- Calgary, Canada
- Last Active
Assuming you're a sane person and take both socks off at the same time and shoes are right out, the proper technique is to use only your feet for the operation.
1. Have socks on.
2. Grasp the top of the left sock using the first two toes of the still-socked right foot.
3. Pull the left sock down and off using your right foot. Be sure to keep the left sock held between your right toes.
4. Grasp the top of the right sock using the first two toes of the now un-socked left foot.
5. Pull the right sock down and off using the left foot while pulling the left sock into the right sock to form a sock bundle.
6. Use kicking motion to fling the sock bundle at the nearest spouse, child, or other family member.
---- Edit ----
My discussion assignment for a technical writing class this week was to produce a set of instructions 6-8 steps long. This thread inspired me to post the following into our class discussion forum. You'll have to imagine the superscript in place of bold-italics.
Traditional directions for sock removal tend to assume that sock-wearers have both hands and fingers. Wearing socks in no way guarantees that both hands and fingers are part of the equation, but we can safely assume that sock-wearers have feet.1 For this reason, it is my great pleasure to share this procedure for removing socks using only feet and toes.
1 Puppeteers wearing socks on their hands are violating natural laws and do not deserve our consideration.
Before you start
- Remove any non-sock footwear such as shoes, sandals, slippers or moccasins.
- Have socks on.
- Identify your left and right feet. Label as required.
- Look for family members within a 15-foot radius and consider if they've done anything particularly nasty to you recently.
- Grasp the top of the left sock using the first two toes of the still-socked right foot.
- Pull the left sock down and off using your right foot. Be sure to keep the left sock held between your right toes.
- Grasp the top of the right sock using the first two toes of the now un-socked left foot.
- Pull the right sock down and off using the left foot while pulling the left sock into the right sock to form a sock bundle.
- Fling the sock bundle at the nearest spouse, child, or other family member. Use a kicking motion.
- Run away.
Warning: Avoid gravel, lego bricks, and sticky spills as you make your escape. You aren't wearing any socks.
Michelle said:Oh, I loved Canada when I was in Niagara last summer. It's so beautiful and everyone was so nice. I'll definitely go back sometime - maybe to Niagara, maybe somewhere different. I've thought it might be really cool to see Quebec City one day.
Quebec City is still on my must-visit list. Haven't made it there yet.
DaveyMac said:The Expanse Season 3 finally came to Japan on Prime. I wasn’t gonna binge it as I’m also watching Mrs. Maisel and The Deuce. So I thought I’d just rotate between the three. But I got so hooked on Season 3 I just powered through. Definitely my favorite of the three seasons.
Side question. Did they really say “fuck” that much when it was on SyFy? If so I didn’t realize SyFy allowed that much swearing on their shows. Or was it added after, on streaming?