Spoiler from the spoiler section of the most recent podcast

WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
edited November 2016 in Westworld
WTF Nolan!

Like the guys said, this is the kind of shit I'd expect from Ryan Murphy and his loud ass self. This is kind of sad to hear the Nolan spoiled something that's pretty big in my eyes. Or maybe he was tired of everyone complaining about the techs and how they're "unrealistic". Who knows. 

Anyone have a link to the article in question? I'm trying to see how it came up.

Also, I remember this was supposed to be released last year. What a fall that would have been with The Leftovers, Fargo, AND Westworld. 

Mini rant over.  
Elisa

Comments

• LukeLuke Central Illinois
    edited November 2016
    The first time I heard him hinting about it was an episode or two ago and he told people to wait until episode 8.

I'm guessing all the people bitching about the techs got to him and he finally just gave them an answer to shut them up.

What I don't get with a serial drama like this is why keep doing press mid season. At this point I don't think you are going to drum up that much more hype. Do the interviews after the finale to start the hype train for next season.
    ElisaA_Ron_Hubbard
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    @Luke
    Yeah I remember everyone talking about waiting for a certain episode but this was a bit much. wish these people would just wait. It wasn't a deal breaker to wait.
    Yeah for dramas like this I don't think there's much reason to drop hints like that. Maybe if the show had lost a significant number of viewers.
    Elisa
  • Luke said:

The first time I heard him hinting about it was an episode or two ago and he told people to wait until episode 8.

I'm guessing all the people bitching about the techs got to him and he finally just gave them an answer to shut them up.

What I don't get with a serial drama like this is why keep doing press mid season. At this point I don't think you are going to drum up that much more hype. Do the interviews after the finale to start the hype train for next season.

Based on my experience on another board, "fans" get quite angry when they are not acknowledged. IMO it's just another example of Entitlement run wild but I suppose if that's your target demo you do what you gotta do.
    ElisaA_Ron_Hubbard
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I'd just like to acknowledge this thread and everyone's fine work in it. And just, wait for our podcast for the ninth episode, it's going to be a game changer.
    WonderedObjectDharmaBotgjulleenMelonuskKingKobraElisaTimKBrawn
  • I'd just like to acknowledge this thread and everyone's fine work in it. And just, wait for our podcast for the ninth episode, it's going to be a game changer.

we already know you two are hosts
    ElisaweeniegirlBrawn
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I can't find any reference anywhere to this so called spoiler, other than the content spoken on the Bald Move podcast. 

Being honest, I am starting to think someone made it up.
  • Actually the twist is Jim is the only Non-Host
    Vasilnate1
  • edited November 2016

tooms said:

I can't find any reference anywhere to this so called spoiler, other than the content spoken on the Bald Move podcast. 

Me neither, can you tell us where you saw this @A_Ron_Hubbard ?? Even if it's true, it definitely wasn't revealed in episode 8.

• tooms said:

I can't find any reference anywhere to this so called spoiler, other than the content spoken on the Bald Move podcast. 

Me neither, can you tell us where you saw this @A_Ron_Hubbard ?? Even if it's true, it definitely wasn't revealed in episode 8.
    I would say the "hint" was that Sylvester didnt die when Maeve cut his throat. Also, Felix used a tool that they use on hosts to repair that cut.

voodooratElisa
  • KingKobra said:

tooms said:

I would say the "hint" was that Sylvester didnt die when Maeve cut his throat. Also, Felix used a tool that they use on hosts to repair that cut.

I figured that thing was just designed to repair flesh since that is what the hosts are made of now

I felt it was more likely a hint that humans are more easily manipulated by emotions like fear and compassion - they get what they're born with (or raised with) - hosts can change whatever they like
    voodoorat
  • KingKobra said:

I would say the "hint" was that Sylvester didnt die when Maeve cut his
    throat. Also, Felix used a tool that they use on hosts to repair that
    cut.

I figured that thing was just designed to repair flesh since that is what the hosts are made of now

I
    felt it was more likely a hint that humans are more easily manipulated
    by emotions like fear and compassion - they get what they're born with
    (or raised with) - hosts can change whatever they like

Except their skin isn't real skin—at least if you take Felix at face value when he said every part of Maeve, even the skin on her back, was designed to keep her here. Sure, I suppose it's plausible the dermal regenerator (I see no reason to not just use the pertinent Star Trek) term could work on both, but if that's the case, why the hell wouldn't Felix have immediately moved to heal/save the coworker/friend? he just saw murdered?

The only reasonable explanation for his inaction that I could come up with was that he too was having a break (because he's a host), unable to see/process something that he shouldn't be seeing, so he got stuck. Although even him being a host doesn't make how incredibly stupid giving her host-whisperer superpowers is even remotely plausible. There is no level of blackmail that should lead him reasonably create supervillain host like that since it's not like saving his job matters if she destroys everything
  • TimKTimK Grand Rapids, MI

Another hint was when she made references to their different qualities. Felix has more compassion, and their intelligence is only 14. You could play that both ways since she could be being ironic or sarcastic but it is also the way they talk about the hosts.

I know the line you're referring to and I wondered if that was a hint toward them being hosts at first, but what she actually said was "Even at a 14 you were never a match for me"... it's actually a reference to the fact that she was previously at a 14 before she got them to jack up her stats, and even then she was smarter than Sylvester.
    Vasilnate1
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Did Maeve "play the room" or did she use her jedi mind trick on Felix?

Interesting that we have a host wanting to leave the park and the board trying to smuggle one out at the same time. Also felt a tad too convenient that the one host Charlotte happens to pick is Daddy Abernathy. I mean, maybe cause he's newer to "cold" storage and he's in better shape than the others but still, of all the damn robots you pick the one with a history.
    Elisa
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Whoops, meant to put this in the episode thread....someone needs to bump my bulk perception...ha
    MelonuskBrawn
  • Actually the twist is Jim is the only Non-Host

@jim is the emotionless matermind and actually built @A_Ron_Hubbard and gave him all the humanity and empathy that he could never have himself.ha!
    Melonusk
  • Oh no, we have started fan fiction...it's the end of the show.... :( :p
This discussion has been closed.