Top 5 X-Files Episodes

Hi Everybody.

Given the good news about the X-Files coming back for a limited run, and a lot of people talking about re-watching on the other thread I thought I would ask: What are your top 5 favorite X-Files episodes?

I'm going to give it a little thought before tossing mine out, but have at it!

Comments

• TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Never saw a single episode! :o
    I love seeing how excited everyone is about it coming back though!
    Travis
  • ArctorArctor The Netherlands
    edited March 2015
    1. s04e02 - Home (about the incest family)
    2. s07e21 - Je Souhaite (about the wish granting genie)
    3. s06e21 - Field Trip (about the mushroom trip)
    4. s01e01 - Pilot (introduction of characters and the alien conspiracy)
    5. s07e12 - X-Cops (the cops episode)

This list is in no real particular order, I wouldn't be able to arrange it to how much I like them. These are just the episodes I remember the most.
    Travis[Deleted User]
  • I tend to forget about Field Trip. That one is really, really good. I'm glad you brought it up. May make my list as well, but I probably would have forgotten.
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited March 2015

I may amend this, but for now:

1. War of the Coprophages (killer cockroaches!)

2. Jose Chung's From Outer Space (note: The Millennium Jose Chung episode is totally amazing too)

3. Triangle

4. Bad Blood

5. Hollywood AD (if nothing else for the scene where Garry Shandling and Tea Leoni meet and size up Mulder and Scully. Totally hilarious)

A few honorable mentions: Pilot, Home, Post Modern Prometheus, the Unnatural, Die Hand die verletzt, How the Ghosts Stole Christmas, Field Trip, Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose, and about 20 others. As difficult as I thought this was going to be it was even harder than I thought.

• No particular order

1. Pusher(Gilligan's 1st EP)(3x17)
    2. Squeeze(1x4)
    3. Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose(3x4)
    4. X-Cops(7x12)
    5. Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man(4x7)

A few others that blew my mind:

Unrequited(4x16), Drive(6x2) - i believe this is where Gilligan and Cranston first met. I could be mistaken. Leanord Betts(4x14)

And like @Travis said like 20 others. I could go on forever listing them.

Great thread @Travis
  • Thanks @Jovial_Falcon. I almost brought up Musings too. That's a great one. I also need to rewatch Drive. I remember that one being really good, but it's been a really long time.

"Cerulian blue is a gentle breeze"

[Deleted User]
  • ArctorArctor The Netherlands
    When this thread is more fleshed out you should put all of the lists together in a poll-thread and have people vote. That way we get a nice "Bald Move Top X-Files Episodes" list.
    Travis[Deleted User]