- Oxford, England
- Last Active
johnnytruant said:For the longest time, I thought "The Boys are Back in Town" was by Billy Joel.
A few of my best over the years:
- Chimneys are not in fact called 'chimleys'.
- Pickles are just cucumbers.
- They are called contact lenses because they have to touch your eye.
- That there are other types of cows than just black and white ones. Ever since that particular revelation my friends love to shout "AMY, A BROWN COW!", whenever we are out somewhere in the country.
- Washington D.C. is NOT in Washington state.
- A female explorer in Spanish is an exploradora, hence Dora The Explorer.
And then in unrelated but similar fashion:
- My young cousin once asked me why we say 'hang up the phone', because he's literally never seen a corded telephone in his life.
- Someone, once upon a time, had to have coined the term 'to coin a term'.
- The word natural is man made.
telephoneofmadness said:Horror movies I'm planning to watch next:
Werckmeister Harmonies (2001): Not sure. It has really good reviews, but so did Hereditary, so what does that even mean?
The Transfiguration (2017): Vampires.
Ravenous (Les Affames) (2017): Zombies.
Berberian Sound Studio (2013): Sounds like this is another "is any of this real?" type movie that I'm going to hate.
Only Lovers Left Alive (2014): Vampires. I like Tilda Swinton but I've put off watching this for a long time.
Split (2017): Not sure. I'm frightened to watch another Anya Taylor-Joy movie because she might be bad in it.
mother! (2017): Bible allegory. Lots of very violent, hate-filled reviews for this. I watched an interview with the director and he seemed like a complete idiot.