USA Presidential Election 2016

Comments

• Anyone have anything good to say about the man??  His approval rating is in the 30s, unless you measure strictly within the Bald Move community, then it is - 0.
    hisdudeness915GredalBeeMichelle
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited January 2017
    Not gonna lie.  This had me chuckling:

And this had me cracking up.  Oh Dubya.  You're way cooler post-presidency.
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited January 2017
    Oh yes the mirth, this one puts me in stitches.

An inauguration for the record books.
  • Trump’s White House Website Takes Down Official Pages on Civil Rights, Climate Change, LGBT Rights

This is NOT ok. It's extremely alarming.
    DeeFernNYC17GeorgeGredalBeeTravis
  • @April_May_June

Looks like this may be a normal thing. At least I hope that's the case

http://www.snopes.com/white-house-web-site-trump-changes/
  • edited January 2017
    ^ Haha, that's pretty weird.  I wonder when that became standard practice? It does look odd cleaning out or moving the online footprint of a president, especially one as important (or self-important) as Obama.  However, when Trump tweets and websites get removed in 4 years, I'm sure it'll be a huge relief.  Seems fair.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    tom_g said:

Anyone have anything good to say about the man??

Nope.

My favorite image from today:

hisdudeness915cdriveUnderwoodCretanBull
  • MichelleMichelle California
    MrX said:

This is some Hunger Games looking shit right here.

This bitch right here. It's like a cross between Paddington Bear and an idiot's idea of what an American Girl doll would look like if she went to England or France.
    voodooratHunterTravis
  • Michelle said:

This bitch right here. It's like a cross between Paddington Bear and an idiot's idea of what an American Girl doll would look like if she went to England or France.

lol yeah.  out of respect for old glory, this outfit should definitely be burned if it touches the ground--or the air, or some water, or conway's skin, or whatever.
    Michelle
  • Thought I'd share this in case anyone is interested. I'm sure it won't help because Captain Dipshit makes his own rules but it's worth a shot.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov
  • After the last 8 years under the Obama regime, with failure on every policy front. 

It was fantastic to see President Obama leave office, and be replaced with a huge improvement.  

I honestly hope, as I am sure everyone does that the damage that has been done the authoritarian Obama  admin, can be repaired.

• After the last 8 years under the Obama regime, with failure on every policy front. 

It was fantastic to see President Obama leave office, and be replaced with a huge improvement.  

I honestly hope, as I am sure everyone does that the damage that has been done the authoritarian Obama  admin, can be repaired.
    Yeah, we can only hope that this finally-competent and not authoritarian-at-all-unlike-the-prior administration--which we can trust to counteract the fake news of the lamestream media with some newspeak alternative facts--can fix everything and MAGA.  Is it even possible though that all the horrible stuff that's made our country economically and socially worse between the glory days at the end of 2008 and the dystopian horrific nightmare end of 2016 can be repaired, though?

It honestly boggles the mind the reality that some people must live in.
    hisdudeness915
  • tom_g said:

Hunter said:

After the last 8 years under the Obama regime, with failure on every policy front. 

Were you one of the ones that thought Obama would refuse to leave office after his two terms, and continue his presidency with martial law?

Someone asked earlier in this thread if any of us can muster any positive comments about the new president...I've honestly genuinely been trying, but I just cant think of anything.  As someone who expected a historically awful presidency from the guy, even I'm disappointed by his first few days in office.   
  • UnderwoodUnderwood Philadelphia, PA
    Hunter said:

After the last 8 years under the Obama regime, with failure on every policy front. 

I mean.. this is an alternative fact.
    hisdudeness915CretanBullMichelle
  • Hunter said:

21 pages in and we found the Trump supporter.
    Michelle
  • Netherlands welcomes Trump. Hilarious!

kingbee67voodooratUnderwoodmichielterlouwCretanBullMichelleGoldBugs
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    fact
    Stackpile said:

tom_g said:

Hunter said:

Were you one of the ones that thought Obama would refuse to leave office after his two terms, and continue his presidency with martial law?

Someone asked earlier in this thread if any of us can muster any positive comments about the new president...I've honestly genuinely been trying, but I just cant think of anything.  As someone who expected a historically awful presidency from the guy, even I'm disappointed by his first few days in office.   

Wel today he has started the process of blocking the TPP and renegotiating NAFTA so those are two positives IMO.

BrawnHunter
  • Good game, China. Congratulations on winning the region.
  • Press conferences now only serve for comedic value.
  • tom_g said:

Press conferences now only serve for comedic value.

Honestly, this stuff is what kind of gives me a chill more than anything else--that they're going all-in on the "these are not the droids you're looking for" method of dealing with facts.  If they're willing to just tell bold-faced and easily-disproven lies like that over something as trivial as inauguration attendance, what will do they do about stuff like jobs/GDP numbers, the kind of stuff that people base their very assessments of what is happening in the country and the world on?

It's bizarre, this strategy of never admitting to anything or that anything is other-than-great-for-Trump.  But while I don't think it's ingenious in that I don't think it's that cleverly thought out, it winds up having the effect of sort of shutting down conversation.  If someone asked Hillary "did you make a mistake with the emails?", once she said "yes", it opened up a whole avenue of discussion which could be mined ad-nauseum. If she'd just flat out denied it *in spite of all evidence* there would be nothing to talk about.  That's exactly what Trump does over and over again and somehow it works, like the price you pay isn't for doing something and people *knowing* that you did it, but the price is paid because you admit it.  Even now, Conway's admitted that the excuse about the audit was bullshit and he'll never reveal his tax returns (because "nobody is interested", which is obviously untrue), but telling that lie doesn't seem to matter.  That's a tiny example, there are a hundred other things like this.  The only thing he ever sort of apologized for was the grab-em stuff, and that was for the language, which most people didn't really care about anyway (but some of his people apparently did, hence the apology).
    hisdudeness915tom_gCretanBullVasilnate1weeniegirl
  • I've been clinging to the belief that as Trump betrays the people who put him in power, that they'd...not necessarily come over to the other side, but at least turn their back on him and/or hold him accountable.  It's still early days, but so far what I've seen is people deny reality and buy into the lies.  That's scary.  When the topic at hand is crowd size, who cares (and really, who does care?!) but the thought that we might see this type of reaction from his supporters on something that's far more important is terrifying.

• The media still has a long way to go, but it seems like they're getting better at calling him, and members of his administration, out when they lie ...
    Right guys? I hope this isn't just wishful thinking on my part ...
  • @April_May_June Hey now, one person's "lie" is just another person's "alternative facts" 

Seriously though that phrase is hilariously/terrifyingly Orwellian as hell.
    April_May_JuneKingKobra
  • Right??! I heard that and immediately thought:
    Alternative Facts are Double Plus Good!
    War is Peace!
    Freedom is Slavery!

Ugh! To say I'm terrified is an understatement.
  • edited January 2017

I was hoping the media would be fair and truthful, but as they showed over the weekend, they haven't so far.  
       Taking the Press Sec. statement and cutting out the relevant part of "Both" in person and around the world, to any reasonable prudent person, is a deliberate attempt to mislead.

• Hunter said:

I was hoping the media would be fair and truthful, but as they showed over the weekend, they haven't so far.  
       Taking the Press Sec. statement and cutting out the relevant part of "Both" in person and around the world, to any reasonable prudent person, is a deliberate attempt to mislead.

Just curious...  did you watch that first press conference?   The quote was, verbatim, "This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration. Period. Both in person and around the globe." "Both" in person and around the world means "in person" and also "around the world", that's what the word "both" means, I think most reasonable people would agree on that.  If he's saying that it was the most people in person (which he did), then that's obviously untrue.  If he's also saying the most around the world, there's no way to know that one way or the other so just stating it as true "period" doesn't hold much water.  He also said other demonstrably false stuff about the grass cover and the metro ridership.  It doesn't matter, really, they're pointless things, but I'm very curious how the you arrive at the conclusion that the media was unfair and untruthful about it?
    HunterVasilnate1
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Did y'all see how they're using 'Alternative Dates' now too?  God help us all. 

• edited January 2017
    Hunter said:

No, to any reasonable person, what the press secretary said was an attempt to mislead. It is unthinkable to me that anyone would be defending that farce, but here's the verbatim statement that Spicer made:

“This was the largest audience to witness an inauguration, period. Both in person and around the globe.”

Except both the in person and the around the globe part are false.
    Sean Spicer claimed, for example:

“We know that 420,000 people used the D.C. public transit
    yesterday, which actually compares to 317,000 who used it for President
    Obama’s last inaugural.”

Both numbers are false. It was 570,557 for the full day of Trump's inauguration and 1.1 million for Obama's first and a little over 700,000 for the second.

He also claimed that

“This was the first time in our nation’s history that floor
    coverings had been used to protect the grass on the mall. That had the
    effect of highlighting any areas in which people were not standing.”

Which is also a lie.

No matter how you slice it, his statement was full of falsehoods. Someone must be living in a bubble to believe what he said was true.

This discussion has been closed.