607 - "The Broken Man" - SPOILER FRIENDLY!!

Director: Mark Mylod
Writer: Bryan Cogman

Comments

• Will Ian "The Hypebringer" McShane finally grace us with his presence? I think so. #GetHype
    GredalBee
  • The hound is back bitches!! Cleganebowl! get hype!
    ElisaDummybrowniefive
  • I'm hype!!!!!!!
    Dummy
  • GeorgeGeorge Astoria, New York
    Top 5 character in the series. Missed this dude.

GetHypeGetHypeGetHype.
    DummyBrawn
  • Cleganeeeeeeeee Bowllllllll
    Dummy
  • Queen of Thorns is Badass. She was going to make Margaery see sense.

Once she realized Margaery was working her own game, her faith was restored and she got on board.

She doesn't want her granddaughter brainwashed. As long as it was a free mind, she was with her.

I'm glad it was just a drawing of a rose. I expected a plan. Lady Olenna has faith. She didn't need to see the plan.
    TheEconomistIamRickonSchrodingersWightElisaMelonuskBrawnuncle_g
  • Funny how they put the Hound's first scene before the opening credits so we wouldn't see Rory McCann's name first.
    SlytherinSisterTheEconomistGajt530CallieDummybrowniefiveuncle_g
  • edited June 2016
    The good news is that the Hound is back.  The bad news is that his limp is so bad, there's no way he'd ever beat or challenge the Mountain in TBC.  Cleganebowl is dead, or at least the modern conception of it is.

What I think the episode did confirm is some kind of plot with Arya and Jon.  Arya walking around with Needle and suffering similar stab wounds like Jon is more than a coincidence.  I don't know what, but it's leading to something.
    CallieElisaalatzhall
  • Oh Arya, I thought you would put up a little bit more of a fight. I think she will live, but God damn
    Gajt530Calliebrowniefive
  • Damn that was a hell of an episode!!
    GredalBeeLanielove
  • weeniegirlweeniegirl Atlanta, GA
    Wow, great episode. There's no way Arya survives that wound without some sort of magical intervention, right?

So glad Sandor is back, he was always an interesting character. I appreciate Rory McCann's comic acting, but his portrayal of Sandor's more tragic elements is fantastic.
    TheEconomistGajt530ElisaStarkFanWilliBrawn
  • TheEconomistTheEconomist Chattanooga, TN
    I would stand up and applaud if they did Arya dirty. Just go bold with it. I thought it was silly people thinking she'd get one up on a Faceless Man who would own her even unarmed.

Lady Mormont is a fierce badass. Period. Regardless of age or gender.

Who wants to bet Sansa is writing Littlefinger for a reconsideration of the Vale army offer?
    Gajt530Elisa
  • edited June 2016
    The waif sure seems to be a second-rate faceless person, who tries to kill someone by stabbing them in the stomach first?
    TheEconomist
    IamRickon said:

The waif sure seems to be a second-rate faceless person, who tries to kill someone by stabbing them in the stomach first?

Definitely did not obey the order to not let a girl suffer.
    weeniegirlDuncan MacCallieMelonuskBrawn
  • Good episode overall except for Arya getting stabbed. I think the double D's got it wrong with Arya.
    They have her walking around Bravos with no disguise, strolling along throwing down judge sums of money, standing on a bridge taking in the sights, then fall for the little old lady trick. This is not the smart savvy Arya we know and love. She might as well have worn a target on her back, she could not have made it anymore easier for the waif. What's up with that double D's?
  • edited June 2016
    treerocks said:

Good episode overall except for Arya getting stabbed. I think the double D's got it wrong with Arya.
    They have her walking around Bravos with no disguise, strolling along throwing down judge sums of money, standing on a bridge taking in the sights, then fall for the little old lady trick. This is not the smart savvy Arya we know and love. She might as well have worn a target on her back, she could not have made it anymore easier for the waif. What's up with that double D's?

Exactly. I was like, how did Arya not see that coming? She was about two merit badges away from becoming a no-faced dude herself. Shouldn't she have been like "Uh oh, rando old crone approaching me. Best I kick her in the cunt"

CalliebrowniefiveEine FrauTonya
  • treerocks said:

Good episode overall except for Arya getting stabbed. I think the double D's got it wrong with Arya.

This.  A thousand times this.

She's gone backward, the day after she bails on the most effective group of assassins ever.  Not even Sansa is that stupid.
    CallieHunter
  • MichelleMichelle California
    @treerocks, I think it's them showing us that the minute she felt comfortable and let her guard down once she booked passage out, that's when she was hurt. Arya can't let her guard down for a single second if she is going to survive and complete her mission.
    TheEconomist[Deleted User]CallieBrawn
  • Fucking Ian McShane, always a pleasure. Too short a visit though.
    MichelleOldGriswoldCallieElisaDaveyMacbrowniefivehypergenesbHoofa
  • Why would the brotherhood be killing people like that? Does anyone thought that they might be under new management, like lady Stoneheart??!!!
    ElisaBrawn
    edited June 2016
    treerocks said:

@Garrison66

The Faceless Men literally built Braavos. She wasn't getting out unscathed regardless. Also the old woman wasn't like "fooled you" trick. Waif called out sweet girl and when Arya turned around was immediately stabbed. Arya isn't really all that smart or saavy. She constantly makes stubborn decisions that land her in hot water. If Yoren or Jaqen or Sandor weren't around to clean up her mess she'd be long dead.
    CallieDaveyMac
    guillermo said:

Why would the brotherhood be killing people like that? Does anyone thought that they might be under new management, like lady Stoneheart??!!!

Maybe because that group was explicitly for the Seven new gods, that the R'Hollor following Brotherhood thought it was justified pillaging the infidels.
  • guillermo said:

Why would the brotherhood be killing people like that? Does anyone thought that they might be under new management, like lady Stoneheart??!!!

They're a bunch of renegades and miscreants, completely in character
    Teletype
  • BigSmellBigSmell Raleigh, NC
    guillermo said:

Gods be good
  • treerocks said:

The Faceless Men literally built Braavos. She wasn't getting out unscathed regardless. Also the old woman wasn't like "fooled you" trick. Waif called out sweet girl and when Arya turned around was immediately stabbed. Arya isn't really all that smart or saavy. She constantly makes stubborn decisions that land her in hot water. If Yoren or Jaqen or Sandor weren't around to clean up her mess she'd be long dead.
    I think there's a difference between being stubborn and being a dumbass
    edited June 2016

treerocks said:

I think there's a difference between being stubborn and being a dumbass

There can be yet they are often one in the same. If not stubborn than say impulsive which is probably more accurate anyway.
    Has she ever once in her life thought anything through to their consequences?
  • guillermo said:

Hmm.  I guess, but even Stoneheart didn't just murder innocent people, she was just obsessed with vengeance.  Does seem weird that they'd be murderous bandits now.
    guillermoElisaEine FrauBrawn
  • guillermo said:

Maybe because that group was explicitly for the Seven new gods, that the R'Hollor following Brotherhood thought it was justified pillaging the infidels.

guillermo said:

Sounds logical, however their past leader, The lighting lord was totally against hurting innocent people.
  • voodoorat said:

guillermo said:

Hmm.  I guess, but even Stoneheart didn't just murder innocent people, she was just obsessed with vengeance.  Does seem weird that they'd be murderous bandits now.

Was meribald connected to the Lannisters or did he helped anyone that participated in the red Wedding? Maybe helping Sandor was enough reason to kill the whole bunch
    TheEconomistuncle_g
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited June 2016
    guillermo said:

guillermo said:

guillermo said:

Sounds logical, however their past leader, The lighting lord was totally against hurting innocent people.
    Maybe one of them recognized the Hound when they first encountered the congregation, and their new leader Lady Stoneheart deemed them all guilty of harboring him. She is a fan of hangings in the book ...

In any case, that was a pretty great guest spot from McShane. Loved having it be a cold open.
    TheEconomistguillermoBrawn
This discussion has been closed.