great candidates anyway. 

As a Niner fan I'm kind of sad this hasn't worked out, I thought he was going to be perfect there. Shanahan is obviously miles better as an NFL coach but the pre/post game conferences are way less interesting. I miss all the  quotes about nervous birds and jive turkeys and randomly quoting ancient history or obscure poems. Also all the extremely petty rivalries he had with opposing coaches.
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited January 15
    I don’t always agree with Max. But his take on Watson and bears a few days ago is
    Chinaski
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    The stones on Andy Reid man
    Chinaskicdrive
    Noel said:
    The stones on Andy Reid man
    right? that was some ballsy ass playcalling right there. really hope Mahomes can go next week. a Mahomes and Allen matchup sounds fun!
    Noel
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    That’s a man who eats his oatmeal in the morning. 
    ChinaskiNoel
  • I guess we’re getting that StateFarm Bowl I thought we’d get last year. Sure to be a nice windfall for Statefarm. They’d be sure to have a ton of commercial spots. Im thinking conspiracy. 
  • edited January 18
    No kidding about that play call on Andy Reid especially with their backup quarterback. I didn't watch any of the games on Saturday as I was up north snowmobiling but those were some ridiculously entertaining games on Sunday.

I really hope Mahomes will be healthy and playing on Sunday but regardless these 2 games both look like they'll be amazing games. 2 amazing young quarterbacks going head to head and 2 of the best quarterbacks for the past 10+ going head to head. I really don't have a strong preference on the AFC game because I like both teams but being a Minnesotan I'd like to see Brady and the Bucs beat Rodgers and the Pack. 
    adobo1148 said:
    I guess we’re getting that StateFarm Bowl I thought we’d get last year. Sure to be a nice windfall for Statefarm. They’d be sure to have a ton of commercial spots. Im thinking conspiracy. 
    and if the Bucs go then there will be the the Brady playing the SB in Tampa conspiracy.
  • As a Pats fan I found myself rooting for the Bucs last night, against my better judgement. I guess I just can't let Tom go ¯\_( ツ)_/¯
    Noel