Breaking Bad Movie

http://mashable.com/2017/03/13/breaking-bad-movie-cut/?utm_cid=hp-n-1#vmVcQc_8hqqM

Someone made a 2 hour "movie" from the series highlights.  I watched 10 minutes so far  and hope to watch the rest tomorrow during the east coast snow storm. The transitions from one scene to another one are rough but it looks like a fun way to re-live the highlights of the series without having to re-watch the entire series due to not having 60+ spare hours to watch it again.  Breaking Bad is definitely in my top 5 all time favorite TV shows.

Comments

• Wahl-eWahl-e Seattle
    Direct link: 
  • Wahl-eWahl-e Seattle
    Overall, I loved this recap of the series. Some thoughts:

• The relationship with Jesse is really underplayed. This makes me think that someone unfamiliar with Breaking Bad would have a hard time following the plot. I'd be interested to see what a brand new viewer would make of the plot. from this shortened version. I'd also be interested to know why the editors made the decision to cut out Jesse so much. He really is the catalyst for the story, and helps to smooth out a lot of the plot. That moment of him driving away really represents the climax of the series for me. 
    • I was generally on Walt's side for the most part throughout the series (a Walt apologist, if you will), but this recap really does paint him as a master villain, almost from the start. It definitely helped change my view in that regard.
    MonicaTaraC73
  • ClaretoClareto New Zealand
    Watched about an hour of it. It's definitely not for someone who hasn't watched the show already, the jumps between scenes are a little dodgy and random, but for a fan i'm sure its a good way to relive moments without watching the whole show.
    Monica
  • I think it would have made a pretty rubbish film. Just as long books don't make decent films.  The time with Walt and Jessie and the slow descent into the criminal life, the way the scale of it ramps up each season until you can barely remember who he was in episode 1, that's the magic of it. Rushing it really takes something away from it.  Even rewatching when all the episodes are available I found a lesser experience.  I've watched it with people who are viewing for the first time, but doing that over a month or two isn't the same as watching for 5 years, having the character in your life that long, the wait between seasons and of course, listening to podcasts between each episode. 

For me that's partly why TV is far more interesting than film now. Shared experience and debate over what will happen next, what was good/bad in a particular episode.
    Monica
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I'm really excited to watch this.  I talked to Jim about it this morning, he'd seen the first 15 minutes and then shut it off because he felt it didn't even come close to capturing what made BrBa special.  I of course have to see for myself.  Might spin a Bald Move TV out of it.
    Monica
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Thursdays are dreadful at work. I drive a medical taxi, and I have a list of stat runs which means I am by myself with no passengers to chat with ( I'll be taking lab stuff from one lab to another)... I plan to watch it then. (And by watch I mean listen, of course!) I heard it's rather dry but I am all caught up on my podcasts so this will be a fun thing to listen to!
    Monica
  • Can't wait!
  • I figured that's the way it would have to go.  There wasn't much else to do in the main Breaking Bad timeline aside from checking in on Jesse.  Think he gets back into the meth game?  Does he lose another girlfriend?
  • Just announced today. The Breaking Bad movie is called El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie, and it's coming to Netflix in October. 

Yeah, bitch.
    JoshuaHeterNoel
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    here's the first clip with teaser art..

Image result for Netflix Reveals Breaking Bad Movie Release Date First Clip
    RyanReesemancdriveJoshuaHeterHatorianNoel
  • Sort of unbelievable to think a movie this big and with this much anticipation could be kept secret for so long. Especially in this day and age of social media where nothing can be kept secret. Credit to Vince and the staff. Can’t wait for Oct 11.
    JoshuaHeter
  • ... I guess I’ll check it out.
    ChinaskiFlukes
  • This seems like a really bad idea, but I'm happy to see skinny pete getting work.
    Murderbearken hale
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    @Lingus1 Closed your topic since we already had one. Join in on the fun here!
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    This seems like a really bad idea, but I'm happy to see skinny pete getting work.
    That was my initial reaction, until I reminded myself that that was exactly how I felt about Better Call Saul. And that is probably my favorite show currently on TV. 
  • Jesse knowing the recipe for the meth and being hunted for it by all the different gangs with the cops wanting to lock him up could be interesting. Do you think skinny pete stayed clean with all the money, did he invest it or did the cops confiscate it.
  • This seems like a really bad idea, but I'm happy to see skinny pete getting work.
    That was my initial reaction, until I reminded myself that that was exactly how I felt about Better Call Saul. And that is probably my favorite show currently on TV. 
    I'd probably agree with you a season or two into BCS, but it feels like it's losing its purpose anymore and I wonder how much more they can squeeze out of that world without cheapening it.
    Doctor_Nick
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    This seems like a really bad idea, but I'm happy to see skinny pete getting work.
    I'd probably agree with you a season or two into BCS, but it feels like it's losing its purpose anymore and I wonder how much more they can squeeze out of that world without cheapening it.
    Yeah, one of my biggest problems with BCS is that every time they throw in a cameo, it seems to make the world smaller. I am quickly losing my patience with the cartel stuff. I am mostly interested in Jimmy plot. But the Villigang loves their cartel story lines. The points that are shining the brightest for me are when we see the tendrils to how things are connecting. For example, the opening this past season with Saul tearing apart his office and getting ready to go on the run. That stuff is super intriguing. Watching the cousins do their thing? Much less so, in my opinion. 
    johnnytruant
  • Yeah, the payoff with Kim will be be big, and I would really like to see post Breaking Bad Gene as well.....
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    I love BCS but that last season really disappointed. Then I learned Vince Gillian wasn’t involved because he was making the Breaking Bad movie. Now that it’s done will he go back to BCS? And will it be great again?
  • From Netflix a few hours ago...

https://youtu.be/ozYbqDiXT3I

Literally no new footage, just a reminder that Jesse will be dealing with a fair amount of PTSD in El Camino.
    MurderbearChinaski
    Damn. Surprisingly emotional montage. That was fantastic.
    JoshuaHeter
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Damn. Surprisingly emotional montage. That was fantastic.
    i was thinking the same. makes me wanna do a re-watch of the last several episodes before the movie comes out.
    JoshuaHeterMurderbear
    I was thinking of rewatching the last season. How much time do I have?
  • I was thinking of rewatching the last season. How much time do I have?
    Assuming you mean the last 16 episodes (i.e. what some call 5-A and 5-B), if you start now, you’d only have to average about one episode every other day until the movie drops.

Do it. You want this.
    Murderbear
    Sebastopol?
    Deepfakes are incredibly scary to me as we go because of the potential for them to be used to manipulate the media and the public. This rules though.