USA Presidential Election 2016

Comments

• Dummy said:

My only light at the end of the tunnel is that Elizabeth Warren is gonna fucking DESTROY Trump in 2020. Can you imagine him in a debate with her? My heart races with joy at the possibility.

I can't even see that. What exactly do you think Trump will do that will turn off these Trump supporters? Not kill enough families of terrorists? 
    I just think his supporters are going to see what a sham he is. He doesn't give a fuck about them. He's not gonna get Mexico to pay for his stupid fucking wall. he's prboably gonna pass TPP despite all the hot air he talked about not passing bad trade deals. He's the ultimate con artist. It's the way he's tricked people into thinking he's a billionaire for 30 fucking years. My stepdad just today said to me "he's a tremendous billionaire". I think being in this position will finally expose how much of a snake oil salesman he is. 
    Dummy36MickColdRolled7
  • Hatorian said:

My theory is that Facebook, social media, the news all played a huge part in people not publically saying they were going to vote for Trump. Which made it seem like Hilary had a much larger lead that she did. If I was a trump supporter there was no way I'd tell anyone I was. Just because of how I felt I would be treated by others. However, in the end when it came down to voting...they did. And in big numbers.

I think this has some truth to it. I'm a fiscal conservative that agrees with common sense gun regulations (I don't think control is a good word) and disagrees with going backwards on social issues. I don't trust trump on the fiscal conservative issues I care for. This is why I voted Clinton. I personally have not encountered many people here in CO that are openly pro trump. And I live in Douglas county which is very red. Notably only 2-3 people on my Facebook feed mentioned anything pro trump. So either people didn't want to admit being a trump supporter, people didn't make up their minds, or, the urban vote of people do not utilize social media as much if at all. I think there is a large portion of the country that goes un-noticed and ignored, ignored to the point no one seemed to capture them in any type of polling prior to Election Day . This is sad to recognize and admit but to heal the country I think we need to look at America as a whole and try to figure it out.

• Also, DEMOCRATS, FUCKING VOTE IN THE MIDTERMS!!!!!!!
    Frakkin T
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    edited November 2016
    @Freddy same here man. I mean Obama ran on hope and change but I'm pretty sure after 8 years the US military or the police could drone strike my house legally or throw me in jail indefinitely with no trial.

Change takes a long time in our government and it's by design.
    Brawn
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited November 2016
    Dummy said:

Freddy said:

I've never been worried about Trump. Just four years of loud horseshit and no drastic changes. As a country, we can stand four years in limbo.

Supreme courts appointments will fuck this country up more than four years. 
    Doesn't the Senate still have to play ball? It's not like Trump can appoint himself.
  • My friend just texted me this  image
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited November 2016
    The Republican controlled Senate? The Repiblican controlled senate which may eliminate the filibuster.
    Freddy said:

Dummy said:

Freddy said:

I've never been worried about Trump. Just four years of loud horseshit and no drastic changes. As a country, we can stand four years in limbo.

Supreme courts appointments will fuck this country up more than four years. 
    Doesn't the Senate still have to play ball?
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    edited November 2016

Also, DEMOCRATS, FUCKING VOTE IN THE MIDTERMS!!!!!!!

and call your democrat in congress or the senate and tell them to BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK for the next two years or you'll throw him/her out. 
  • I bet there is significant Bernie to Trump crossover.
  • Demic said:

My friend just texted me this  image

We can't see it.
    I know. For some reason having trouble uploading it. Try this: http://imgur.com/a/Azy2G
  • What he's going to to do the EPA will effectively mean game over for the environment. We have a super narrow window in which we can take major steps to stop the rising global temperature. The legacy of this election is that between the lasting damage to the supreme court, the massive debts he will accrue from his bullshit tax cuts, and the total slashing of environmental regulations, this will be the beginning of the end.
  • He's not the president we need, but he's the president we deserve.
    Zsa004DancesWithWookiesGredalBeevoodoorat
  • Trump performed better than Romney with Hispanics.

Trump beat Clinton 48-43 with whites age 18-29

People really weren't buying what Clinton was selling.
  • BlanchBlanch Tempe, Az
    Say it ain't so
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited November 2016
    Alright. Let the games begin.

First president in history to literally not have any professional political or military experience.
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited November 2016
    Fat lady sang.
  • Ryan Lizza of the New Yorker with some real talk (emphasis added):
    http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-2016-presidential-election-live-blog-and-analysis#unthinkable-thoughts

On the one hand...
    The best minds in the Republican Party are deeply alienated from Trump and his team. This has created a situation in which Trump would enter government surrounded by some of the more disreputable people in public life. A President Trump will need his worst Republican critics to assist him and prevent, to the extent they can, his Administration from damaging the republic. There should be no shame in the most rabidly anti-Trump Republicans offering up their talents to help usher Trump through a job for which he is proudly unqualified. There is every reason to believe Trump will punish his many G.O.P. critics, but they have a responsibility to do what they can to prevent America from becoming a failed state under Trump.

On the other....
    The circumstances of a Trump victory will embolden a candidate who has already demonstrated little regard for democratic norms. Trump has threatened to jail his political opponent. He has threatened to make it easier to punish journalists. He bragged about sexually assaulting women. He has promised to bring back torture and issue commands to American soldiers to commit war crimes. He was endorsed by the K.K.K. and he wants to ban Muslims from entering the United States. He has praised the Chinese crackdown of pro-democracy protesters in Tiananmen Square. The only world leader for whom he has ever shown respect is Vladimir Putin, who dismantled democracy in Russia. He is a reckless demagogue. If he wins tonight, he will not be chastened. After an election in which he was right and everyone else was wrong, he will be supremely confident that normal rules don’t apply to him, because for two years they haven’t. Every dangerous instinct he has demonstrated will be fed by the circumstances of a victory tonight.

unread
  • Jesus Christ we're really going to get a giant golden sarif T mounted on the White House. 

Surely only Saturday Night Live can actually be happy with this.
    Brawnpavlovsbell

So...who's coming?
    darwinfeeshyDoctor_NickpavlovsbellGredalBeeDummyDStar36MickMichelleMarci
  • Volume Warning:

pavlovsbellDummyMichelleApril_May_June
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY

I thought this was going to me while Trump was throwing a tantrum about the election being rigged:

But instead I'm like

ghm3DummyDaveyMacDStar36MickMichelleweeniegirlz74alAntManBee
  • I thought this was going to me while Trump was throwing a tantrum about the election being rigged:

But instead I'm likeimage
    Hahaha is Hillary Clinton going to go pay to beat up a homeless person after this? 

Oh and goddamn that is one lucky egg roll/whatever that is.
    pavlovsbell
This discussion has been closed.