USA Presidential Election 2016

1212223242527»

Comments

• Nate Silver was the only expert I heard who even gave Trump a slim chance though. When you looked at the data on the morning of Election day it really seemed like a certain Clinton victory. I know I can't be the only one who is remembering this. haha

Even the people who were certain of a Clinton victory were certain that it would be in the 2 to 4 % margin of victory. Of course, all of that mean nothing for current approval ratings.

Polls were within 1.2% points on average of the correct national result. Polls in 3 or 4 states were outside that margin of error, sometimes by as much as 4 or 5%. So not only were national polls pretty good, but even if you assumed that current national polls are making as big a mistake as the worst state polls, you still wouldn't be able to explain away Trump's current -11 net approval rating.
  • If the Dems had run anybody besides Clinton, it wouldn't have even been close.  A likable Dem candidate(Sanders perhaps) could have skipped all 3 debates and still beat Trump, he is that unlikable. Which goes to show how much of a piece of shit she is.  Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have her right now, but she's still a turd, just a more normal manageable turd,  Trump, on the other hand, is uncontrollable diarrhea 
  • If the Dems had run anybody besides Clinton, it wouldn't have even been close.  A likable Dem candidate(Sanders perhaps) could have skipped all 3 debates and still beat Trump, he is that unlikable. Which goes to show how much of a piece of shit she is.  Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have her right now, but she's still a turd, just a more normal manageable turd,  Trump, on the other hand, is uncontrollable diarrhea 

You don't have to be a turd for people to think you're a turd.

I think Sanders would have walked it.
This discussion has been closed.