- Cincinnati, OH
- Last Active
Cecily has been promoted from co-host to fiancée. Jim will continue on in his role of heterosexual life partner.and 64 others.Seriously, though, I never ever thought I'd get married again, but Cecily has proven to be an exceptional woman in the ups and downs we've shared in these past four years. I feel like the luckiest guy in the world on many, many fronts on a daily basis, and she's a big reason why. This is as close to a sure thing as I've ever experienced in my life.No date is set; with the house and studio stuff looming large in the fall there isn't time to do all that needs doing, but I'm guessing early to mid spring. Thanks to everyone for sharing in our happiness!
Cecily, Jim, and me are excited to announce something we've been working on behind the scenes; Swizzbold! Swizzbold is conceived to be a political, social, and lifestyle branch of content, to keep Bald Move focused on pop culture. Swizzbold is a completely separate entity from Bald Move, with myself, Cecily and Jim being each 1/3 owners of Swizzbold, LLC.It launches with two shows on an alternating every other week schedule. Three Right Turns, a political show I'll be hosting, will be released every other Monday. One Weird Trick is a lifestyle/advice podcast Cecily and I will be hosting, and will release the Mondays that 3RT doesn't. Jim will be doing the production and engineering. The feeds are up right now with a short promo for each, if you're keen on them feel free to subscribe now!We'll be doing this limited schedule throughout 2019, because we're super busy with Bald Move and don't want to take away from that. We will expand if there is interest, and reduce/eliminate if it isn't. I imagine there will be a lot of cross talk initially, but our plan is to eventually push political/cultural content over to reddit.com/r/swizzbold, or if things go well, host our own forum similar to this one. There are a few reasons for this.One, we acknowledge that even if you're very interested and engaged in politics, you appreciate a break now and then, and having politics discussed in an otherwise apolitical space is not ideal from that angle. Secondly, a lot of arguments and disagreements that happen in the politics threads spills out and causes wider animosity among the community. I'm not saying some of that animosity isn't warranted, but it kind of sucks that Bald Move isn't a place where like, 2009 A.Ron couldn't come to and ask good faith questions without getting their heads bit off. Swizzbold can be that place. Finally, as Bald Move has more overtly taken sides because of the political landscape in America, and the kind of community we wanted to build, I feel like our ability to attract and engage an audience that might be persuaded to listen to occasional tangential political discussion as it is encouraged by very non-political shows like Mr. Robot, The Watchmen, The Deuce, etc, is compromised. We can keep it light and breezy on Bald Move, provide some new thoughts here and there, and lure interested/engaged people to the sewers of Swizzbold, like Pennywise the clown.So that's Swizzbold. Very excited to see where it goes!
Hey guys and gals, wanted to take this moment to mark this date, March 24th, 2010, as the officially official 10th anniversary of Bald Move. Wish it were under more joyful circumstances, but even as somber and scary as the times were living in are... It's important to say thank you. I would have never ever believed this would happen to us, and it's all due to your word of mouth, support, sharing, subscribing, all these individual acts lead up to us doing this crazy thing for a decade. Bald Move accidentally became the longest job I've ever held at some point. It's amazing to think we almost gave up 2 years into it, and pivoted to TV talk on a total lark.and 33 others.
Thanks for appreciating and supporting our weird blend of spices that make up Bald Move. I appreciate the folks who have been around from the beginning (I know 2 or 3 of you exist!), the second beginning (BrBa S4!), and even people discovering us last week. With all your help, we can do it for 10 more.
The Bald Move community raised over $15k to help people experiencing homelessness while engaging in friendly luxury bidet competition. I wore a Princess Leia wig. I drank some weird shady shit Freddy sent us. Luke Skywalker saluted us. Luke. Skywalker. I'm as tired and happy as I've ever been in my life. This is all so silly and wonderful and sleep deprived that I don't know how to make sense of it. I'm glad we had you all with us today and it was recorded so at least I know it was all real.and 23 others.
Jim and I are up to more holiday schenannigans this year! Live watches and podcasts of Paul Giammati Christmas movies. Extra drunken lunches with gift giving and merriment. And our most ambitious jackassery yet: an 8 day extravaganza, "One Man Manger", starring Giamattiman himself!and 21 others.
You won't want to miss this! And to celebrate, we're offering 25% off new yearly Club Memberships from now to til New Year's Day. I'm so sorry that we still haven't got it worked out so that existing members can re-up at the discounted rates. We tried really hard, but our programmer just didn't have the time available to dedicate to the update needed in time to get it tested properly. I promise we'll have it ready for the next one. Or, I don't know, I'll resign from Bald Move! Yeah, that's the ticket.
Oh, and if you sign up before December 1st, you're gauranteed to receive a Bald Move Christmas card! Last year Jim dressed up as a sassy elf and sat on Santa A.Ron's lap. God only knows what we'll do this year. So if you want your mail carrier to think you have weird and offputting friends, make sure to sign up today!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everybody! We've been working for months on this, and I can't wait for you all to see it!
Peeps, I could not be prouder of our community. Not only was that fun as hell, but we raised what frankly was an unfathomable amount of money. I set $10k as the goal because I was afraid if I set it something achievable and we hit it mid way, that resetting it would screw up our donation trackers. I never expected to make half that. But you maniacs EXCEEDED it. This was just awesome to be a part of, every time I think there's a Bald Move moment that will never be topped, it does.and 20 others.
Thanks to everybody who stopped by and offered encouragement and broke the monotony, and especially everyone who gave, including the children of Bald Movers who were moved to donate their allowance, tooth fairy money, and Christmas money by the example of their parents. Just absolutely incredible.
Now, excuse me, I must go pass out.
We've been talking about this internally and teasing it at Lunch, but I want to make it officially official; we'll be doing a 24 hour charity stream where we watch the movie Groundhog Day, a movie about being forced to repeatedly experience Groundhog Day, continuously for 24 hours. I say continuously, but here's the deal, the movie's runtime is 1:42, and I believe that is with credits. So every two hours we will have about 15-20 minutes to stretch, take care of any biological processes, and reset for the next showing. A new showing of Groundhog Day will begin at the top of every even hour. (12:00, 2:00, 4:00, etc).and 19 others.
To be clear, the first showing will start at 12:01 AM Eastern Standard Time on Friday, February 2nd, 2018. We will be signing off around 11:59pm of the same day. Twitch Event link here.
The showing will happen live on twitch.tv/baldmove. We will have the following minimum setup, camera on me and Jim on the couch, the showing of Groundhog Day done "LiveWatch" style so Twitch doesn't shut us down. I'm aiming to have a third camera in the studio to get the event at a macro level so you can see that yes, we are actually stuck in the time loop with Phil. We won't be wearing headphones because of the 24 hour nature of the event, so it's likely a bit if sound will bleed through the mics to make it more entertaining to watch. We'll have chat open the whole time if you care to interact with us.
We've been wanting to do some kind of stunt like this for years, but our timing has been off or we didn't feel like we had a good concept, but I think we're ready now. And, we have a stellar charity to support. If you recall, one of the defining moments of Phil Connors character is his heroic efforts to save "Pop", an elderly homeless man. In Groundhog Day, even with godlike powers, saving Pop proves impossible.
This strikes us as a bit fatalistic. In our travels across our country, we've seen how homelessness has increasingly been an issue that keeps getting worse but isn't getting the focused attention it deserves. From Huntsville to Atlanta, to Seattle, heck right here in our neighborhoods in Cincinnati, far too many people are forced to live in the streets.. To that end, we've decided to dedicate our marathon to Pop, and direct all funds raised during Groundhog Day to the National Alliance to End Homelessness, a non-partisan, highly rated non-profit that aims to work locally and nationally on permanent solutions to get individuals and families back on their feet. As Phil discovered, it's not about keeping people warm and fed for a night or two. We need shelters, we need soup kitchens, and they all need our time and money, but we also need to fund the work of research, study, policy and planning to make a real headway on the problem.
We're not Twitch partners, so we'll have a special link for donating during the marathon and we'll be updating our progress throughout the event. We're excited for what surely will be a mind altering and butt numbing experience of watching Groundhog Day for 24 hours, and to see how much money we can raise for a worthy charity!
- Don't be a dick.
- Specifically, personal attacks on fellow fans are absolutely forbidden. Violations of either of these first two rules is a guaranteed banning without appeal. Please help our mod team out by using the "flag" feature (there is a small link that says "Flag" in the top right hand of each comment box by the date/time stamp) if you see any abuse of our forum!
- Do be absolutely crystal clear, if you see rude, combative, or obnoxious behavior, do not respond in kind. This isn't Gotham City, you're not Batwoman, the mods will eventually get around to sorting things out. It makes things much more of a mess to have to clean up a flame war than it is to clean up a single person acting out. If you're posting angry, back up, step away from the keyboard, and cool off.
- No racial/ethnic/sexual slurs. That said, context is important. "SCIENCE BITCH!" is an acceptable comment in a Breaking Bad thread. "Joffery is a royal cunt" is acceptable in a Game of Thrones thread. In general if we have said it on a podcast, or your favorite character has said it, and you use it IN THAT CONTEXT, you'll be fine. Still, tread lightly, and always keep in mind rules 1 and 2.
- Keep spoilers out of thread titles. Note, we only consider spoilers to be stuff that has NOT been televised. That's rumors, speculation, script leaks, whatever. Your personal theories and speculation? Okay. The fact that OMG NED GOT HIS HEAD CUT OFF!!!! last night? Totally fine. "According to Hollywood Reporter, Rick dies next week!" Not cool.
- No posts to illegal content. This includes but is not limited to links to bays of pirates or live streams of licensed content, or your favorite recipe for cooking meth.
- No pornography / nudity.
- Got a blog/podcast/whatever? Self promotion is okay, so long as it's not obnoxious. Weekly or more frequently is definitely obnoxious, seasonally is definitely not. There is a grey area in between, but always keep in mind rule 1. Consider using your signature to promote your content, and make great contributions to discussions. People will notice!
- Signature guidelines: Don't make them annoying. No animated gifs, and keep any images 480 pixels wide by 80 pixels high or smaller.
- No public whining if you get moderated. No flouncing either. Message the mods privately if you have a beef. Remember, this isn't a democracy, IT'S A
- It doesn't matter if you personally don't feel what you're doing is a violation of these rules. If A.Ron, Jim, or any moderator tells you to knock it off, or to cool it, then knock it off and cool it. You're in our house. All kinds of houses have all kinds of rules, and all kinds of vibes. If you don't like our rules or our vibes, find a new house. Always remember rule number 1 -- to continue to behave in a manner that upsets the host when you're a guest is a huge dick move.
- No politics. Some of the shows we cover touch on sensitive topics and have a political bent, and it's fine to discuss those issues in a manner that is respectful to all members of the community. However, Bald Move is not a place to discuss politics in general. If you must discuss politics, please check out our Swizzbold companion site, and use its subreddit at reddit.com/r/swizzbold to discuss and debate.
- Don't be a dick.