Commissioned movies list

Hey guys, just added my own commissioned podcast (Screamers) to your to do list and was hoping to get an updated timeline for commissioned movies to see when mine would be coming up! Keep on trucking.

Comments

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Hey Anubus, your one stop shop for where you're at in the queue (and whether you're in it, even):  http://baldmove.com/commissioned-podcasts/
    anubus21
  • Not sure if this question can absolutely be answered, but are the commissioned 'casts likely to stay 5-6 months behind, or does the rest of the Bald Move lineup dictate when they get done? No big deal either way, I was just wondering.
  • To whomever commissioned Glengarry Glenross, you sir (or ma'am) deserve some coffee.
    TravisAntManBee
  • Sweet! Thanks A.Ron, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the movie down the road and whether you savage it or not haha. Have you seen it before?
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Melia004 said:

Not sure if this question can absolutely be answered, but are the commissioned 'casts likely to stay 5-6 months behind, or does the rest of the Bald Move lineup dictate when they get done? No big deal either way, I was just wondering.

I feel like as shows go on break the guys play catch up on commissions, and summertime is slower for the regularly, weekly casts. Not 100% sure though, what their upcoming schedule is like.
    Yeah, we will all but kill ourselves to do one per week, but when things are slow we do two and at times even three a week. We are slowly catching up, I think our max backlog was 27 and we're at 17 now.
  • Can't wait for Se7en...... & Mulholland Drive still fucks with my head.
    MelonuskTaraC73
  • Yeah, we will all but kill ourselves to do one per week, but when things are slow we do two and at times even three a week. We are slowly catching up, I think our max backlog was 27 and we're at 17 now.

And I definitely appreciate the effort. I can't quite explain why I wonder about these things, but regardless, thank you.
  • I'm a sucker for anything based on PKD, hence really enjoyed "Screamers"
    Freddy
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    @kojiattwood That was a nice surprise to see. Screamers is a crazy underrated hard sci-fi flick, and easily Peter Weller's best work. Fun little tidbit: some friends of mine rented an apartment in town several years back and come to find out it was Weller's place when he was a student at UNT. First thing they did was go track down a RoboCop poster to hang up in the living room.
    kojiattwood
  • Melia004 said:

And I definitely appreciate the effort. I can't quite explain why I wonder about these things, but regardless, thank you.

I just wanted to say, I get this.  I always want to know when things will be done, even if I'm not in a hurry, even if I'm not annoyed things are behind.  It just makes me feel a little better to know how things are progressing and what the plan is.  

Just wanted to say that, I know sometimes I feel like a jerk when I ask someone how long something will take, I never want someone to think I'm criticizing or impatient.  I'm just able to relax when I know what the steps are, and how they're being taken.
    TaraC73Dee
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    As long as people aren't assholeish about it, I totally get it, @gjulleen - My husband is the same way. He likes to know the steps being taken to achieve XYZ goal :)
    gjulleen
  • To whomever commissioned Glengarry Glenross, you sir (or ma'am) deserve some coffee.

You're very welcome, btw, coffee is for closers only.
    kojiattwoodTravis
  • Thank goodness someone had the wherewithal to have Mamet write that amazing scene (and Alec Baldwin nailed it) for the movie, because it ain't in the play!
    TravisAntManBee
  • edited June 2016
    Glad my choice of Screamers is getting some love! Always liked it and we need more science fiction movies on Bald Move. Someone should commission Leviathan!
    Yeah, I'm not offended. If anyone was truly pissed about it, I'd offer them their money back, because it's not like I'm going to jump someone in the queue or do 17 podcasts in one week to make someone happy. I feel like that's the honest thing to do, if someone isn't happy with a transaction, give them their money back. We've refunded a handful of people memberships or whatnot because they complained about matters large or small, I mean, why not. 

But again, I don't think asking about status stuff is really complaining.  The commissions are one of the best parts of our jobs, and my delight to dismay ratio is at least 99:1.
    TaraC73anubus21Michelle
  • Was I that 1 in 99:1 A.Ron?

lol jk.

I don't know, Chike is in there too for the early Murphy's Law cast.  I hate feeling like we disappoint people.  So maybe you're like 0.5 of the 1, haha.  I worried about the Anne of Green Gables one, too, but apparently the person it was bought for was tickled by our take on it. 
  • Is there a list of previous ones. I usually just hit the back button until I find what I'm looking for
  • Are there any you wish people would commission A.Ron?
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    I find myself more excited for your review of No Country For Old Men then any other movie coming out in theaters right now. 
    FernNYC17Thegreek510
    Yeah, I have a list of Jim and A Ron selects that I'll be adding to the store in the next week or two.
    Travis
  • Thanks Jim, Aron, bald move fans for the Donnie Darko love on my commission. Had a great time hearing all the effort you put into the research for it. So far I've got Donnie Darko, Mean Girls, Stargate, Grosse Pointe Blank. Will have to think of something really out there for #5 - Brandon
    gjulleenFernNYC17MelonuskTravisAntManBee
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited June 2016

Yeah, I have a list of Jim and A Ron selects that I'll be adding to the store in the next week or two.

Would one of those be Casablanca? Jim so needs to see this! I'm amazed that he hasn't. I'm seriously thinking of commissioning it as soon as I have the cash - not because of Jim, but because it's just long overdue.

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Casablanca would be really awesome. Thats one I didn't get around to until a year or two ago and it held up to every huge expectation that I had for it.
    MichelleTaraC73
  • I think cool older stuff in general would be really interesting. Stuff like:

Double Indemnity

Sunset Boulevard

Chinatown

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Cool Hand Luke

MASH
    DaveyMacTaraC73TravisThegreek510
  • Ben Hur or Spartacus would be sweet!
    TaraC73WonderedObject
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    The Ten Commandments would be my choice.

I love that just on an entertainment level.  Watch it every year.
    TaraC73
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    Can we get a heads up on which Magnum PI episodes you guys are watching? 
  • I agree DrKen, 10 Commandments is probably my favorite of the old, epic films. I also watch it every year. The new version by Ridley Scott doesn't hold a candle to the original, and Yul Brenner can't be replicated by Joel Edgerton (though I thought he was great in the MMA movie Warrior).
This discussion has been closed.