We Need Your Help -- Video

Comments

• notgotchanotgotcha Pacific Northwest, US of A
    Congrats on reaching your goal fellas!
  • Could not be more happy for you guys. I hope it continues to generate more cash to make it less stressful for both of you. 

Don't stress this man out

• My yearly U$12 subscription just got automatically renewed. I was going to renew at the U$5 a month rate. Does anyone know what I should do? How do I contact the guys directly? I can't seem to find the correct email. 
  • JasmynPJasmynP Washington, DC
    I donated and renewed at the new amount. I consider Bald Movie essential to my tv watching experience. I listen to almost all of your back catalog while working or driving and I love you guys. Thanks for all the hard work and congratulations on have such quality shows and such amazing talent and building a community that immediately heeds the call to support. Bald Move forever!!!
    Elisammmlemoncakes
    edited November 2016

My yearly U$12 subscription just got automatically renewed. I was going to renew at the U$5 a month rate. Does anyone know what I should do? How do I contact the guys directly? I can't seem to find the correct email. 

Support@baldmove.com
    ElisaIEVA
    Ashley said:

So I'm way behind on all of this and I could only background listen to the video while I'm at work, so I apologize if the answer is already in there somewhere.

But I'm already currently subscribed to the club for $10 a month. With the new structure, is it correct that I need to re-subscribe? And it's no longer a pay-what-you-want model, so I'd have to go to $5/month?

Shoot a quick email to support@baldmove.com. I know that wouldn't want questions like this lost in the thread.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH

My yearly U$12 subscription just got automatically renewed. I was going to renew at the U$5 a month rate. Does anyone know what I should do? How do I contact the guys directly? I can't seem to find the correct email. 

support@baldmove.com, we'll help you out!
    Dani_Armindomanhattnik
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH

A. Ron,

Accounting/Excel issue: You need to correct an error in your spread to get a more accurate model. 

At 1:59 on the 2016 Financial Summary Update video, you highlight Col: AN Row: 2. 

Issue at hand is that the internal link is =AN34. This should be =AM34. Simple typo but can mess up your entire spread's calculations.

It looks like as you scrub through the rest, it seems fine, as the other columns aren't effected. AO2 is indeed =AN34 like it should be and so on down the row.

So I looked into this, and either Jim already fixed it, or it was a result of some sort of incomplete screen refresh that the video captured, because it's correct in the actually document.  Actually, I just checked, and no one has made a revision to it since we shot the video on Wednesday, so I'm assuming it must be a glitch on the capture side.  I then set it to =AN34, which caused !REF errors from that total on.  Very mysterious.

Eagle eye though!  It took me forever to get the exact point of time where I cruised through that cell!
    DoubleA_RonElisa
  • My yearly U$12 subscription just got automatically renewed. I was going to renew at the U$5 a month rate. Does anyone know what I should do? How do I contact the guys directly? I can't seem to find the correct email. 

support@baldmove.com, we'll help you out!
    Will email now, thank you!! Thanks to JasmynP as well.
  • mvcpachecomvcpacheco Sao Paulo, Brazil
    I was on the bus after a shitty day and I saw the YouTube video with the results. I started crying when A.Ron talked about his family and how successful the fundraising was. I'm been listening since the old Game of Thrones podcast and now I'm going through the Blue Yonder archive.
    See you at lunch today!
    Kela15JasmynPHollyoakFernNYC17MelonuskJayland86Elisaksa1001
  • I have to say, I got a little misty-eyed watching the new video. When A. Ron said that he hasn't had a lot of familial support in his life, and that he and Jim are the best of true friends, my heart got a little verklempt. I think it is so great that complete strangers reached out to make this happen. It's a true grass roots movement. I am happy to have donated and rejoined the Club.

This is how I felt when I saw that Bald Move had reached its goal:

:)
    Melia004Elisammmlemoncakes
  • The minute I heard about this I donated and subscribed at the new rate, and based on your success it looks like many others did the same.  We love what you do!!!  After the beginning of this week, I am so happy to be a part of a community that helps when help is requested.

Also you can tell the idiots at Amazon that there were many, many times when I found what I needed elsewhere, but bought it from Amazon instead because I was supporting Bald Move, even if it were a little more expensive.  I won't be doing that anymore!  

Bottom line - NEVER LEAVE US.  And ask for help when you need it, because we will be there for you.  
    JasmynPgjulleenDani_ArmindoElisa
  • DStarDStar Portland, OR
    Re-upped my membership today & I'm looking forward to my new Bald Move t-shirt. 

But mostly, I'msSo thrilled to continue to have Bald Move at the ready! I'm not a heavy participant in the forums or with feedback, but I listened to many hours of Bald Move programming before finally breaking down and becoming a club member earlier this year. I'm happy to support you guys. You've been loyals companions as I've weathered life's ups and downs over the last few years, and an inspriation for me to quit my job of 14 year!. I was moderately successful and there was a lot of opportunity for me to keep moving up the ladder, but you guys gave me hope that I could make it in this world and still take a chance on happieness and fullfillmnet by becoming my own boss.

I know you guys recently got thrown a curve ball, but you handleed it like champs. I know you probably hear this all the time, but your openness and and enthusiasm really make a difference. I've had my own run-ins with spiritual oppression and abuse, and as you guys have shared you authentic experiences with your fans, you've helped me to heal as well. 

Gotta stop typing -cuz, ya know - tears.  

Keep it up guys - and THANK YOU!
    HollyoakDani_ArmindoA_Ron_Hubbardhisdudeness915ElisaAldtaiCodyHarris821
  • So I renewed my membership at the new rate (needed to wait to get paid first!)  It was prorated, so I could have done it sooner but I bought two commission shares instead (knowing that I could spare $20 when I did it but thinking $48 was just a little too much before payday), so I'm feeling good about my life choices today :D

I'm going to take another look at commissions after work today!
    A_Ron_HubbardFreddyElisa
  • I would happily pay the 50$ a year for a membership. Can you just make a link or really obvious button so that its real easy to pay and, if its not already, make an automatic renewal option.  Sorry if you have already done this. I am real bad at navigating websites.  Its been a terrible year with losing David Bowie, then a trump presidency, we cant let anything happen to Baldmove. Hang in there!!

Hollyoak
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • So happy for you guys!! So happy for us.
    Elisa
  • Hi Guys, the one bright spot in my week was all the love and support for BaldMove that helped you reach your goal so quickly!  I'm not active on the forums but I've been a club member from day one (I think) and I couldn't be happier to support my two favorite independent podcasters!  I hope there's a con that brings you out west (CA) one day, so I can say thank you in person (and hopefully buy you a beer or two) for listening pleasure you've given me!  
    ElisaKim_E
  • AldtaiAldtai Gardiner, ME
    First post here, after reading ( some of ) this thread. First off, very very glad you managed to meet your goal so quickly. It obviously speaks to how much value you bring to everyone's tv watching experience.

I was one of those first time game of thrones listeners you mentioned in one of your recent videos, and also someone who had never paid for a podcast. That said, before the call for help, I had been saying to myself, while listening to every pod cast, that I really needed to get off my butt and subscribe. I tend to listen while I'm doing other things, usually work or driving, so it was never a convenient time to stop and sign up. I'm hoping that there are quite a few more, well meaning but busy, people like me that just needed to hear your recent messages to get us to make a point and set aside some time to do the right thing.

I also signed up for the monthly plan, figuring that the $5 a month plan would net you two more at the end of the year. But I absolutely get that sometimes money up front is better than money long term so after posting this I'm going to locate the donation page and do that as well. I truely find a lot of value in what you guys do ( abosultly the best GOT podcast out there, and I have tried many ) so please keep doing what you are doing, and don't feel bad about making a wage you can live with for it. It is well earned.

I'm still branching out and trying some of your other podcasts ( West World, American Horror Story ) and can't get enough. I can absolutely see myself as a long time subscriber. Keep up the awesome work guys.
    DummyDeeDani_ArmindoElisaMelonuskDStarA_Ron_Hubbard
  • manhattnikmanhattnik the big apple
    Signed up fo the new yearly subscription. Glad you're back in the black.
    AldtaiElisa
  • Award for the most lit bald move forum thread goes right here
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    For those of us already signed up for the yearly subscription - I think it was twelve dollars back when I subd, will that payment change. A monthly change or will I just be paying more when I auto-renwal?
  • I finally went to the page to donate.  Considering how quickly the goal was met, that 43 minute video breaking down finances reminded me of that scene between Cutty and Avon from The Wire..."All that for $10,000?"  Congratulations, of course.  I joined the club; even if I don't take advantage of all the content, 5 bucks a month for like 20 hours of entertainment is more than fair.
    hisdudeness915AldtaiElisaA_Ron_Hubbard
  • AldtaiAldtai Gardiner, ME
    ken hale said:

I finally went to the page to donate.  Considering how quickly the goal was met, that 43 minute video breaking down finances reminded me of that scene between Cutty and Avon from The Wire..."All that for $10,000?"  Congratulations, of course.  I joined the club; even if I don't take advantage of all the content, 5 bucks a month for like 20 hours of entertainment is more than fair.

That's exactly how I thought of it. But I find myself enjoying the extras. Really enjoy the lunch videos.
    Elisa
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    I'm not in as great a place financially as I was back when you had the Kickstarter, but I'm SO GLAD the goal was reached! I love you guys, and I plan to finish my master's next year, get a badass job, and continue to support you at the level I used to be able to.

Got a share for Blazing Saddles FWIW. 
    ElisaHollyoakA_Ron_Hubbard
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    The real question tho... in light of all these financials... is how much A.Ron's going rate went down for the Sheikh.
    ksa1001A_Ron_Hubbard
  • aberry89 said:

For those of us already signed up for the yearly subscription - I think it was twelve dollars back when I subd, will that payment change. A monthly change or will I just be paying more when I auto-renwal?

I think you need to update to the new rate manually. If you do it "now", it gets prorated for what you have already paid.
  • To be honest, I always thought you really undervalued your club anyways and that $12py was a bargain. I will have no problem paying the new price when my year is up. 
    A_Ron_HubbardFlashGordon
  • Subscribed after listening for some time. SO glad you hit (and exceeded) your goal.

This definitely feels like your 'George Bailey' moment in the final scene from Its a Wonderful Life.

So happy for you (and us) that operations will continue. 
  • Hey guys, 
    I glad you made your goal. I sent in a donation and hope it helps a little,

I have been a member for a while now at the $12 month level. It seemed easy to jump in because the "buck a month" made me feel like it was very little to me but adding my $1 to dollars of other people was making it possible for you guys to make quality product.

This next part is hard for me. My $20 USD donation cost me $28 CAD in conversion and I wouldn't have thought twice if the price doubled or tripled but the jump to $48 per year would be quite tough for me - that's $79 CAD$, It will be a serious decision whether or not I can continue as a member.

I admire what you guys did going on your own and I have enjoyed feeling like a part of your success with my (albeit) small contribution. If I can continue, it will be because of the relationship you have cultivated with your members over the years. I am afraid new listeners might not be as willing to jump on at such an increased price?

You have really worked the numbers, so if anyone can make it work, it's you. I hope I am able to remain part of the membership community in the future.
    ElisaHollyoak
This discussion has been closed.