Looper-better podcast format

edited February 11 in Movies
just listened to looper podcast and it left me wanting more as the commissioned pods often do.  I think an outline or a loose recap would provide a better listen.  Too many times J&A get lost in the weeds talking about stupid fan theories or nit picky crap and leave out any discussion over crucial scenes.  Htf do you have a looper discussion and not talk about one of coolest scenes in the movie?  Of course I’m talking about when the little kid uses his abilities to lift the bad guy into the air and make him explode creating this raining (blood) effect over our heroes.  Then old joe and young joe simultaneously realize the kid is the RAINmaker.  Such a brilliant scene and to leave it completely off the pod is criminal 

Comments

  • edited February 11
    That’s the coolest to you....personally I do t want a recap, this isn’t a TV show and it’s something totally different. I’m sure they’d discuss those scenes if you had commissioned it and brought that up in your feedback. 
    phoenyx1023ReniJaimieTgguenotDaveyMacPhoebes89
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    There are times I wished they recapped and times when it doesn't make a difference to me. Like with Prisoners. I hadn't watched that movie in years. I loved it when I saw it but it was super dark and emotionally draining so I didn't ever really plan on watching it again. So when they were talking about certain scenes, I didn't really remember what they were talking about. Priest? What priest? Those are the times I wished I had watched the movie again or at least recently. So I guess I can't really blame them because a movie wasn't fresh in my mind.
  • I personally don’t listen to the pod for a recap. You can read that on IMDB if you want. I also usually watch/rewatch the content before I even listen to the pod. Unless it’s like The Goonies or something that I pretty much know by heart. However, I will grant you that it was kinda crazy that they didn’t mention that scene with the raining blood but it’s whatever 
  • Probably the commissioners can mention any cool scene they want specific feedback on. 
  • I did mention the coolest scene - the one where the old Seth loses his fingers, nose and limbs.  That's the one that made an impression on me.
    ChinaskiKingKobragguenothisdudeness915Alkaid13
  • I second Mt818's suggestion. A short recap would help refresh people's memories and make it easier to follow the discussion that comes afterwards.

    Not the super detailed scene-by-scene recap and from TV-podcasts like GoT and The Leftovers... but maybe a three minutes recap at the beginning, like in the Stranger Things podcast.

    Yeah, sure... I could look it up online myself and read it, but the whole point of listening to a podcast is that you can listen. For example when I am in my car, or on my bike.... it's sometimes difficult to fully enjoy the discussion because I am still trying to remember the basic plot. This happened to me with Prisoners and Looper.
  • I think the assumption for commissioned casts is that youve watched it recently or are familiar with the movie already. I’ll have to go back, but I don’t remember any commissioned casts having a recap. 
    Deephoenyx1023Chinaskihisdudeness915
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    KingKobra said:
    I think the assumption for commissioned casts is that youve watched it recently or are familiar with the movie already. I’ll have to go back, but I don’t remember any commissioned casts having a recap. 
    Yeah, the commission is for the person commissioning it, who presumably doesn’t need a recap and just wants to hear Jim and A.Ron talking about it. I feel like as long as the commissioner of a cast is happy and has their discussion points addressed, anything else is a bonus. 
    phoenyx1023KingKobraChinaskibazjensterPhoebes89hisdudeness915DoubleA_RonJaimieTgguenotMelonusk
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    i've said it before and i'll say it again.. commissioned podcasts is what hooked me. point break, back to the future, and willy wonka were just so damn good. and most recently the lost boys one. i'm completely ok with format they've been rolling with.
    KingKobraJaimieT
  • Dee said:
    KingKobra said:
    I think the assumption for commissioned casts is that youve watched it recently or are familiar with the movie already. I’ll have to go back, but I don’t remember any commissioned casts having a recap. 
    Yeah, the commission is for the person commissioning it, who presumably doesn’t need a recap and just wants to hear Jim and A.Ron talking about it. I feel like as long as the commissioner of a cast is happy and has their discussion points addressed, anything else is a bonus. 

    Hmmmm..... the fact that the guys promote the commissioned podcasts with the same intensity as all the other content, suggest to me that the broader audience is also a target customer for the content. "Anything else is a bonus" sounds as if they would hardly care what the other listeners think about it... and I don't think that is true.

    Anyway, it's merely a suggestion that, at least for me, would make the content even better. But without a short recap, I will still enjoy these commissioned podcasts.
  • If you need a recap then you don’t know the movie well enough to understand their analysis on certain scenes, so the recap is kinda pointless in that sense. 
    JaimieTDoubleA_RonMelonusk
  • Almost every commissioned movie podcast I've listened to I've made it a point to re-watch the movie just because of what the original poster said in regards to having a fuzzy recollection of certain parts of the movie.  I could understand a quick recap similar to what they did with Stranger Things but you can't get enough of the fine details out in that to make it worth while in my opinion.  To each their own regarding this but I enjoy it the way it is and wouldn't change a thing.  
    hisdudeness915KingKobra
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Chinaski said:
    i've said it before and i'll say it again.. commissioned podcasts is what hooked me. point break, back to the future, and willy wonka were just so damn good. and most recently the lost boys one. i'm completely ok with format they've been rolling with.

    I just listened to the Willy Wonka one again, which IMO is the most epic one and I think prompted the commission shut-down? Anyway, Aron grew up having seen Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Someone commission that fucked up movie please.
    hisdudeness915phoenyx1023ChinaskiBrieanne
  • BrieanneBrieanne California
    I would be so down for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang ...Dick Van Dyke is amazing.

    Would be really interested in hearing the high comedy of them talking about the super creepy child catcher.

    I hope someone more tech savvy than me sees this comment and posts a picture of him here so others can have nightmares tonight!

    JaimieT
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited February 13
    You know, the child catcher is kind of fabulous now that I'm an adult... I don't mean it like I hate children; I mean, look at his performance. Obviously he did a stand-up job. Iconic. 

    Damn, I'd love an excuse to rewatch this movie. 

    Here's a funny discussion of it, in the meantime. My favorite bloggers.


  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    JaimieT said:
    You know, the child catcher is kind of fabulous now that I'm an adult... I don't mean it like I hate children; I mean, look at his performance. Obviously he did a stand-up job. Iconic. 

    Damn, I'd love an excuse to rewatch this movie. 

    Here's a funny discussion of it, in the meantime. My favorite bloggers.



    Tom and Lorenzo did a deep dive on Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?!  This is amazing.
    JaimieT
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    JaimieT said:
    You know, the child catcher is kind of fabulous now that I'm an adult... I don't mean it like I hate children; I mean, look at his performance. Obviously he did a stand-up job. Iconic. 

    Damn, I'd love an excuse to rewatch this movie. 

    Here's a funny discussion of it, in the meantime. My favorite bloggers.



    Tom and Lorenzo did a deep dive on Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?!  This is amazing.

    And many other musicals...
  • I thought the Looper cast was great and haven't had any issue with the way the commissions are done.

    The most impressive scene in a movie is always going to be subjective.
Sign In or Register to comment.