The Random Interesting Stuff Thread

Comments

• edited November 2016
    Elderly woman in a self driving car for the first time
    https://www.facebook.com/eric.cunanan.737/posts/10206590629674956
  • A little holiday cheer from the crew of STTNG.......MAKE IT SO
    https://www.facebook.com/rgullick/posts/10209744552223050
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    This feels like the right thread to share something weird/awesome that I came across today.

I was reading an old online interview with Chrissie Hynde and she was talking about the fact that Lemmy from Motorhead was very instrumental in introducing her to the other founding members of The Pretenders, and I found myself staring at the accompanying photograph of Lemmy thinking something about it was strange, until I realised that the woman captured in the background of the photo, his girlfriend at the time, happened to be my teenage mother some ten years before I came along! Talk about a blast from the past! I knew about their relationship but she hadn't kept any photographs from that time, so it was pretty wild to just come across it on the web out of nowhere!

DeeVasilnate1OldGriswolddarwinfeeshyGredalBee
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @amyja89 Wow! What a spinout!
    amyja89
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    edited December 2016
    @amyja89 that is so awesome!
    amyja89
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Louisiana Beer Reviews:

Stick to the reviews of shitty beers and malt liquors. Fucking hilarious.
  • Read this story and couldn't help but think this sounds like an episode of Northern Exposure, or perhaps, on the darker side, Fargo S4
    North Dakota Bar Owner Pulls Off a Monumental Coup - The Wall Street Journal
    https://apple.news/AxoCg954ARCeAG_x4iXRljg
  • Five Thirty-Eight totally took a poll and ranked the dancers from the Charlie Brown Christmas Special. It is a wonderful exercise in frivolity and it makes me so very happy.
    TaraC73
    @Travis How'd I know ole orange shirt would be number 1? Ha ha. Have to say though, I'm a little disappointed in where Linus ended up on the list.
    Travis
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    @Travis that's awesome. Thanks for sharing it! <3 Charlie Brown is my favorite Christmas special.
    Travis
  • @Freddy I know, right? Orange shirt kid has moves (or perhaps, THE move)! Linus deserved better, I agree, and I am glad that they pointed out Snoopy being overrated for these purposes as well. Personally, I'm all about the kid in green doing the zombie walk, but objectively he's definitely no kid in orange.

@TaraC73 Totally! As soon as I saw that I immediately went everywhere that I could share things and did so. That article made me so happy. Glad you liked it too.
    We were watching last weekend and my 5 year old said her favorite is the zombie walking guy in the back! #5 <3
    Travis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited December 2016
    I know this is really super lame and braggy, and probably completely violates the "interesting" requirement set forth in the title of this thread, but fuck it. I'm really psyched:
    I totally bowled a 300 game last night in my league! Hell yeah!
    amyja89DeeFrakkin Tadobo1148FreddyS. SmithcdriveTaraC73voodooratMichelle
    @Travis Ahh hell, Travis. I've done that on Wii Bowling more times than I can count. Oh wait... You meant in real life!? You dog, you. Ha ha. Seriously though, that's awesome. Can't even imagine what that last throw down the lane felt like.

While we're all bragging about 2016 highlights, I totally broke 80 in golf 3 times this year. 74, 75, and a 79. It was at two different local courses that are pretty easy and I play all the time, but still a full 18 holes played strictly by Rules of Golf.
    TravisTaraC73
  • @Travis that is pretty fantastic and I'm pretty sure the dude in green is doing the running man
    TravisTaraC73
  • @Freddy That's really great man. That's awesome! I tried to golf once and decided it was WAY too hard and I haven't gone back. Breaking 80, much less hitting 74 is amazing dude. Nice! The last toss was a little nerve wracking. Luckily I had a the perfect 2 beer balance going and the edge was nicely taken off. The funny thing, I think Wii bowling is way harder than real bowling. I suck massively at bowling on the Wii. My wife always kicks my ass and thinks it's hilarious.

@joschman Thanks man, and I never considered that. As much as you're probably right, I'm sticking with zombie walk though. Too much foundation built around that head canon.
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    Well done, @Travis and @Freddy and as long as we're bragging, my Xbox gamerscore got north of 30k this year!
    TaraC73Travis
    joschman said:

@Travis that is pretty fantastic and I'm pretty sure the dude in green is doing the running man

Was the running man a thing in 1964? Lol!
    Travis
  • @Frakkin T Thanks man! I apologize and I'm sad to say that I have no frame of reference for the gamerscore, but 30k sounds really high. It seems like after the N64 video games just got too hard for me (this is the main area of my life where I totally turn into the sort of 90 year old dude who doesn't quite grasp the internet). That's awesome man!
    Frakkin T
  • Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    edited December 2016
    Wow Netflix totally gets me?, because I watched "The Hunt for Bin Laden" Netflix suggests "Beethoven's Christmas Adventure" and "Animal House"  thats an amazing algorithm? 

TravisMichelle
  • I saw on Twitter that this dude named Sean Lahey asked his 3 year old daughter to guess the names of professional wrestlers from the 80s and 90s. The result is magical.
    There is another one where, among others, the guess at The Ultimate Warrior is "Sausage Elsa" and the Road Warriors are "Angry Tomatoes"
    Vasilnate1DeeTaraC73Michellehisdudeness915cdrive
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited January 2017
    Even parakeets like Star Wars!

mathew
  • edited January 2017
    I would watch wayyy more music videos if they were like this 

(slightly nsfw)

TravisFreddyMichelleNoel
    I'll just leave this here... if the forum supported emojis I would insert hearts for eyes and laughing crying! ROFLMFAO

edited January 2017
    @darwinfeeshy That might be my new favorite rap video.

Now for something slightly less interesting, but infinitely funnier (and definitely not safe for work):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxHngEGuXRA
  • mathewmathew Adelaide Australia

Gandhi was afraid of the dark ....... 

Travis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited February 2017
    I know this is totally old hat, but I remember when I first heard the "Arnold Schwarzenegger Calls (...)" audio clips back in the Napster days and they (at least the handful of really good ones) really cracked me up and it turns out one of my favorites is on youtube. I think my favorite part is when he drops the "My CPU is a neuro-net processor, a learning computer" and her response is the perfect "...ok..." Anyhoo, if you haven't heard it before, enjoy.