Succession - HBO

Comments

• edited February 2020
    JaimieT said:
    I'm just gonna say this:

I.... DREAM.... of a Cecily/Aron Succession podcast.

I am not following any of the BM TV coverage, nor do I anticipate following anything in the near future, due to me not liking any other current TV shows. This is the ONLY thing I want.

How do I know this? Because their tone during the Mario Twitch streams... is the perfect fit for Succession. The psychogical intuition on display during the One Weird Trick podcast is the perfect fit for Succession.

Cecily. Aron. Succession.

That is all.

A girl's gotta try.
    I’m gonna go ahead and second this. I listened to the baldies and judging by the fact that biggest miss picked by the listeners was Succession, I think the guys (or A.ron at least) should reconsider. He even said his only reason was because jim said he didn’t like it. It’s literally one of the funniest and at the same time saddest shows I’ve ever seen. It’s that rare comedy that has so much depth to it that it could easily be a half cast. Jaimie T, lets commission it! 
    MichaelGJaimieTNoel
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited February 2020
    I finally gave in and started binging this.  I'm about to dive into 206. 
    I can understand all the love this show's receiving here.  Without a lengthy explanation of what I love and hate with the characters and storylines, I'll make it kinda short & sweet:  Logan's a piece of sh*t, if only for the Boar on the Floor scene alone (but for so many other reasons).  Love Gerri. On the fence about Kendall.  Same with Tom - he's a jerk sometimes but Tom is to Greg as Logan is to Tom which explains so much and makes me sympathetic toward him.  Speaking of Greg, omg... season 1 Greg had me like "Stop talking, Greg, just stop talking!" 'cause he just did *not* know when to shut up.  I'm kinda like that with him in S2 but not as badly.  Roman's a spoiled rich kid (as they all are) but does provide some comedic moments in the middle of his assholery.  Connor's deplorable.  And I want Shiv to take over the whole thing.  Lastly, I love the opening credit sequence and I also wish the show could get the BM treatment.

(edited to add my thoughts on Greg, which I'd forgotten to share)
    MichaelGJaimieTNoelFreddy
  • Nothing gets a party rolling like a rousing game of Boar on the Floor to get the juices flowing.  
  • “So hot, right?” Tom voice
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    FreddyNoelMrXjluzania
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    looking forward to diving into this show sooner than later. hope to be caught up by the time S3 starts so i can watch as it airs, and listen to the fellas coverage.
    FreddyNoelMichelleTeresa from Concord
    Chinaski said:
    looking forward to diving into this show sooner than later. hope to be caught up by the time S3 starts so i can watch as it airs, and listen to the fellas coverage.
    They are shortish seasons, so you shouldn't have a problem. And all the teaser tells us is "Fall" for a release date. So 20 episodes between now and then is doable. 
    ChinaskiMichelle
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    I’m pumped!
    Michelle
    I haven't been this excited for a new season of anything for a while (with the exception of Top Chef of course).
    Can't wait!  Also @Chinaski you're in for quite the ride with this show.
    Chinaski
  • Chinaski said:
    There's going to be a fellas coverage?!! When was that announced? 
    i coulda sworn A_Ron mentioned something about it on a lunch a few weeks ago. he said something like he was waiting for S3 to get near before he started watching S1 and 2 so they could be fresh on the mind when he starts S3. if he does watch i'm sure at the least he'll mention it on OTC.
    Yes, It is unlikely for full coverage from what I've gleaned. But I gather he was going to try to watch it to discuss on OTC. 
    Chinaski
  • Cross-posted on Discord (figured I should show up both places until things fully transition!)

I'm picking up steam on my Succession re-watch ... first few episodes I was thinking "this is good, but is it actually as amazing as I/everyone remembered?" But just watched "Which Side Are You On?" (the no confidence vote) and "Austerlitz" (family therapy at Conner's ranch) and holy shit, yes, this show rocks so much. Can't to re-watch the rest of 1-2 and for season 3 to start! Fingers crossed that we'll at least get some decent OTC coverage, but if not all the other usual podcast suspects will more than likely be covering it.
    Michelle
    I am going to be a broken record (as well a physical media whore) and say how annoying it is that we don't have Season 2 available on Blu-Ray. They may release it as Season 3's premiere gets closer. But HBO released Season 2 on DVD, but not Blu-Ray. Its really irritating. 
    Chinaski said:
    y'all weren't kidding, this is a banger. def living up to all the BM hype (and there was a lot!). the entire cast just killing it.

#random - i would totally cast Tom as Peyton Manning in a Peyton Manning biopic. he def has the forehead for the part :D
    FreddyMichelleawookieeMrXTeresa from ConcordNoel
  • (it's best to read to this tweet while listening to the Succession theme song)

ChinaskiMichelle
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited August 2021
    Chinaski said:
    Chinaski said:
    looking forward to diving into this show !sooner than later. hope to be caught up by the time S3 starts so i can watch as it airs, and listen to the fellas coverage.
    y'all weren't kidding, this is a banger. def living up to all the BM hype (and there was a lot!). the entire cast just killing it.

#random - i would totally cast Tom as Peyton Manning in a Peyton Manning biopic. he def has the forehead for the part :D

Wambsgans!

Matthew Mcfadyen is a really accomplished actor - he played Mr. Darcy in the version of Pride & Prejudice with Keira Knightley (I think Shiv would be a bit more attracted to that version of Tom):

ChinaskiMichelleNoel
    haha! i heard he was a 'heartthrob' in a Jane Austen movie and i was like 'whaaaaaa?! he's British?!'.

i gotta get this Peyton Manning biopic off the ground. if Kyle Shanahan is in it, i'm def casting Kendall for the part :D
    MrXNoel
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    MrX said:
    (it's best to read to this tweet while listening to the Succession theme song)

Read it in Logan Roy's voice as well.

Been watching clips on youtube all day in preparation. Between Succession and What We Do in the Shadows, the Delta variant lockdowns might not be so bad.
    ChinaskiMrXMichelleNoel
    i am so glad i jumped on the hype train! i can not wait!!

NoelMrXMichelleFreddy
  • Chinaski said:
    i am so glad i jumped on the hype train! i can not wait!!

I love Kendall's smile in this trailer. He seems blissfully unhinged, I can't wait! Plus it looks like Alexander Skarsgard is having fun in his new role.

• NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    When is everyone starting their rewatch? I’m trying to time mine so I’m watching s2e10 the night before the premier. I’d watch it on day of but football.
  • Noel said:
    When is everyone starting their rewatch? I’m trying to time mine so I’m watching s2e10 the night before the premier. I’d watch it on day of but football.

I just finished my rewatch ... couldn't wait :p
    Noel
    MrX said:
    Noel said:

I just finished my rewatch ... couldn't wait :p
    I am four episodes into the first season. I didn't do much calculation, I just needed the refresher. 
    edited October 2021
    I spent part of my day in Times Square and they have a huuuuuge ad on the side of a building for S3. I was going to take a pic, but stepped inside a restaurant to have lunch and completely forgot about it when I left. It was pretty cool though! Looking forward to Sunday night!
    I thought the premiere was last Sunday, so I finished my rewatch last Saturday. I have been jonesing for more ever since. 
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited October 2021
    I thought the premiere was last Sunday, so I finished my rewatch last Saturday. I have been jonesing for more ever since. 

Haha I hear you, this summer I had planned to do a slow rewatch and end this week ... But once I got into it I just binged it in like a month ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Loved the season premiere. The only thing it needed was more Connor. For anyone wanting coverage, The Ringer has already dropped a podcast on it:
  • It was alright. I felt the same about the last two seasons where it starts out OK while they position themselves and everyone comes up with what their big scam is gonna be that season, then it gets really good in the back half when everything is in motion.
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Better than I remember. And Ringer now has Joanna Robinson as part of the coverage. 
    Michelle