Season 6 Confirmed! Dream Settings?

With news just having broke that a sixth season of AHS has already been ordered, what kind of setting would you like to see?

I know we got a dose of religion in Asylum, but I've always thought a monastery would be a cool place to centre a season around.

I also think American Horror Story: High School has kind of a ring to it, but with most of the cast way past even pretending to be high school age, there would have to be some sort of staff vs. newly cast students angle (could also bring Taissa Farmiga back, probably not Emma Roberts due to Scream Queens), perhaps something akin to the movie The Faculty?
ElisaTonya

Comments

• Ugh. I don't know how I feel about this news. This show could be great (the settings, basic ideas and costumes are usually amazing) but the storytelling is always so uneven and sloppy. The cast is also way too big by now.
    I know one thing, if it's anything high school or college related, I'm so out.
    NikkiP
  • So here's just a few suggestions but I want them to tone a season down and get more to a murder house level.

American Horror Story: Penitariary
    American Horror Story: Medieval
    American Horror Story: Occult
    American Horry Story: Library

Elisa
  • I agree a monastery or religious setting opens the door to some interesting demonic horror.  There's also some interesting possibilities to be had with the Old West.  Deadwood + ghosts sounds ok to me.  Finally, I don't think they've done a whole lot of sci-fi horror.  There was a little in Asylum, but it felt really out of place.  Perhaps a laboratory or research institute could be a fertile ground.
  • HeffHeff Connecticut
    A medieval, western ghost town, or prison setting could be really interesting.

If they go with a medieval setting, they could introduce dark/horror versions of classic fantasy creatures, or have a character who delves into necromancy.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Hatorian said:

So here's just a few suggestions but I want them to tone a season down and get more to a murder house level.

American Horror Story: Penitariary
    American Horror Story: Medieval
    American Horror Story: Occult
    American Horry Story: Library

I like the idea of it being set in medieval times.  Kings, queens, etc.  Castles are always a good setting for scary and wicked stories.  Maybe French or medieval?  The Marquis de Sade?  This also opens up the idea of torture devices such as the Iron Maiden, etc.  The more I think about this, I would love it.

tristan
  • Apparently the creators said, when asked if they'd do a season set in space, that it's called American Horror Story for a reason so they wouldn't ever do it. Which means they won't ever do a medieval setting either. Plus I don't think they'd go back in time so far.
    But yeah, some scort of sci-fi thing could be interesting if done well. The alien theme was super lame in S2 though, so I don't know if they can pull it off...
    Nathan
  • @Michelle I'd love it to be set around De Sade and the French Revolution, though then I guess it's not American horror story.
    Michelle
  • too bad they ruined witches with coven. A real period piece in Salem could have been cool. They are going to start to run out of creepy places though if they stick to only America.
    amyja89Michelle
  • AHS: Creepy Small Town hasn't been done yet.
    HatorianElisaNathan
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    NikkiP said:

AHS: Creepy Small Town hasn't been done yet.

Oooooh! I vote for that one.
  • I would like to see Ryan Murphy go away.
  • AHS: Harmless ghost that misplaces items in your house.
    tristan
  • HeffHeff Connecticut
    How about a former mining town somewhere in the Southwest, with an ancient mine filled with hidden passages, collapsed runs, and tons of bodies and ghosts? I'm sure they can come up with some cool supernatural creatures or makeup effects for the actors, and if it's close to the Mexican border they can use some hispanic actors in major roles - Danny Trejo anyone? Maybe we could see creatures like the Chupacabra make appearances.
  • Area 51 could be interesting.
  • Heff said:

How about a former mining town somewhere in the Southwest, with an ancient mine filled with hidden passages, collapsed runs, and tons of bodies and ghosts? I'm sure they can come up with some cool supernatural creatures or makeup effects for the actors, and if it's close to the Mexican border they can use some hispanic actors in major roles - Danny Trejo anyone? Maybe we could see creatures like the Chupacabra make appearances.

Tak! Stephen King's Despertion was set around an old china clay mine in the Desatoya mountains (Nevada). A very evil spirit (Tak) lived there. Any yes to more Danny Trejo in everything, please. 

So far the horrors the show has touched on include: haunted houses, tortured spirits, suicide, birth defects, devil babies, human experimentation, insanity, torturous serial killers, lies, witchcraft, voodoo, slavery, more torture, physical deformities, discrimination, rape, addiction, neglect...I know I am leaving some out.

What are some other horrific things to focus on?

A focus on Urban Legends would cool, I think. 
  • MichelleMichelle California
    tristan said:

@Michelle I'd love it to be set around De Sade and the French Revolution, though then I guess it's not American horror story.

Oh, yeah, I didn't think of that. Too bad, that would be a great show.
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Blowing the dust off of this topic to say that I've heard a couple different rumours that seem to suggest that season six will be something along the lines of American Horror Story: Orphanage.

Loads of room for hella creepy and hella fucked up story lines, but I worry about the reliance on child actors that a setting like this might involve.
    TaraC73
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    Since this is back up, how was this season as a whole? I gave up after about 6 episodes. The sex scenes just got to be a bit ridiculous and the story wasn't interesting enough to get myself to sit through it. I heard there were connections to the previous seasons so I might finish so I can be current. 
    It's a real shame. I absolutely loved the first and second season (I'm a sucker for anything involving aliens). Murphy needs to go back to those or even ride the American Crime Story train. He's doing amazing things with that show. 
  • Eh, I don't like the orphanage idea. To me it sounds like it's basically a crossover between the institution of Asylum and the creepy children of Hotel. Plus there are way too many adult regulars as it is, how will they fit them all into a child-driven storyline, and is it really necessary to extend the huge cast with several more children?

*Simon Cowell voice* It's a NO from me.
    Elisa
  • NathanNathan Winterfell, The North, Westeros
    American Horror Story: Hospital

Because Medical Horror is Best Horror
This discussion has been closed.