RIP in 2022

CoryCory New Scotland
Bob Saget - 65

Comments

• Cory said:
    Bob Saget - 65
    I was one of those late 80s / early 90s kids. Literally the only thing I knew Bob Saget from was Full House and America’s Funniest Home Videos.

Then… as a teen… I saw Half Baked.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Someone put it together with a really valid point I saw on Twitter. Us baby Gen-Xers and elderly Millennials basically just lost our TV grandma and TV dad within about the span of a week. We kinda need a moment. 
    JoshuaHeterChinaski
    Cory said:
    Bob Saget - 65
    I was one of those late 80s / early 90s kids. Literally the only thing I knew Bob Saget from was Full House and America’s Funniest Home Videos.

Then… as a teen… I saw Half Baked.
    So many share that moment. When you find out Mr. Tanner is really a comedian with very rated R jokes haha. 
    JoshuaHeterChinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    yeah a real gut punch with Bob Saget. RIP Danny Tanner :'(

i'm watching some Dirty Work tonight in honer of him and Norm.
  • The hits keep coming early and hard this year
  • RIP to a legend.  Ronnie Spector :(

cdrive
    ^Total legend
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    RIP Meatloaf.

HIS NAME WAS Marvin Lee Aday!
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I am going to listen to Paradise by the Dashboard Lights in memory. That guy had some real pipes
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Seeing that was a real shock this morning.
    Rest peacefully, Meatloaf.

And also, Louie Anderson passed away. :(
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Reading about Meatloaf was tough for me. Brought back so many memories of singing Paradise by the dashboard light with my theater friends standing on top of tables and squaring off women against men. Rest in peace Meatloaf.
    I totally forgot he was a villain in one of my favorite episodes of Tales from the Crypt. He co-starred with Christopher Reeve. It would probably be a bit weird to watch that now, knowing how episodes of that show usually turned out. I always liked him. 
    Chinaskicdrive
    I totally forgot he was a villain in one of my favorite episodes of Tales from the Crypt. He co-starred with Christopher Reeve. It would probably be a bit weird to watch that now, knowing how episodes of that show usually turned out. I always liked him. 
    That’s one of the few TFTC episodes I remember and I used to watch ‘em often back in the day. 

RIP big fella 
    'What's Cookin'! that was one of my favorite episodes too! apparently 'meatloaf' was delicious and can make a pretty profit if you're a diner owner.

RIP Meatloaf - was great in Fight Club too!
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Paradise By The Dashboard Light was mine and my friend’s karaoke song when we were in our 20s - we always argued over who got to sing the guy part. 
    cdrive
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited January 21
    Also, I don’t know about Americans but if you were an Aussie kid in the 70s, Bat Out Of Hell was on every parents’ record shelf. There’s a reason that thing stayed in the charts for 20 odd years. 

My dad was really only into 60s Britpop and my mum was only into country, but we still had that record. 
    cdrive
    cdrive said:
    That’s one of the few TFTC episodes I remember and I used to watch ‘em often back in the day. 

RIP big fella 
    Chinaski said:
    'What's Cookin'! that was one of my favorite episodes too! apparently 'meatloaf' was delicious and can make a pretty profit if you're a diner owner.

RIP Meatloaf - was great in Fight Club too!
    That's the one! So good. I've honestly seen that episode 25-30 times. For some reason I was too young to make that connection between his name and the subject matter of the episode. Boy, do I feel dumb.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Dee said:
    Also, I don’t know about Americans but if you were an Aussie kid in the 70s, Bat Out Of Hell was on every parents’ record shelf. There’s a reason that thing stayed in the charts for 20 odd years. 

My dad was really only into 60s Britpop and my mum was only into country, but we still had that record. 

Same with my mum.
    Dee
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Dee said:

An American record shelf.

Deekingbee67
  • Goldee, the horse that played Pie-O-My on The Sopranos, died at 23 today. Seems she had Equine Cushing's Disease.

RIP Pie-O-My: Tony Soprano’s Horse Has Ascended to the Big Stable in the Sky (melmagazine.com)
    I always dread when I see this thread pop-up. But holy shit, I did not expect Pie-O-My. Damn...on one hand that is such a bummer. On the other hand, I am thoroughly shocked that that horse lived so long. Poor Pie! It's definitely my favorite show, so thanks for posting. 
    jluzania
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Jeremy Giambi, former MLBer, portrayed in Moneyball.

Dead at 47.

Steroids a factor?
    Cory said:

Dead at 47.

Steroids a factor?
    Suspected suicide. :cry:
    yeah super unfortunate. sad :'(
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Michelle said:
    Cory said:

Dead at 47.

Steroids a factor?
    Suspected suicide. :cry:

I heard, went to his parents house to do it.
    dang, Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins passed away at 50.
    What a fucking bummer. He was all over that Alannis Morisette documentary, he seemed like a decent dude. 
    edited April 4
    Estelle Harris, aged 93. :(
    Her body of work is extensive, but she will always be best known and loved for playing Estelle Costanza, George's mom on Seinfeld.

Her incredibly long filmography list:

First George’s mom, now Jerry’s. :cry:
    RIP Liz Sheridan, aged 93.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/liz-sheridan-dies-seinfeld-mom-183510111.html