2017 Baldies Awards voting now open!

2»

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    Michelle said:
    My write-in for best actress in a drama was Claire Foy as Queen Elizabeth in The Crown.  If you've seen this show, you know how deserving this is.  If you haven't seen the show, you're really missing out on some fantastic performances that just floor you most times.  
    Quoting myself, but only to add to what I said about Claire Foy/The Crown.  Not to be outdone, Matt Smith also *killed it* as Prince Phillip.   Both deserve major accolades.

NoelBrandonTheBard
  • Also, always keep in mind that all awards shows are utterly ridiculous and this one is no exception.
    And we wouldn't have it any other way.  Add in your own Bald Move ridiculousness and that's what keeps us coming back for more.
    MichelleMurderbearMofojones333
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Michelle said:
    Michelle said:
    My write-in for best actress in a drama was Claire Foy as Queen Elizabeth in The Crown.  If you've seen this show, you know how deserving this is.  If you haven't seen the show, you're really missing out on some fantastic performances that just floor you most times.  
    Quoting myself, but only to add to what I said about Claire Foy/The Crown.  Not to be outdone, Matt Smith also *killed it* as Prince Phillip.   Both deserve major accolades.

I would also add in Vanessa Kirby in her supporting role as Princess Margaret. Like you said, The Crown has some of the performances on TV.
    Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Noel said:
    Michelle said:
    Michelle said:

I would also add in Vanessa Kirby in her supporting role as Princess Margaret. Like you said, The Crown has some of the performances on TV.
    Yes!  She was stellar this past season.
    Noel
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    Minus anything that had The Leftovers as an option, some of those were tough. Especially my favorite commission. I ended up going with my favorite discussion, rather than favorite movie.
  • Mofojones333Mofojones333 Fort Worth, Texas
    MrX said:
    LEFTOVERS SWEEP
    I love me some Leftovers but there was one show for me that blew up the status quo and was the best thing I've watched in years.

What show is this? 
    Elisa
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited January 2018
    MrX said:
    LEFTOVERS SWEEP
    I love me some Leftovers but there was one show for me that blew up the status quo and was the best thing I've watched in years.

What show is this? 

Twin Peaks: The Return
    Elisadarthcaedus1138
  • I agree that award shows are ridiculous including this one, but the Baldies is easily the one I look forward to the most these days.

My write-in was for Kyle MachLachan playing three distinct characters on Twin Peaks The Return.
    ElisaMrX[Deleted User]MelonuskAntManBee
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    No Odenkirk for Best Actor? For shame!
    MrXMurderbear
  • Honestly can't believe J&A never mention the Crown... You guys would love it...
    Michelle
  • MrX said:
    LEFTOVERS SWEEP

If there was a best single episode category it would without a doubt be episode 8 of that show 

This is the water 
    and this is the well

the horse is the white of the eyes
    and dark within 

drink full, and descend 
    MrXElisaUnderwood
  • I think Mindhunter must get some love from lil' old me. :) One guy who definitely deserves praise is actor Cameron Britton as Ed Kemper. Outstanding performance. He's "a nice guy" and also creepy as f*ck, at the same time. Simply amazing acting. 

Be warned of mild creepyness in this clip. Chose a short clip, to not freak people out too much....  :wink:

MrXHatorianNotacult
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited January 2018
    MrX said:
    LEFTOVERS SWEEP

If there was a best single episode category it would without a doubt be episode 8 of that show 

This is the water 
    and this is the well

the horse is the white of the eyes
    and dark within 

drink full, and descend 

Gotta light?

[Deleted User]Elisa
  • Mofojones333Mofojones333 Fort Worth, Texas
    I never watched the original twin peaks, if I start the return, will I be lost? 
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    Thank you for designating the categories "male actor" and "female actor" and not using the outdated "actor"/"actress" designations.  :)

Now I just have to decide between Elisabeth Moss and Carrie Coon. :(
    ReniElisa
  • I never watched the original twin peaks, if I start the return, will I be lost? 

Yes. But it would make for an interesting experiment!
    There is a Twin Peaks 'survival guide' if you just want to watch the minimum. Maybe just read recaps if you skip episodes.
    Elisa
  • Now I just have to decide between Elisabeth Moss and Carrie Coon. :(

Lol, yep. My finger hovered over the screen for a solid 5 minutes trying to pick between these 2.
    ReniSchlupp
  • I picked Carrie Coon because I can still vote for Elizabeth Moss next year - Handmaid's Tale S2 is this April, but Carrie Coon is pregnant so I don't think she has anything coming out this year (except her baby).
    Schlupp
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited January 2018

Lol, yep. My finger hovered over the screen for a solid 5 minutes trying to pick between these 2.

I find it real easy not to do Scientologists any favors.

And that's my mean thought for the day.

(But seriously, how can you be in a show so critical of religion as abuse and be a Scientologist? We'll never know. She's not telling.)
    gguenotphoenyx1023ElisaMelonusk
  • JaimieT said:

(But seriously, how can you be in a show so critical of religion as abuse and be a Scientologist? We'll never know. She's not telling.)

@JaimieT Not mean at all. (Well, maybe, and I'm just mean too?) Either way, I've had this exact conversation about this show several times. It's still a stellar performance, but.....yeah.
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City

Sterling K. Brown was the easiest write in candidate of all time

phoenyx1023ReniMurderbearElisaMichelle
  • Now I just have to decide between Elisabeth Moss and Carrie Coon. :(

Me too, but it was only about 20 seconds. Under his finger. :-)
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City

MurderbearSchluppElisaDoubleA_RonApril_May_JuneMichelle[Deleted User]NoelMelonuskCodyHarris821and 1 other.
  • JaimieT said:

I'll be honest - I've had the same thought.
    But then I thought that maybe that's why she's so amazing in that role?  Like she's working through her thoughts/feelings about Scientology while acting?
    I mean, obviously she's entitled to believe what she wants, and I've seen/heard many interviews with her, and she never brings it up, and seems super nice and level-headed (can't say the same about Tom Cruise, lol).
    But she must experience at least a bit of cognitive dissonance while playing this role, right?
    NoobieDooz
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited January 2018
    JaimieT said:

I'll be honest - I've had the same thought.
    But then I thought that maybe that's why she's so amazing in that role?  Like she's working through her thoughts/feelings about Scientology while acting?
    I mean, obviously she's entitled to believe what she wants, and I've seen/heard many interviews with her, and she never brings it up, and seems super nice and level-headed (can't say the same about Tom Cruise, lol).
    But she must experience at least a bit of cognitive dissonance while playing this role, right?

Not necessarily. She gets career benefits from the Church (networking). They in turn get dirt on her, ensuring that she won't leave. And she, facing that carrot and that stick, will never criticize them. And from a purely selfish perspective, why should she? Handmaid's Tale is probably just another job to Elizabeth Moss. 
    Elisa
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Last day to vote!  Polls close at midnight tonight!
  • Dammit!! Missed the voting!
This discussion has been closed.