Life is Strange

Comments

• I hope the last episode is out soon! Bladmove playthrough's never fail to be hilarious!
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    It's either at the top or near the top of our "things to do in our free time slots".  I personally can't wait to finish it, and am intrigued by the prosepect of the TV show.
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    @A_Ron_Hubbard have you read anything about the new Batman Telltale game?  It apparently has a crowd source vote feature.  So you could essentially do a live stream, and anyone watching can log onto the telltale website, enter a code you give them, and the audience gets to vote on the decisions made.  

The only issue I have heard is that most streaming sites like Twitch have about a minute of delay as it encodes the video.  Not sure what kind of delay your video solution uses, but if its feasible these telltale games would be even more awesome video content.  Apparantly Telltale plans to implement this on all future games.  
    MelonuskMichelle
    That is fucking cool. I thing hangouts (a d YouTube Live Events, which is what we're moving to) the delay is less than five seconds, so it would work well. I'd love that, just react to the choices, it would be fun to improvise.
    Michelle
  • ClaretoClareto New Zealand
    The anticipation is killing me lol
    Melonusk
  • Life is Strange in very early production for TV.

I'm actually kinda excited for this; depending on where it gets picked up, it could either be done extremely well or it will get tremendously fucked up.  Don't think there's much middle ground there.
    Melonusk
  • Are they ever gonna release episode 5 or did I miss it?
  • They are going to... eventually... hopefully. I think it's definitely in their plans, plus apparently they want to do a bit more gaming moving forward. 
  • *cough cough* Episode 5 *cough cough*
    We actually recorded it before Thanksgiving, but because of our switching video stuff the audio was really bad in places. We're considering just redoing it.
  • We actually recorded it before Thanksgiving, but because of our switching video stuff the audio was really bad in places. We're considering just redoing it.

Looking forward to it, either way!  Really curious to see what final choice was made...
  • C0915C0915 New Hampshire
    Sorry to hear that the audio/video got shitty during certain spots.  I too have been waiting with anticipation for your Episode 5 play through.  I watched someone else play through it, and it's "hella" trippy.  I can't wait to see your reactions.  Thanks.
    We're going to try to record another session this week or next, but either way, I am pretty confident that we'll get it out before end of January.
    MichelleDoubleA_RonceburaskaMelonuskC0915
  • Hella cool.
    ceburaskaMelonusk
  • ClaretoClareto New Zealand
    Been binge watching the past four episodes waiting for the final part to come out lol. Any updates?
    C0915
  • C0915C0915 New Hampshire
    Hey guys, I know you're hella busy right now, but I hope you will find time to upload your play of episode 5 soon.  Thanks!
    Yeah, we are aware, haha.  It's on the on deck list each week, and each week it gets bumped because of us running down an issue with the new wiring and studio gear.  We'll get there.

Also, we have the video out to a person who has some audio processing skills, if we can salvage the original then obviously we'll be good to go.  I'm skeptical, but I've seen people with the right software and skillset work magic.
    Brawn
  • ceburaskaceburaska London, England, United Kingdom, European Union (but not for long)
    edited February 2017
    @A_Ron_Hubbard Thanks for the update, please ignore my LWJ&A question.....until the next week...
  • I randomly came across this game about a month ago, hadn't played many games in ages but was looking for a decent story. Dialogue aside I loved it and it stayed with me after finishing it. Had no idea you guys had covered it! Also never thought I'd really enjoy a couple of hours of watching two fully grown men play a video game about teenage girls. Life really is strange.

A_Ron_Hubbardceburaska
    Yeah, me too!  We figured it was a trolly kind of commission, until we started playing it and got hooked in despite the awkward dialog and teenage girl aspect of the setup.  It's a really well conceived adventure game that I think would be good for actual teens to play, but I could also see a lot of it being cringe inducing for them.
    FreddyMichelle
  • Hella cringe! 

Heard a rumour they want to make a TV show of this game. If they do, they need to have a character say hella once and quickly get killed. 

[Deleted User]
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited March 2017
    And the award for best "Summ people joust waunt to wouch the world buurn" goes to Jim Jones. Had me rolling.
  • I'm glad you decided to redo Episode 5 of Life Is Strange after the audio problems you had.  I really liked the game, and it was fun seeing what choices you made.  I really agreed with A Ron on the last choice, and I made the same choice in my play through.  They're working on a sequel, but will have different characters and a different location.   If you liked Life Is Strange, you might consider playing Grim Fandango. It's an old story based point and click adventure. A remastered version is on steam.  
  • ceburaskaceburaska London, England, United Kingdom, European Union (but not for long)
    Thanks so much for releasing this, seven years later, we've all aged a lot. Although stone'n'bone Clem is my all time favourite, this is the first game I've actually contemplated playing. If I can get a pc version that is.
    Although I agree the choice to sacrifice Arcadia is the most appropriate, I was a bit disappointed at the result, it should have been more impactful, e.g. seeing dead bodies of Joyce and any other sympathetic characters (were there any?). I wonder what the montage is if you sacrifice Chloe.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    @ceburaska It's just one clip of her step dad yelling "woohoo!!!!"
    ceburaska
  • UnderwoodUnderwood Philadelphia, PA
    *the camera pans over to someone recently shot in the head*

Jim - wow got him right in his head

A Ron - that would be fucking wild.

Maybe I'm just fucked up, but that had me laughing way too hard. 
  • FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY
    Great work guys. I wish i could have had a few more Hellas in the video. I got a Fever and the only cure is more J&A saying Hella
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Excellent final episode. Thanks guys. :)
    Freddy
    I feel like there was a lot more hella commentary in the first take.  Because I certainly remember that being away from Chloe that long the hella quotient dropped precipitously, and it was remarked upon the first time a hella dropped.  I feel like mostly the second playthrough was better though.  We had been long enough where we forgot specifics, but not long enough that we struggled with some of the puzzles.  Trying to free ourselves from that fucker Jefferson the first go around was ROUGH.  And finding the right code number in the nightmare bathroom took us like 20 minutes too.  That whole nightmare sequence just took forever to get through in general the first time. 
    FernNYC17FreddyMichelle
  • GrahamGraham Grand Rapids, MI
    Any chance we'll be able to see the rough version in the future? Just so we can get the full struggling experience. That sounded weird.
    FernNYC17
This discussion has been closed.