Bald Move AAMA

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Michelle, have you ever thought what a weird coincidence it is that your name is Michelle California and that you live in California?
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    edited August 2017
    Chinaski said:

Michelle said:

gguenot said:

Is your full name Michelle California?

How did you guess?????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?  lol
    Welcome to Michelle California.... 
    'I'M HERE IN MICHELLE CALIFORNIA, THERE'S THIS JOINT THAT SERVES BURRITOS, SANDWICHES, LASAGNA'S, AND PIZZA'S.. WITH VEGIMITE AND PINEAPPLES! THIS IS.. HOLY MOLEY!'

https://media.giphy.com/media/fSBaqOjrWDHzi/giphy.gif
    dang, now i kinda wanna go to "Holy Moley's' in Michelle California! sounds rather delightful!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • OldGriswoldOldGriswold Brooklyn
    edited August 2017

haha I use to get a lot of Vaseline jokes when I was a kid, but its just my name hiding in plain site Nate Vasil prounounced like "vassal"

Makes a lot more sense! Sorry to perpetuate schoolyard juvenility.

So Vasil... Do you serf?

I'll get my coat.
    DeeDaveyMacTravisVasilnate1
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    @gguenot How do you pronounce your name and has A.Ron ever been close? Ha! Your name is one of my favorites to hear someone have to try and pronounce.
    phoenyx1023MichelleTaraC73Travis
  • @gguenot How do you pronounce your name and has A.Ron ever been close? Ha! Your name is one of my favorites to hear someone have to try and pronounce.

You beat me to it! This was my exact question lol. A.Ron sounds like he's having a mini stroke every time he tries to say it on Lunch and I chuckle every time. But I always read it with a more French pronunciation.
    MurderbearMichelleTravisweeniegirl
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    Frakkin T said:

I don't have a lot of questions for other members but I am curious about real first names and faces

erik, don't know how to post pictures

TravisFrakkin Tvoodoorat
  • How many of you folks are Aussies?
  • anubus21 said:

How many of you folks are Aussies?

Oh hey, anusbus
    voodooratFrakkin TVasilnate1Noel
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Chinaski said:

Michelle said:

gguenot said:

'I'M HERE IN MICHELLE CALIFORNIA, THERE'S THIS JOINT THAT SERVES BURRITOS, SANDWICHES, LASAGNA'S, AND PIZZA'S.. WITH VEGIMITE AND PINEAPPLES! THIS IS.. HOLY MOLEY!'

Nice. lol
    Funny thing is, his hometown is oniy about 15 min. from where I live. Every once in a while someone will run into him if he's around.
  • @gguenot How do you pronounce your name and has A.Ron ever been close? Ha! Your name is one of my favorites to hear someone have to try and pronounce.

@gguenot How do you pronounce your name and has A.Ron ever been close? Ha! Your name is one of my favorites to hear someone have to try and pronounce.

You beat me to it! This was my exact question lol. A.Ron sounds like he's having a mini stroke every time he tries to say it on Lunch and I chuckle every time. But I always read it with a more French pronunciation.
    Hahah Aron has it kinda down now, but the early times were pretty funny- gweenot, Gooeynot

I'm never bothered and rarely correct someone when they get it wrong-- especially a stranger, if they mispronounce it and they asked if they butchered it, 9/10 I'll just say they were spot on.

It is French (Guenot)-- can either be pronounced "gay-no" or how I've come to say it "guh-no". First name is Garett, which is how you get the double G's in gguenot.

1 fun fact and 1 sad fact-

Fun fact-- everyone in my immediate family has GG initials. (My parents thought it was really cute (eye roll)

Sad fact-- and I've actually never admitted this or told someone outright- I grew up right at the climax of using "gay" as a synonym for "lame" or "stupid". With the proper pronunciation of my last name being "Gay-no" I was ridiculed for my name early on (even by adults). I left Christian school in the 3rd grade (thank science god) and when I started a new school I thought it would be easier to pronounce it "guh-no". As an adult I see how silly it all was and wouldn't have any issue using the proper pronunciation, it's just all my friends and (old) work colleagues know it as guh-no.
    phoenyx1023MurderbearTravisFreddyVasilnate1DaveyMacMichelle
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited August 2017
    Chinaski said:

Chinaski said:

Michelle said:

gguenot said:

dang, now i kinda wanna go to "Holy Moley's' in Michelle California! sounds rather delightful!
    Ha ha. There's a place in Dallas my friend used to order delivery from that seemed to serve everything. One day it was pizza, then the next it would be fajitas. Finally, one day a steak with a side of bbq beans and sweet potato fries showed up. I was like "you've got to be fucking with me..." Picasso's: "When you want delivery, and no one in your house can be bothered to eat food that at least comes from the same damn country."
    TravisMichelle
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited August 2017
    My name is... wait for it.... Travis. Here is a picture of me dramatically running away from a giant bear statue.image
    MurderbearFreddygguenotFernNYC17Vasilnate1TaraC73voodooratDaveyMacOldGriswoldMichelleand 2 others.
    edited August 2017
    My name is not Freddy Cupples, but I like that Jim and A. Ron's nickname for me is Freddy C. So that's what you can call me. Or just Tom, I guess, since that's what my beatnik parents named me. And for anyone who ever questions my devotion to the Bald Move cause, just remember, I paid both the silver price:
    And the iron price:
    Just kidding. I have alopecia totalis. Which comes in quite handy whenever friends get cancer and we all decide to do a solidarity shave.

Any other golfers on here? I'm a mildly competent hack (sitting at a 14.8 handicap as of last month), and if I had it my way I'd play at least 5 times a week. Even played blades for a while:
    gguenotMurderbearFrakkin TTravisjazzminawaTaraC73voodooratDaveyMacOldGriswoldMichelleand 5 others.
  • Nice try, NSA.
    MurderbearTravisKingKobraphoenyx1023jazzminawaFlashGordonNoel
    @gguenot If you worked anywhere in the swimming pool industry down south, it'd take about a half a day before some redneck just started calling you "Gunite".
    gguenotMurderbear
    @gguenot Regarding your "fun fact:" Me too! Well, everyone in my family have the initials JSR. My Mom and Dad happened to be Janet Sue and Jeffrey Steven, I'm named for my Dad so I'm a Jr. and they figured it would be cute to keep it going and named my brother Joshua Sean.

I remember a few years ago, my Mom wanted everyone to get vanity plates for their cars. "Your Dad will be JSR 1, I'll be JSR 2 and you and your brother will be 3 and 4." That was pretty much immediately shut down. Ha
    TravisgguenotMichelleDee
  • Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    edited August 2017
    Freddy said:

My name is not Freddy Cupples, but I like that Jim and A. Ron's nickname for me is Freddy C. So that's what you can call me. Or just Tom, I guess, since that's what my beatnik parents named me. And for anyone who ever questions my devotion to the Bald Move cause, just remember, I paid both the silver price:
    And the iron price:
    Just kidding. I have alopecia totalis. Which comes in quite handy whenever friends get cancer and we all decide to do a solidarity shave.

Any other golfers on here? I'm a mildly competent hack (sitting at a 14.8 handicap as of last month), and if I had it my way I'd play at least 5 times a week. Even played blades for a while:

I use to be a @14 handicap hack also, like 10 years ago.  I was a cook at a golf course, use to play 72-90 holes a week...  Those were the days.  Now I'm just a poker hack, its just easier to make money on the felt than on the course ;-)

here I am bluffing off @$150

and here I am with a puppy hat 
    TravisMurderbearFernNYC17jazzminawavoodooratOldGriswoldMichelleDeegguenotDani_Armindoand 1 other.
  • I'm enjoying this thread immensely. Y'all cute! 

When I went to Toronto in April (haven't been on vacation since!):

And my favorite Snapchat filter :) 
    TravisMurderbearKingKobravoodooratOldGriswoldMichelleDeeDani_ArmindoNoelDummyand 2 others.
  • john.  me, wife, and brood in summer 2015 at sleeping bear dunes, michigan:

TravisjazzminawaVasilnate1OldGriswoldMichelleDummy
  • @emnofseattle it took me a while to figure it out but if you have any public facing social media that you post photos on you just right click it and select "copy image address". That URL is what you add to the Insert Image button on the post. I just copy/pasted photos from my Twitter.
    Travis
  • OldGriswoldOldGriswold Brooklyn
    edited August 2017
     @OldGriswold is your name an homage to Clark griswold? <3 :0)
    Now I kinda wish it was but I've literally never seen that film (I miss out on a lot of cultural references since I didn't move to the US until 2008).  It's actually a reference to a blacksmith in a videogame, which is a reference (I think) to a cast-iron company in the USA.  Long and boring story I suppose, but has been my online go-to avatar for 12+ years.

For pictures, here's me and my son when he was born a few months ago:

And here we are a couple of weeks ago:
    Frakkin TMurderbearVasilnate1voodooratTravisjazzminawaDaveyMacMichelleDeeTaraC73and 2 others.
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited August 2017

@emnofseattle it took me a while to figure it out but if you have any public facing social media that you post photos on you just right click it and select "copy image address". That URL is what you add to the Insert Image button on the post. I just copy/pasted photos from my Twitter.

@emnofseattle I got frustrated trying to figure out how to make things from other sites work so I just set up an imgur account. Aside from the hassle of having to go there and upload the picture, then bring over the link to post it, it's pretty user friendly. That said, I'm a computer idiot and I'm sure there are much simpler and more direct ways. I just kept getting situations where it would post the little, picture-less box (probably from grabbing the wrong kind of link). Anyhoo, that's another option if you're a little digi-web challenged like me.
    @OldGriswold whaaaaaaaaaaat. You're not the grumpy old man in your picture?? Man. I know people use pictures of others as avatars all the time but my mind is kinda blown right now, not gonna lie.
    OldGriswoldTravisMichelleTaraC73
  • @OldGriswold OMG, gingers! Those pictures are soo cute. Babies make my day lol
    OldGriswoldMichelle
  • @OldGriswold whaaaaaaaaaaat. You're not the grumpy old man in your picture?? Man. I know people use pictures of others as avatars all the time but my mind is kinda blown right now, not gonna lie.

Why was I thinking the same thing?! I swore that was him haha.
    MurderbearOldGriswoldTravisMichelle
  • @OldGriswold whaaaaaaaaaaat. You're not the grumpy old man in your picture?? Man. I know people use pictures of others as avatars all the time but my mind is kinda blown right now, not gonna lie.

Wow, you even took the like away from my post

Would it help if I said I really am the picture from my avatar and the other pictures were my fake second-life backstory?
    MurderbearMichelleTaraC73
    @OldGriswold Yes! Ha! I swear to you, I would read almost any of your posts in a Sam Elliott style old man voice.
    TravisOldGriswoldweeniegirl

Wow, you even took the like away from my post

Would it help if I said I really am the picture from my avatar and the other pictures were my fake second-life backstory?
    You should have just posted the second picture and said "I'm the guy in the ball cap"
    OldGriswoldTravisMichelleTaraC73Noel
  • @OldGriswold Yes! Ha! I swear to you, I would read almost any of your posts in a Sam Elliott style old man voice.

Sometimes there's a man...
    MurderbearFrakkin TTravisMichelle