- Last Active
Doctor_Nick said:Hunkulese said:Hatorian said:if i read it correctly it seems Sony just wants to keep the same deal as is. Marvel is getting greedy saying its success its based on the MCU so it should get a bigger share. if Sony is just wanting to keep the same deal then im siding with them.
The deal they had was still super sweet for Disney. They were basically getting free money and creative control over a license they didn't have and have no chance of getting, and they got to throw him in their movies.
I don't deny that I am concerned that if this completely falls through that Sony will muck up the live action Spider-Man films but I also don't blame them for not taking the deal even though Disney was also offering to pay 50% of the production costs of future solo entries.
So while I really liked Stranger Things 3, it's also my least favorite season. Its not a knock on it as I loooove the first 2 seasons and they were always a hard act to follow. The things that brought it down were these things:
- Very hammy performances. It was weird, I felt like Hopper was dialed up to 11 this season which probably wouldn't have bothered me if he wasn't so much more grounded like he was in prior seasons. Even the actors portraying the Russians were chewing up scenery which while matched the tone of the season, felt inconsistent with season 1 and 2.
- Team Ahoy in the Russian Secret Base. Steve, Dustin, Robin and Erica were easily my favorite things until they jumped in the elevator to the secret base. Then a lot of their plot got either very implausible or silly.
- Neverending Story Sing-along. It was cool the first 30 seconds then it got extremely cringey.
Still, while these three flaws were some of the worst things of the show's entire run, season 3 offset them with real highs.
- Team Ahoy. While the Russian base portion of their subplot really took me out of it, everything else before and after were gold. Steve since season 2 has become by far my favourite character and loved the Robin twist. Erica as well was super fun.
- Max and Eleven Friendship. Their "boys suck" shopping spree at the mall alone was so delightful that it's in my top 3 moments of the season and possibly in the top 5 of the entire show. Glad that Eleven was able to enjoy a real friendship with another girl where she could just be a normal person.
- The Finale. Outside of the neverending story song bit this was a very strong finale and loved the end battle.
- Billy. What a great villain for the season even though he was possessed for pretty much all of it. I think it was the right call to have him die after his redemption. While I certainly wouldn't have minded more Billy post-redemption, after what the show did with Steve, it would've been redundant if Billy survived to be a Steve-lite in future seasons. I will say that I wish we got more scenes with Max interacting with Billy to really capitalize on his last words to her. Hell I think it would've been a cool twist if she was the only one person he refused to hurt after being possessed.
All in all I'm very happy with the season and can't wait for season 4.