705- Eastwatch

gguenotgguenot CA
edited August 2017 in Game of Thrones
Sorry didn't see this yet and we're 15 mins out!

Directed by: Matt Shakman
Written by : George RR Martin (ha jk, he doesn't write anymore) Double Ds wrote it
Vasilnate1hidigidy42

Comments

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Thanks, I was just on my way! Carry on!
    gguenot
  • Ship it!...and last week was all Dragon, so this week I'm expeting tits!

DummygguenotdavemcbMichelleGredalBeedarwinfeeshyCarrieShevs
  • Ship it!...and last week was all Dragon, so this week I'm expeting tits!

That's the face of " I really want to fuck, but I know you're my nephew"
    Vasilnate1MichellepoorfoolCarrieShevs
  • So if and when the wall comes down (it probably has to at some point yeah?) what'll they do for the intro?
    SlytherinSister
  • Oh you cockblocker, Jorah!
    MichelleRedmason55@att.netZandraElisapoorfool
  • "Thought you might still be rowing" 

Trolled by the muthafuckin' Onion Knight
    gguenotMichelleLannitikhidigidy42KingKobraDoctor_Nickrockalittle85musicanysElisa
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Who's this "Ragger" fella?  HA!
    SlytherinSisterdarwinfeeshyMichelleElisapoorfool
  • This episode was like wish fulfillment.
    gguenotMichellehidigidy42
  • gguenotgguenot CA
    edited August 2017
    Half of bottle of wine deep so:

1. I give this episode a 10/10. For fun. For development. For shock. This episode may not have been action packed but it was important. I laughed, gasped, and was on the edge of my seat. As far as TV goes it was excellent

2. There are some holes like how Jamie got out of the water without being captured and how quickly the north wants to turn on Jon but imo it didn't distract from the episode.

3. Gendry with the hammer! (Eludion to Robert Baratheon wielding his hammer in the war

4. The facial expressions in this episode had me cracking up! Jon jealous of Jorah. Cersie's silence when Jaime told her she met with Tyrion. Sam when Gilly was talking about the steps in the citadel.

Excellent episode

(This was written before any Eastwatch development )

Edit:

Ohhhh shitttttt Jon, Jorah, Gendry, Davos, Tormund, the HOUND all at the wall?!
    Michelle[Deleted User]Hatorianbudesignsphoenyx1023poorfool
  • I liked it. Things are starting to get a liiiiittle hokey. But I like it.
    GredalBeehidigidy42
  • The Gendry has landed!!!!!!!! I like how he rocks a warhammer just like his father.

Also, we've got: Thoros, Berric, The Hound, Jon, Gendry, and Jorah going north.

If that's not a wight-slaying dream team, I don't know what is.
    Michellebudesigns
  • TopKnotTopKnot Texas
    edited August 2017
    Gilly discovers that Jon is not a bastard Targ.  He is a MFing true born Targ.  I love how they just skipped right past it.  Sam didn't even acknowledge it.  I know they will come back to it but it was just too perfect.  
    darwinfeeshyalexander.klassenAlkaid13weeniegirlMichellehidigidy42budesignsKingKobraDoctor_NickGarRoweand 1 other.
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited August 2017
    That was a really fun episode, which is not what I thought I'd say about it beforehand. If they can't be as tightly plotted without a full book to reference I prefer it this way with cool, impactful, or narratively satisfactory things happening. This season has worked surprisingly well for me despite my pre-season worries.
    [Deleted User]hidigidy42DaveyMacgguenotDtaxter11
  • There is approximately a 0% chance that they will all make it back, but which ones don't? Gendry, Beric, and Thoros are the likely choices, but I think Davos is a dark horse candidate as well.  Can't wait for next week. 
    Elisa
  • TopKnot said:

Gilly discovers that Jon is not a bastard Targ.  He is a MFing true born Targ.  I love how they just skipped right past it.  Sam didn't even acknowledge it.  I know they will come back to it but it was just too perfect.  

This also means his right to the throne supersedes Danys.

Plus she mad as fuck.
    Elisa
  • Dummy said:

There is approximately a 0% chance that they will all make it back, but which ones don't? Gendry, Beric, and Thoros are the likely choices, but I think Davos is a dark horse candidate as well.  Can't wait for next week. 

Gendrys gotta make it back for the Jon Snow/Gendry buddy cop spin off.
    MichelleRedmason55@att.netmusicanyspoorfool
  • OldGriswoldOldGriswold Brooklyn
    edited August 2017
    Eugh. Hated this. Probably my least-liked episode since season 5.

Swimming one-handed in plate mail? Easy peasy.
    Jon can just stroke a dragons face now and not shit his pants?
    Cersei's pregnancy, wtf? She's about 50.
    Gendry's return... Why? So Davos isn't bored in kings landing. FANTASTIC. Oh wait he's also Robert incarnate!
    The fucking fellowship of Eastwatch.
    Jorah looks like he just got a chemical peel and it's done him the world of good.
    Arya being a dumbass shit.
    Lets capture a white walkers and show Cersei's even though we don't need her to believe us if Dany comes with her dragons

I could go on but this bullcrap can be summed up in one word.

HOLLYWOOD.
    LannitikBvazvoodooratJaimieTaberry89GarRowewasiwebswingerElisa
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    Wait, an annulment? For the crown prince? That no one knew about? Rhaegar set aside his wife and children for Lyanna? On what basis, because they sure as hell consummated the marriage. I don't know what to make of that.

OTOH, GENDRY!!! I'm very happy about that. Less happy that Gendry did not see the importance of mentioning that he had rollicking adventures with Jon's sister, Arya, who saved his life a couple of times. Bullshit.

Maisie knocked out her silent acting scenes, and for once I enjoyed a Cersei and Jaime scene. I even thought Emilia Clarke was good in the Painted Table scene, even if the romance between her and Jon is super rushed.

I enjoyed it okay, but the writing for this episode felt very televisionesque, less Game of Thronesesque.
    webswingerElisa
  • Bump...
    Loved it
  • mtron32mtron32 San Diego

Eugh. Hated this. Probably my least-liked episode since season 5.

Gendry's return... Why? So Davis isn't bored in kings landing. FANTASTIC. Oh wait he's also Robert incarnate!
    Jorah looks like he just got a chemical peel and it's done him the world of good.
    Lets capture a white walkers and show Cersei's even though we don't need her to believe us if Dany comes with her dragons

HOLLYWOOD.

I can't disagree with anything you said, this show just slid into walking dead territory with this latest episode. Bring a walker back? That's a stupid ducking plan, just assassinate cersei and move on the north
    Elisa
  • LannitikLannitik Milwaukee
    When Jim and A.Ron come on this week and say "What can I say, I loved it" we know they are officially paid by HBO... 

My GOD has this show taken a turn for the worst. 
    "Hey so I was watching Walking Dead a couple weeks ago, they trapped a walker, lets do that" 

Are they serious right now? 

I loved Gendry showing up and ready to do some shit, I loved the most important info to date "yeah they got divorced" but my goodness this plot...

GredalBeevoodooratElisa
  • Dammit, Jim and Aron are affirming all the issues I was trying to hand wave.
  • By By Jon Snow.  Hello Jonny Targaryen! OD(Original Dragon) whats an annulment? haha
    Elisa
  • MichelleMichelle California
    "This is Gendry."
    "He'll do."

LOL

darwinfeeshybudesignsKingKobraElisa
  • MevalleMevalle Crown Point, IN
    edited August 2017
    Gendry was the best part of that episode. It was like watching a young Robert Baratheon with his warhammer alongside Ned Stark. So happy about that scene that I cried a little!
    GredalBee
  • Who thinks Cersi made up her pregnancy when she found out Tyrian and Jamie were meeting? What better than a little baby to draw Jamie back into a suicide mission, she may think she can trick Danny but Jamie has seen those dragons.

Where was Euron? Cersi didn't mention him, just money to buy an army. Although maybe I missed it.
  • By By Jon Snow.  Hello Jonny Targaryen! OD(Original Dragon) whats an annulment? haha

They should have used animatronics for this scene. The dragon touching was a little rough.
    Vasilnate1
  • TopKnot said:

This also means his right to the throne supersedes Danys.

Plus she mad as fuck.

Jon doesn't want to be king of the iron throne. Let's not jump to conclusions about Danny. She doesn't know about how things go down in westeros, she doesn't understand what it means to kill off an entire house, plus as she said, she is the breaker of chains
  • Eugh. Hated this. Probably my least-liked episode since season 5.

Gendry's return... Why? So Davos isn't bored in kings landing. FANTASTIC. Oh wait he's also Robert incarnate!

HOLLYWOOD.

Listen, I see where you can come from for this. I happen to disagree but I've been in a position where I'm expressing your sentiment to a crown of The Walking Dead fans. We're just going to have to accept the jetpacking and plot holes and whatnot and just enjoy the episode for as a piece to television. Did it go in directions we werent expecting? Yes. But its TV and doesnt need to be super. serious. From a story telling standpoint I found it awesome and am so excited for the rest of the season and the 8th. I support your ability to disagree and hate the episode, but I went into this expecting a good time and wast disappointed. But that doesnt mean that if you were disappointed that you are wrong; I just REALLY LIKE THIS EPISODE! 
    hidigidy42SlytherinSisteranubus21Svcarlos7poorfool
  • FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY
    Soooo Cersei is going to kill bronn or Jaime is going to do it so no frooking castle for him?
    darwinfeeshy
This discussion has been closed.