The Jinx

HeisenburgerHeisenburger Detroit, Michigan
After listening to the Baldies from last year and hearing Jim and A. Ron's description of The Jinx and its mind-blowing conclusion, I just had to binge watch the series over these last two days. I even got my wife sucked into watching it, and holy crap, were they right! Do yourself a favor and go watch this now. And don't go Googling anything about Durst in the meantime, cause you'll spoil the ending!

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    edited November 2016
    Its seriously awesome. I did the same thing and binged it pretty much. I love documentaries and especially crime documentaries. This one seriously scratched that itch. 

If you are interested, hunt down Capturing the Friedmans its done by the same guys and its really fantastic. 
    Heisenburger
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Agreed, probably one of the biggest 'HOLY SHIT' moments I've had watching television!
    Heisenburger
  • edited November 2016
    Is it worth watching if I know the ending?
  • HeisenburgerHeisenburger Detroit, Michigan

I think so. The ending won't be such a revelation, but Robert Durst is such a strange, creepy person, that it's an interesting watch anyway.
  • Such a captivating and haunting program. I was literally obsessed with researching between episodes. There's a guy who hangs down my local pub who looks like a young Durst, and is very odd like him, and I can't help but wonder what crimes he's secretly committed. LOL
    Heisenburger
  • Yea, it is still worth watching if you know the ending. It's a crazy story
    Heisenburger
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA

Definitely. Half of the greatness is learning about Durst and his story, past, and everything else. 
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited November 2016

I think so. The ending won't be such a revelation, but Robert Durst is such a strange, creepy person, that it's an interesting watch anyway.
    Half of the documentary is realizing what you can get away with if you have good lawyers.  That Galveston murder and trial seems mind blowing unless there's a whole lot they didn't tell us in the documentary.  
This discussion has been closed.