Bald Move Guitar & Gear Nerds!

12345679»

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Super fun; I recommend: I’ve always loved  Erik Satie’s Gymnopédie No.1. But today I felt like getting out an echo pedal and playing along side. Drop D. Masjidil Echo and a Soul Food.  Fun play along.
    CretanBull
  • cdrive said:
    Super fun; I recommend: I’ve always loved  Erik Satie’s Gymnopédie No.1. But today I felt like getting out an echo pedal and playing along side. Drop D. Masjidil Echo and a Soul Food.  Fun play along.
    Weird - I've never done anything like this but now I can't wait to try it :)
    cdrive
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    New Gear Day!  My bass finally arrived and seeing it in person makes the 2 month wait totally worth it. So glad I didn’t get jumpy for another color or a short scale Mustang bass.  Ready to lay down some bass tracks!

CretanBull
  • @cdrivewhat a beauty!  Congrats!
    cdrive

• 1966 Mosrite Celebrity. It's a 12 string, but I took the octave strings off, just like I did when I was a kid.

My Dad played guitar back in the 60's in his High School Band that he was a part of. Back then, they actually opened up for some bigger acts of that era. He's got some great stories about this. I found this as a young boy, sitting in our basement, all alone, in its case. I picked it up and asked if I could play with it. :As long as you don't damage it", he would say.

The guitar I grew up as a kid picking up and strumming nonsense into, grew to teaching myself and playing it every day as a High School teenager. It became a hobby and I purchased my own guitars, and started my own little collection.

As I got older I kept asking him if he would ever give it to me, since I still play. In my 20's, the answer was "nope". In my 30's, still the same answer. I hit 40, thinking he might give it up... Nope.

Last year, New Years Eve 2019, me and my lady went to celebrate with my Dad and Stepmother for a few cocktails, he surprised me and brought it out. He told me I could have it. 

Oh, the feels I had. Tears and hugs. What a man. I will cherish this forever. 

Wish I knew how to copy and paste a pic, but at a loss...must be missing something...

cdriveCretanBull