704 - "Spoilers (ha) of War"

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    Can I just say one thing?

HELL. YEAH.
    CCKingKobracdriveStephen
  • KingKobra said:

@treerocks tha was season one epsisode one ;)

@KingKobra

What would I do without you ;)
  • @KingKobra

Do you know the backstory of the valareon steel dagger, Littlefinger gave to Bran, who gave it to Ayra.

I can't recall the exact words, but Sansa said something about the dagger starting it all. Was that the dagger that killed her father?
  • edited August 2017
    treerocks said:

gguenot said:

Sansa while watching Arya spat with Brienne "what the fuck happened to my siblings?"

Their reunion seemed pretty good, until after watching Ayra and Breeane duel, you think Sansa would have a better reaction than just turning away and walking off. Maybe a look of surprise or awe, or confusion as to how the heck did my little sister do that?! Instead she seemed annoyed. Maybe, jealousy? Sansa wants to prove her leadership and then here comes her little sister killing it with Breeane.

Sansa also might have been jealous of Ayra's reunion with Bran. Bran didn't voice some horrible moment from Ayra's past, he also handed her the valarean steel dagger. Speaking of which how was that dagger the thing that started up everything? I'm curious how it got in littlefinger's hands
    It's been awhile, but Joffrey hired the assassin to kill Bran with the dagger (which previously belonged to Littlefinger who lost it in a bet to Robert). After the failed attempt Catelyn had the dagger, which she asked asked Littlefinger about. He knowingly placed the blame on Tyrion, manipulating Catelyn into taking Tyrion hostage, which basically started the war between the Starks and Lannisters. Littlefinger than played both sides until he could determine which side would provide him the most benefit, resulting in his betrayal of Ned and being named Lord of Harrenhal.

Basically that dagger which belonged to Littlefinger was what caused the entire war. In fact if you could blame one person for everything that happened to house Stark, or the realm in general, you would have to pick Littlefinger. 

I can't remember where the dagger ends up after Catelyn asks Littlefinger about it, but more than likely she gave it back to him which is why he is in possession of it now. 
    [Deleted User]KingKobracdrive
  • Well
    Dickon Tarly proved he was not a Dick Entirely (Insert british accent for best effect) by saving Jamie.
    Either Arya is the waif or she was holding back in all those fight scenes, cause she kicked Brienne's ASS even after Brienne stopped playing with the young lady of Winterfell. Since getting fucked up by the Waif, the only people she had fought are the Frey's; and Jamie could have laid waste to them one handed (haha). 

What a MONSTROUS episode! DAMN! Drogon Burnin down the house! There went the whole season's budget; and we still haven't seen GHOST yet. Last season we lost him to Won Won, this season it looks like we have Drogon but no Ghost.

And I did notice, Jon Showed Dany some cute cave paintings in a dark cave, but not the Lord's Kiss. Then again he would have had to bend the knee to give that to her, and she woulda been like, Ha I knew you would bend the knee!
  • edited August 2017
    It was pretty clearly stated by Lord Tarly before the attack that the gold was safely in Kings Landing, right?  Seems like the guys and a few others missed this?
    voodooratmanhattnik
  • @ggalasso@gmail.com

Thanks for the info for the dagger :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Drogon making his own version of the Iraqi Highway of Death.
    Thomas
  • CC said:

What do those two symbols in the cave mean?  They were always together, I think we saw them in the flashback and the inside the Thrones mentions how white walkers have arranged both symbols before.  ??? Are they like Andal for ice and fire?? 

Maybe one refers to the first men and one refers to the children of the forest? just a guess I had when seeing them over and over on the cave walls.
    [Deleted User]CC
  • edited August 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    Okay, who's creepier? Littlefinger? Or Dr. Branhattan?
    cdriveStephen
  • treerocks said:

gguenot said:

Sansa while watching Arya spat with Brienne "what the fuck happened to my siblings?"

Their reunion seemed pretty good, until after watching Ayra and Breeane duel, you think Sansa would have a better reaction than just turning away and walking off. Maybe a look of surprise or awe, or confusion as to how the heck did my little sister do that?! Instead she seemed annoyed. Maybe, jealousy? Sansa wants to prove her leadership and then here comes her little sister killing it with Breeane.

Sansa also might have been jealous of Ayra's reunion with Bran. Bran didn't voice some horrible moment from Ayra's past, he also handed her the valarean steel dagger. Speaking of which how was that dagger the thing that started up everything? I'm curious how it got in littlefinger's hands
    She did smile (at the beginning), it was slight and you may have missed it, but it was there. At the end though, I think she's realizing just how much Arya has changed, she's not that little girl she remembers. That added to finding out "the list" is real and that most are dead, just added to the dread. She's also trying to prepare a large population for something, so a minute of joy and "back to business". She can't take her mind off the mission at hand, not to mention she has little finger nipping at her heals at all times of day. Brienne was supposed to be this super bad ass guard, yet her sister (little sister) just beat her. I'm not so sure "joy" is what I'd be feeling personally.
    [Deleted User]
  • Okay, who's creepier? Littlefinger? Or Dr. Branhattan?

Branhattan dosent have anything on Littlefinger. Littlefinger will almost always win out ;)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • So, I was thinking ahead, wondering, if at least one dragon lives to the showdown with the army of the dead, how will it not be a total blowout?

I can't believe I forgot about this :-(

manhattnikcdriveCC
  • My mind won't stop--is the Braavosi banker Jaquen Ha'Ghar?! I was starting to think it was Arya until she showed up at Winterfell, but it still bothered me how ass-kissy the banker was being. Faceless men everywhere!

• Bronn- Who says he's still alive? Are we totally sure it was him who knocked Jaime off his horse into the water? And if so, wouldn't Bronn have had to travel right in the path of the dragon to do that? Or could it have been Dickon? (jk) I think it's entirely possible that Bronn is a soggy piece of roast beef floating away on the tide at the moment. 

If Bronn dies in the blast, then who is going to save Jaime from drowning? It's pretty likely that both of them end up surviving, although realistically neither should be alive. 

Although, Dickon does seem like a good dude. :) I loved the part about shitting, it goes all the way back to S1 when King Robert talks about his first kill and how no one ever tells you about the shitting part. 
  • DoubleTDoubleT Melbourne, Australia
    edited August 2017
    Alkaid13 said:

So, acting under the assumption Jamie doesn't just drown, next episode I assume Team Dany fishes him out. That should be a fun family reunion.

&...maybe a reunion between Tyrion & Bron!
  • Anyone else think the soundtrack sounds likea bit of rip of Hans Zimmers dark knight?
  • - Dany and Jon's first date.  And in my head I hear a song swell, "I can show you the world, shinning simmering splendid..."

- Zig-zag Drogon! Zig-zag! smh

- When Dany and Jon walked out of the cave shoulder to shoulder, I was hoping they were holding hands.

- To paraphrase a keychain quote, I think Littlefinger is smiling/smirking becuase he has no idea what's really going on. 

- I really think Davos is hitting on Missandei. 

- Last episode Dany was checking out Jon's butt, but it was covered by his cloak, apparently Davos noticed Jon checking out Dany's...ahem, her good heart?

davemcb
  • edited August 2017

I think there were some nice mirrors like Aryas list joke that got revealed by Bran to be real. Brienne fullfilling her vow to Catelyn/Jaime got my eyes a little watery, too.

Arya against Brienne was Valyrian Steel against Valyrian steel, I liked it. That Bran refers to himself as a cripple sounded like bitterness to me, I am not sure that with the memories of climbing the surroundings Winterfell is a healthy place for him.  If they want to get real creepy with Bran they should have him narrate alternative timelines like it would have been better you didn't kill Ramsey, he would have saved Jon. Sorry Sansa.

I could easily imagine a situation where Littlefinger is accused by lets say the hound considering Ned and then saved by Bran if he claims that he might be important for the endgame. That would be a nice Twist and show that Bran is not a Stark anymore or someone cares about human justice.  

If Jaime gets taken prisoner it would be a good Chance for him and Tyrion to hash it out, Dany would have also aquired a Valyrian blade she could give to Jon since it was part of ice. The title of the Episode could have also been (Almost) kissed by fire  :-)

• davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    I also liked the line from Sansa in the crypt about how happy John was to see her but when he sees Arya his heart will stop. A joke on him being John Snow Jesus or foreshadowing?
  • manhattnikmanhattnik the big apple
    Pretty sure it was Bronn who saved Jaime. When we last see Bronn for sure, he's lying in the mud after surviving Drogon's attack on the Scorpion and its aftermath. Bronn looks up, and sees a riderless white horse.

Whoever it is who knocks Jaime away from Drogon, he's definitely on a white horse. Either it's Bronn, or it's a pretty blatant fake out by the writers.
  • manhattnikmanhattnik the big apple
    And let's not forget "fewer."
    Underwood
  • JohnsnowJohnsnow Adelaide, South Australia
    Loved the episode. It felt like it lasted 5 minutes. I hope Jamie survives. I can't believe I hated him so much in season 1.
  • Pretty sure it was Bronn who saved Jaime. When we last see Bronn for sure, he's lying in the mud after surviving Drogon's attack on the Scorpion and its aftermath. Bronn looks up, and sees a riderless white horse.

Whoever it is who knocks Jaime away from Drogon, he's definitely on a white horse. Either it's Bronn, or it's a pretty blatant fake out by the writers.

I watched the end several times and came to the same conclusion. The person jumping from the horse is wearing leather, not plate armour like Rickard, erm Dickon. Bronn might be able to move well enough under water to save Jamie, at least I hope he doesn't meet his end that way.
    KingKobramanhattnik
  • LannitikLannitik Milwaukee

treerocks said:

gguenot said:

It's been awhile, but Joffrey hired the assassin to kill Bran with the dagger (which previously belonged to Littlefinger who lost it in a bet to Robert). After the failed attempt Catelyn had the dagger, which she asked asked Littlefinger about. He knowingly placed the blame on Tyrion, manipulating Catelyn into taking Tyrion hostage, which basically started the war between the Starks and Lannisters. Littlefinger than played both sides until he could determine which side would provide him the most benefit, resulting in his betrayal of Ned and being named Lord of Harrenhal.

Basically that dagger which belonged to Littlefinger was what caused the entire war. In fact if you could blame one person for everything that happened to house Stark, or the realm in general, you would have to pick Littlefinger. 

I can't remember where the dagger ends up after Catelyn asks Littlefinger about it, but more than likely she gave it back to him which is why he is in possession of it now. 

That's not really true. It gets Cat moving BUT Ned being killed is what started the war of 5 kings. 
    If Ned would have been released it's most likely he goes to the wall, the North goes home pissed but they go home. 
    If we are blaming a blade, in the long run Ice started the war, as that's what killed Ned. 
    Joffrey asking for Ned's head. 

• So random thoughts:

Loved how Bronn reacted when hearing Dickon's name (considering all the jokes about his name that people have made).  Bronn was the internet there.

We knew that Arya was a little badass before, but now, damn!  She held her own with Brienne even after it looked like Brienne said "screw it, i'm not holding back anymore".

It would have been funny if Dany accusing Jon of making the drawings himself.  Although, I didn't see the "bend the knee" line coming from her but it was a nice touch.  The problem is, Dany just can't abandon her conquest of Westeros/King's Landing, even if Jon is entirely right.  She has to attack King's Landing and reclaim it before she can go North.  Just one of those things that she has to do.  Only if Cersei said, "yeah, we need to kill the WW so let's forego our battle for the moment and go fight the real enemy".  But that would never happen.

Funny how Bran did hug Arya but not Sansa.  Also funny that initially, Arya didn't hug Sansa.  Only after they did a secong hug, did Arya put her arm(s) around Sansa.  But one thing I thought was that Bran and Arya were probably closer than Arya and Sansa and so I could rationalize him being happier to see Arya than he was Sansa.  But clearly, Bran gave Arya the dagger for a reason.  At this point in time, Bran doesn't do something without a reason.  Also, found the whole Meera leaving scene to be very funny with how Bran was responding and her reactions to it.  But she ultimately nailed it, Brandon Stark did die in that cave and now he is the 3ER.

And whoever started the thread about what would happen if Jon sees Theon again, well, I guess we got our answer there as well.  I know I was very curious because on the one hand, Theon did help save Sansa but on the other, the whole betrayal of Rob thing and trying to kill Bran and Rickon.  Plus, I'm guessing that Jon and Theon weren't exactly the best of friends growing up.

Lastly, I got to believe that Jamie does not die here (although the way the ended with silent ending had me slightly concerned) but if that's the way Jamie dies, then I'll be annoyed.  Think he's still got more to do.  Plus, would love to see how he interacts with Dany since Jamie did kill her father.  Then, we have the Jamie-Tyrion interactions and if Tyrion would see fit that he needs to help Jamie escape the same way that Jamie helped Tyrion escape.  So, i'm rooting for Dany's troops to fish Jamie out.  As for the scorpion, it was interesting to see how they incorporated this and answered the question about how quickly it takes to reload it.  Now just have to wonder how many of these Cersei has.  Because unless King's Landing is filled with them, they've kind of given away their secret weapon.  Dany and her army will know these things exist and will probably strategize on how to deal with this.  So unless King's Landing has like 1,000 of these that can block out the sun, I think Cersei still has a major problem (plus Dany has 3 dragons, so they can easily team up and destroy these, or just fly directly above them and burn them directly going down as we saw the thing rotate 360 degrees horizontally, but not vertically as well).

This discussion has been closed.