Last Movie You Saw & What Did you Think

16566676870

Comments

  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    Last night I watched "The Package" (2018) on Netflix.  I watched it because I saw a clip on tiktok where a young boy said some raunchy stuff that was shocking and funny.  To be clear, this is NOT a good movie, but it was actually pretty funny.  If you like the type of raunchy humor in the TV show Workaholics, this one might be up your alley.  
    bizmarkiefader
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    watched Luca over the weekend. we really enjoyed it. it was one of the first times i've seen my kid get choked up at the end of a movie, made my heart melt.
    cdrive
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
     
    Last night I watched "The Package" (2018) on Netflix.  I watched it because I saw a clip on tiktok where a young boy said some raunchy stuff that was shocking and funny.  To be clear, this is NOT a good movie, but it was actually pretty funny.  If you like the type of raunchy humor in the TV show Workaholics, this one might be up your alley.  

    We watched this last night. Wouldn't call it good like you said but it made us laugh a decent amount which is all you really need in a movie like that.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Chinaski said:
    watched Luca over the weekend. we really enjoyed it. it was one of the first times i've seen my kid get choked up at the end of a movie, made my heart melt.
    Just finished again with my two little variants. It’s a tearjerker!  2 for 2. Got me again! So good. Great end credits too with Mina - Citta Vuota. Pretty sure we’ll be watching this a few more times throughout the summer. 
    Chinaski
  • cdrive said:
    Chinaski said:
    watched Luca over the weekend. we really enjoyed it. it was one of the first times i've seen my kid get choked up at the end of a movie, made my heart melt.
    Just finished again with my two little variants. It’s a tearjerker!  2 for 2. Got me again! So good. Great end credits too with Mina - Citta Vuota. Pretty sure we’ll be watching this a few more times throughout the summer. 
    Disney/Pixar has really been nailing it out of the park with some of their movies and very emotional endings. I haven't seen Luca yet but I can already tell I'll be tearing up. The ending of Onward hit me pretty hard after rewatching it again recently.
  • We watched Luca too, my wife and I really liked it, but my son sometimes gets stressed out with emotional stuff in movies (he's 5, still figuring stuff out) so him, not so much.

    By chance, we had made a fresh batch of pesto earlier in the day, which was fortuitous because we definitely were craving pesto pasta after the movie!
    cdrive
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Underwater: This was so much better than it had any right to be. It's only 90 minutes, and the inciting incident is (no joke) within the first 3-minutes of screen time. There is so little fat on this thing's bones it is sort of amazing. It is also amazing that someone involved with Alien didn't file a lawsuit, because this essentially Alien except in water. It is on HBOMax until July 1st. 
  • jluzaniajluzania Denver
    El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie. I will never complain about getting to visit that universe again, especially post-"Felina", considering BCS is a prequel. Nice to see Aaron and others slipping right back into the roles they made famous. There's one moment in particular where Jesse states his reasons for why he knows another character lied about dialing 911 where I just had to sit back, smile, and think "vintage Jesse". A fitting epilogue to a great show. 
    Hatorian
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    jluzania said:
    El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie. I will never complain about getting to visit that universe again, especially post-"Felina", considering BCS is a prequel. Nice to see Aaron and others slipping right back into the roles they made famous. There's one moment in particular where Jesse states his reasons for why he knows another character lied about dialing 911 where I just had to sit back, smile, and think "vintage Jesse". A fitting epilogue to a great show. 
    Ya know, I wanted to like this more than I did the first time around. The second time through, I liked it a lot more. I think it was because my expectations were more in place. It does feel like almost entirely fan service, but I'll be damned if it isn't the best made fan service out there. With that said, at the very beginning, a character asks Jesse if he plans to be a teenage retiree. Like...I know that that makes sense in that world. But Aaron Paul was close to 40 years old when they filmed that. You'd think they'd at least not bring attention to that by mentioning what age Jesse was supposed to be. I just found it funny. I do love that we got more time in that world to experience the aftermath of the Breaking Bad events. I am hoping for a tiny bit more of that in BCS. 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Fear Street Part One: 1994 This was trying so hard to tap into Stranger Things-esque nostalgia, but the only thing 90s about it was the soundtrack (and boy, did they cram as many songs as possible in). The hair, the clothes, the attitudes, the speech patterns - it was pure Zoomer.

    It all takes place over one night, with multiple killers, yet they seem to have plenty of time to sit around and talk about their feelings 17000 times. The main girl was a selfish jerk and very unlikeable - her friends and her brother should have bailed and left her to it, because she sure didn’t give a shit about them. 

    The tone was really weird too - it’s like it was a movie for kids, but it was incredibly gory. Disappointing mess all round. 
    ChinaskicdriveHatorian
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Good to know to avoid
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    really gonna miss these Clint East @Dee reviews when the forums are finito :'(

    Clint Eastwood GIFs | Tenor
    cdrive
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Another Round: This is on Hulu and won Best Foreign Film most recently at the Academy. A pretty amazing, yet incredibly uncomfortable movie throughout. Equal parts mid-life crisis and examination of how alcohol impacts our lives. I loved it, but it definitely isn't for everyone. 
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited July 4
    Summer of Soul. My goodness. My review is if you don’t watch this immediately what are you even doing with your life. OK what I mean is, everyone is going to enjoy this gem. Get on it!
    Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    cdrive said:
    Summer of Soul. My goodness. My review is if you don’t watch this immediately what are you even doing with your life. OK what I mean is, everyone is going to enjoy this gem. Get on it!
    hell yeah! just watched! loved it.
    cdrive
  • lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    The Tomorrow War - Terrifying aliens versus terrified time travelers. The plot is pretty dire but overall the movie is entertaining.  https://youtu.be/gzdm_YWwEbA
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    i watched some random movie on the plane with Anne Hathaway called Locked Down. it was annoying and not very good.
    Freddy
  • Just watched The Tomorrow War as well and thought it was a lot better than the onslaught of reviews made it sound. It's nothing amazing but if you have a good sound system, it sounds absolutely amazing. They have a ton of use from the LFE (subwoofer) channel. It was weird seeing Yvonne Strahovski in a role other than Serena from The Handmaid's Tale. She's clearly been in other shows/movies but that is the big role I know her from. 
    HatorianFreddy
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    edited July 7
    cdrive said:
    Summer of Soul. My goodness. My review is if you don’t watch this immediately what are you even doing with your life. OK what I mean is, everyone is going to enjoy this gem. Get on it!
    watched again tonight! so fuckin' good and insightful! i had no idea!
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Chinaski said:
    cdrive said:
    Summer of Soul. My goodness. My review is if you don’t watch this immediately what are you even doing with your life. OK what I mean is, everyone is going to enjoy this gem. Get on it!
    watched again tonight! so fuckin' good and insightful! i had no idea!
    I watched it twice also! On July 4th the TV was serving up Coldplay, Reba, and Bill Ray so I re-watched Summer of Soul. 
    ChinaskiFreddyMurderbear
  • lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    Black Widow - worth the wait.
    awookiee
  • edited July 9
    Pretty blown away by how much I loved Black Widow, right down to the prologue and opening credits of all things. Really nailed that patented spy-thriller title sequence feel that we’ve seen in so many of these types of movies. 

    This was probably the most balls-to-the-wall pure action movie that Marvel has ever done, and the character stuff in here is pretty excellent. 

    I say this every time I see a movie she’s in, but Florence Pugh is god.
    awookiee
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco

    This was probably the most balls-to-the-wall pure action movie that Marvel has ever done, and the character stuff in here is pretty excellent. 

    You think it was better than Winter Soldier?

  • edited July 14
    You think it was better than Winter Soldier?

    Nah definitely not. Winter Soldier is in my Top 3, I’d probably put this somewhere around the middle of the pack.
    bizmarkiefaderawookiee
  • Pretty blown away by how much I loved Black Widow, right down to the prologue and opening credits of all things. Really nailed that patented spy-thriller title sequence feel that we’ve seen in so many of these types of movies. 

    This was probably the most balls-to-the-wall pure action movie that Marvel has ever done, and the character stuff in here is pretty excellent. 

    I say this every time I see a movie she’s in, but Florence Pugh is god.
    Ditto on everything you said, especially the opening scene, opening credits and Florence Pugh is god. She's been nothing short of spectacular in everything I've seen her in and she definitely shines bright in her role in Black Widow. 
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    She could do better than that douche Zap Brannigan or whatever his name is. 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Fear Street 2: 1978 So much better than the first one! It’s not high art - it’s a by-the-numbers summer camp slasher movie - but it’s still fun, and helped a lot by having Sadie Sink as the lead rather than the obnoxious final girl from the first film. The third one (released next weekend) is the origin story set in 1666, and I have zero interest in Ye Olde Timey Witche stories, but I’ll still watch it just to complete the trilogy. 
    FreddyawookieeChinaskicdrive
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    I really hope this means. Instant home access is here to stay…

    https://screenrant.com/black-widow-movie-disney-plus-premier-access-success/
    Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Hatorian said:
    I really hope this means. Instant home access is here to stay…

    https://screenrant.com/black-widow-movie-disney-plus-premier-access-success/
    says the guy with a new fancy home theater set-up :p
    awookieeHatorian
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Dee said:
    Fear Street 2: 1978 So much better than the first one! It’s not high art - it’s a by-the-numbers summer camp slasher movie - but it’s still fun, and helped a lot by having Sadie Sink as the lead rather than the obnoxious final girl from the first film. The third one (released next weekend) is the origin story set in 1666, and I have zero interest in Ye Olde Timey Witche stories, but I’ll still watch it just to complete the trilogy. 
    Love you BM Mother @Dee , that said TBH I didn’t agree with your take on the 1st one but I think that’s a generational thing and I think /slash know you had a hang up on the main girl, but I’m excited to see ‘78, especially after your thoughts here. I’m on vakay so all I want to do right now is do vakay shit, drink, sleep, repeat, but now I’m super excited to watch this. Why no love for Ye Olde Timey? I love old witch times like Warlock etc. 
    Dee
Sign In or Register to comment.