610 - "The Winds of Winter" - SPOILERS FOR DAYS THREAD!

Comments

• edited June 2016
    I wonder if this is a record on named characters death.
  • 303PamG said:

Did NOT see that coming. Any tinfoil point that direction? Re: Tomin

With the prophesy about Cersei's children, and him being the last, figured he would not make it to the end game, but did not see it play out like this for sure.

Too kind and sensitive for that world, for sure.

Elisa
  • This episode was very efficient at consolidating plots. Seems like next season we spend some time with the battle between the Lannisters and Targaryen/Tyrell/Martell/Greyjoy armies. While that's going on, the Northern army and the Night King start sparring. Then we bring it all together and get the dragon v. walker battle we've been waiting for for years. Everything is set up too perfectly. Hopefully they'll throw some more chaos in before we're done. 
    SlytherinSister
  • Cersei with no children is a scary thing
    TheEconomistElisaBigSmellrockalittle85Melonusk
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    That was an emotional roller coaster, but mostly it felt like a horror movie. Even the King in the North scene, which had me weeping tears of joy, felt ominous with fucking Littlefinger and Sansa exchanging significant looks.

Poor Tommen. 

WHERE IS GHOST?
    Duncan MacTheEconomistElisaMurderbearjomihatrippyDaveyMacz74alMonicaMelonusk
  • gjulleen said:

ARYA WAS SMILING AT JAIME! Can't wait for the podcast, should we put it under Game of Thrones or Walking Dead? Jaime is a dead man walking!!

Cersei was on Arya's list, but I don't think Jaime was... has he done anything for her to add him? (Other than the whole throwing Bran off the tower deal, but she doesn't know that.)
  • weeniegirlweeniegirl Atlanta, GA
    I never thought Cersei would actually sit the iron throne, that was the real shock of the episode for me!
    TheEconomistvoodoorathisdudeness915ElisaMurderbearpavlovsbellDaveyMacMonicaMelonusk
  • TheEconomistTheEconomist Chattanooga, TN
    IamRickon said:

This episode was very efficient at consolidating plots. Seems like next season we spend some time with the battle between the Lannisters and Targaryen/Tyrell/Martell/Greyjoy armies. While that's going on, the Northern army and the Night King start sparring. Then we bring it all together and get the dragon v. walker battle we've been waiting for for years. Everything is set up too perfectly. Hopefully they'll throw some more chaos in before we're done. 

X-Factor Littlefinger for sure especially with that look at the declaration and Sansa spurning him. Wonder if Vale lords like Royce declaring Jon King in the North means he swears fealty to him or just an allied supporter to his claim on the North and still obeys Robyn Arryn (Littlefinger).
  • edited June 2016
    IamRickon said:

This episode was very efficient at consolidating plots. Seems like next season we spend some time with the battle between the Lannisters and Targaryen/Tyrell/Martell/Greyjoy armies. While that's going on, the Northern army and the Night King start sparring. Then we bring it all together and get the dragon v. walker battle we've been waiting for for years. Everything is set up too perfectly. Hopefully they'll throw some more chaos in before we're done. 

Yeah, it seems like they will be jumping around a lot less now. But, hopefully it's not so neat and predicated. Because it seems like thing are going to play out exactly like you say
  • RIP Loras, Margery, Mace Tyrell, Tommen, Maester Pycelle, Lancel, High Sparrow, tons of sparrows and half the nobility.

Elisa
  • Wow! Great focking episode! My favorite scene was Arya in disguise serving up Frey pie & revenge. Second favorite was Great Sparrow going up like the Nazi in Indiana Jones. Third, Queen of Thorns telling Sand Snake to STFU. Tied for third, Lady Mormont's monologue.

I have a few questions:
    1. Did we see Old Town in the steampunk opening credits?
    2. Do any remaining Bolton troops have to join Stark or take the Black?
    3. Does Varys have Littlefinger's jet pack?
    4. Opinion: Does Arya go to KL for more revenge, or north to join her family?
    5. Opinion: What are your favorite scenes? Least favorite?

My least favorite scene: Sansa speaks for the writers and says sorry I didn't tell you. (Lamp shading)
    Elisamanhattniklawrence orbach
  • edited June 2016
    Deleted: double post.
  • RIP Loras, Margery, Mace Tyrell, Tommen, Maester Pycelle, Lancel, High Sparrow, tons of sparrows and half the nobility.

Don't forget Polan--err--Kevan.
    Duncan MacTheEconomistElisa
  • Question: did Arya kill some girl for her face or did she steal a face from the house of Blake and white?
    edited June 2016
    The King is dead! Long live the Queen...and her reign of terror!

How many upjumped merchants and lesser nobles do you think will kiss her ring for some recently vacated castles to sudden and catastrophic out of town owner death?

Hope Arya springs her uncle Edmure loose and and he can start another Riverlands rebellion and perhaps rejoin a King in the North making every single kingdom and region anti Cersei Lannister.

Do we see a Lannister lion in the clockwork King's Landing next season?
    Duncan MacElisapavlovsbelltrippy
  • voodoorat said:

RIP Loras, Margery, Mace Tyrell, Tommen, Maester Pycelle, Lancel, High Sparrow, tons of sparrows and half the nobility.

I left out the Frey's as well.

BTW, the pain on Jaime's face was palpable when Ole Walder was talking like they were both the same: "kingslayers that everyone hates them but we don't care!?"

TheEconomisttrippy
    edited June 2016
    voodoorat said:

RIP Loras, Margery, Mace Tyrell, Tommen, Maester Pycelle, Lancel, High Sparrow, tons of sparrows and half the nobility.

Oh the good Ser Kevan. He was too sane and sensible for Queen Cersei's mad mad world. May he continue to regulate her on the other side from beyond the grave...er, ash pile.
    Elisa
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    The Queen of Thorns telling the Sand Snakes to STFU because they are the worst was almost as awesome as Lyanna Mormont telling the old white men what's up. Olenna would love Lyanna.
    TheEconomistmanhattnikDummyDaveyMacThannosweeniegirlMonicaMelonusksteph_b
  • MuyiwaMuyiwa Ocean, NJ
    Lady Olenna's withering analysis of Cersei was given even more credence this episode. Yes she got something she really wanted, power, but at what cost? She never considers the consequences of her actions, and now she is a queen with no kingdom, pretty much. All she has is King's Landing and Casterly Rock.

The Iron Islands, Dorne and The Reach have declared for Danaerys. The Riverlands, maybe, but it seems that all the leading Freys are dead. The Vale and the North are allied behind Jon Snow(Stark?).

And for me, the look Jaime was giving her was one of apprehension, and maybe disgust. Perhaps this is what it took for her hold over him to be broken.
    TheEconomist
  • holy Crap Arya, well done.

Sansa, Sansa Sansa, no one appreciates you, no Queen of the North.

If Varys is in the ship, that means, they already reached Wessos right? Could they all be on thier way to Kings Landing?

• MuyiwaMuyiwa Ocean, NJ
    @treerocks Seems like he got the ships, came back, they loaded up, and are now on their way to Westeros.

Safe to say that at least a couple of weeks passed between the Fire and Blood scene and the last shot.
    [Deleted User]Elisa
    edited June 2016
    Muyiwa said:

Lady Olenna's withering analysis of Cersei was given even more credence this episode. Yes she got something she really wanted, power, but at what cost? She never considers the consequences of her actions, and now she is a queen with no kingdom, pretty much. All she has is King's Landing and Casterly Rock.

The Iron Islands, Dorne and The Reach have declared for Danaerys. The Riverlands, maybe, but it seems that all the leading Freys are dead. The Vale and the North are allied behind Jon Snow(Stark?).

And for me, the look Jaime was giving her was one of apprehension, and maybe disgust. Perhaps this is what it took for her hold over him to be broken.

Cersei might not even have Casterly Rock. It seems like Kevan consolidated his hold on it when he left after Tywin's funeral when Cersei insisted on being on the Small Council. And she just roasted him. Not sure if he left a widow or daughter behind (all his sons are dead I think) who I'm sure aren't fans of her niece/aunt.

I'm really hoping Arya lets her uncle Edmure free to reclaim the Riverlands and perhaps rejoin a King in the North.

It really is Cersei versus the world right now.

Maybe this is finally the rift in the Jamie and Cersei relationship we find in the books. Perhaps he has to go back to the Riverlands to sort the chaos with the chief Freys dead.
  • Also, are all the houses against House Lannister? Cersi the mad queen and the mountain against everyone? What's her game plan now I wonder.
  • I've hated Cersei since episode 1. But damn I respect her now.
    She had the balls to do what nobody else would and cleaned her own mess.

How about that Arya?  Where is sexy Jesus though?
    Elisa
  • Would have been cool to get Arya reunited with Sansa and Jon before the credits. 
  • treerocks said:

Also, are all the houses against House Lannister? Cersi the mad queen and the mountain against everyone? What's her game plan now I wonder.

I think we just saw the end of her plan. She is the Queen. She has never thought that far ahead
    TheEconomist[Deleted User]
  • Did anyone else get a flashback to the godfather movie during Cersei's settling of all family business?

And does it seem to anyone else that Melisandre is now the most likely candidate for a Lady Stone Heart razor.  Make most sense for her to join up with the Brotherhood.Loved Arya's scene.  Fingers crossed for a Nymeria reunion in the river lands.

Hard to belive we finally got rlj confirmation.  I shouted out loud when it showed young Ned on the previously on.

Going to be some blood spilled next season.  Cersei's with nothing to lose,  Olena with nothing to lose.  Wonder where Euron shows up.  I'm calling Euron goes to offer his ships and cock to Cersei now setting up a mid season naval battle.

Next season will be the battle for westeros.  Wall goes down in episode 9.  Season 8 is all the long Night.
    TheEconomisttrippyElisa
    Muyiwa said:

@treerocks Seems like he got the ships, came back, they loaded up, and are now on their way to Westeros.

Safe to say that at least a couple of weeks passed between the Fire and Blood scene and the last shot.

That's possible. Or they are a lot closer to Westeros than we think and Varys had the rebel Martel and Tyrell ships full of fresh Westerosi soldiers meet the armada in say the Narrow Sea.
  • OldGriswoldOldGriswold Brooklyn
    edited June 2016
    Holy crap.

The good:
    "Sorry Jon" (Damn right you're sorry ya silly cow)
    RIP Kevan, Sparrow
    I could feel the pain of Jaime after "we're both Kingslayers and neither of us care"
    LampFrey Pie
    A good scene with Dorne for once (Thanks, Diana Rigg!)
    PROMISE ME, NED (RIP Eddard, took that secret to the grave)
    Tyrion giving Dany the eyes... anyone else think he's actually in love again?
    Jaime's fume-face as another monster sits on the iron throne

Not so much:
    The High Sparrow, who's been one step ahead of the game for a long time, not recognizing that it's a problem that neither the king nor the Queen mother have shown up on time?
    RIP Loras, Margaery (seriously though, was interested in Loras' book storyline, going nowhere obv)
    "we burned her at the stake" ... "okay, ride south then, don't let the door hit you on the way out"
    Did we really need another King in the North?
    Varys' jetpack
  • BigSmellBigSmell Raleigh, NC
    Muyiwa said:

This fucking episode I can't even

I hope you're all ready for those pissing and moaning about how Varys got to Dorne and got back in time to be on the ships #itdoesntmatter

It's called the narrow sea. Disbelief suspended. 
    podcartfan
This discussion has been closed.