- Calgary, Canada
- Last Active
I don't know what to tell the people who think Danys turn was unearned and out-of-nowhere.
They put the words right in the character's mouth and the show has been raising and re-raising this concern for years. Just because we didn't want it to happen, doesn't mean it's not a valid story.
What did you think she meant when she said her mercy would be for the next generation and she was opting for fear? How many times does Tyrion have to talk about bells before it's obvious what's going to happen? The loooooong close up of a sleep-deprived half-mad Dany was a pretty good peak into her state of mind.
She ends-justify-the-means'd the shit out of this so she could give in to her darker tendencies.
I felt sick watching this because it was all so unnecessary, but that doesn't mean it came out of left field. I didn't want this to happen, but that's GoT for you.
Assuming you're a sane person and take both socks off at the same time and shoes are right out, the proper technique is to use only your feet for the operation.
1. Have socks on.
2. Grasp the top of the left sock using the first two toes of the still-socked right foot.
3. Pull the left sock down and off using your right foot. Be sure to keep the left sock held between your right toes.
4. Grasp the top of the right sock using the first two toes of the now un-socked left foot.
5. Pull the right sock down and off using the left foot while pulling the left sock into the right sock to form a sock bundle.
6. Use kicking motion to fling the sock bundle at the nearest spouse, child, or other family member.
---- Edit ----
My discussion assignment for a technical writing class this week was to produce a set of instructions 6-8 steps long. This thread inspired me to post the following into our class discussion forum. You'll have to imagine the superscript in place of bold-italics.
Traditional directions for sock removal tend to assume that sock-wearers have both hands and fingers. Wearing socks in no way guarantees that both hands and fingers are part of the equation, but we can safely assume that sock-wearers have feet.1 For this reason, it is my great pleasure to share this procedure for removing socks using only feet and toes.
1 Puppeteers wearing socks on their hands are violating natural laws and do not deserve our consideration.
Before you start
- Remove any non-sock footwear such as shoes, sandals, slippers or moccasins.
- Have socks on.
- Identify your left and right feet. Label as required.
- Look for family members within a 15-foot radius and consider if they've done anything particularly nasty to you recently.
- Grasp the top of the left sock using the first two toes of the still-socked right foot.
- Pull the left sock down and off using your right foot. Be sure to keep the left sock held between your right toes.
- Grasp the top of the right sock using the first two toes of the now un-socked left foot.
- Pull the right sock down and off using the left foot while pulling the left sock into the right sock to form a sock bundle.
- Fling the sock bundle at the nearest spouse, child, or other family member. Use a kicking motion.
- Run away.
Warning: Avoid gravel, lego bricks, and sticky spills as you make your escape. You aren't wearing any socks.