Britannia

Mofojones333Mofojones333 Fort Worth, Texas
If you like GOT, check this new show out. It stars David Morrissey aka The Guv'ner from walking dead and Kelly Reilly aka Vince Vaughns SO in season 2 True Detective. The first episode is great IMO but I'm a fantasy nerd so... Anyone else watched and what did you think? 

Comments

• Mofojones333Mofojones333 Fort Worth, Texas
    I guess nobody is watching this because it's from the UK. Just a reminder that with the internet any countries TV can be yours!
    Seriously?? Nobody else is watching this? 
    Elisa
  • I keep getting the HBO Go ad for this on Facebook and I'm kind of intrigued. Might check it out just so you don't have to keep talking to yourself lol.
    Mofojones333Elisa
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Hmm, let me see if my particular corner of the internet makes this particular TV mine.
    Mofojones333
    Found it. In your opinion should I read anything or just go in blind?
    Elisa
    I just read the show synopsis. I recommend that is what you do. If you like GOT and or Vikings or maybe fantasy in general give this show a try. I thought it was very promising. 
    Elisa
    Looks interesting. As Vikings is going into mid-season hiatus, a spot just opened up. Thanks for the recommendation!
    ElisaMofojones333
  • edited January 2018
    What platform/where are you watching this show?  Is it on a cable channel? BBC America maybe?  Or what web service do you use to watch it?
    Unfortunately the means by which I watch foreign TV are a forbidden topic here on the BM forums. It's not a BBC show (it's Sky) but I do see that Amazon is about to start airing them on 26th for the US.
    Mofojones333
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I think it is on Amazon Prime in the US
  • I thaught the 1st episode was a dog shit of a mess with a few very good action scenes. I felt like it was a mess of characters thrown at me and it was shit 
    Elisa
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @iMatty94 Hahaha, don’t hold back, mate! :-D
    ElisaFlukesOldGriswold
    iMatty94 said:I thaught the 1st episode was a dog shit of a mess with a few very good action scenes. I felt like it was a mess of characters thrown at me and it was shit 
    Set in 43AD, the captivating, anarchic drama follows the Roman army as they return to crush the Celtic heart of Britannia, a mysterious land led by warrior women and powerful Druids who claim to channel the powerful forces of the underworld.

@iMatty94, I'm surprised at your opinion. I wonder if you like fantasy in general or you just didn't like the show. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. 

I think the angle with the druids is cool as shit and in real life we don't know much about them. The remain very mysterious. I think David Morrissey plays a good Roman general. 

• iMatty94 said:
    I thaught the 1st episode was a dog shit of a mess with a few very good action scenes. I felt like it was a mess of characters thrown at me and it was shit 

That was my opinion of the first episode of Spartacus (actually, I didn't even think the action scenes were good. So much freakin' slo-mo and CGI blood!). Later it became one of my favorite shows. I don't think it's accurate to judge a show based on one episode.
    Mofojones333
  • Reni said:
    iMatty94 said:
    I thaught the 1st episode was a dog shit of a mess with a few very good action scenes. I felt like it was a mess of characters thrown at me and it was shit 

That was my opinion of the first episode of Spartacus (actually, I didn't even think the action scenes were good. So much freakin' slo-mo and CGI blood!). Later it became one of my favorite shows. I don't think it's accurate to judge a show based on one episode.
    I agree but it makes it harder to watch the rest when a pilot is so bad 
    Elisa
  • iMatty94 said:I thaught the 1st episode was a dog shit of a mess with a few very good action scenes. I felt like it was a mess of characters thrown at me and it was shit 
    Set in 43AD, the captivating, anarchic drama follows the Roman army as they return to crush the Celtic heart of Britannia, a mysterious land led by warrior women and powerful Druids who claim to channel the powerful forces of the underworld.

@iMatty94, I'm surprised at your opinion. I wonder if you like fantasy in general or you just didn't like the show. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. 

I think the angle with the druids is cool as shit and in real life we don't know much about them. The remain very mysterious. I think David Morrissey plays a good Roman general. 

I do like fantasy I just thaught the pilot was a bad mess. Maybe the rest will be good i just don't know yet 
    ElisaMofojones333