USA Presidential Election 2016

Comments

• AjasAjas Seattle, WA

This was the gimme of fucking gimmes and we didn't get it done,... we gotta figure out how to get our people out and vote.

Not to beat a dead horse, but we did exactly that -- when Bernie Sanders blew up the "small individual contributor donation" vote.

The lines for Bernie's rallys were INSANE. I said back in February, the only way Trump wins this race is if Hillary is nominated. My scenario was that she would get indicted, but it was a close approximation that played out.

Hillary's collusion with the DNC was another conspiracy theory that became conspiracy fact, and I present to you President Donald Trump. Or... Dare to dream, come January -- President Mike Pence.

darwinfeeshyAntManBee
  • If trump wins he will have pretty much all 3 branches under Rep control. No more checks and balances. He may have the most power a president has had in multiple decades.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    Let us pray Steve Harvey makes an apperance when this is all over...
  • you'd have thought we'd have learned by watching brexit, but nooooooo, we had to go and turn the electoral stupidity up to 11.  

if i didn't have to live here i'd be fascinated by the slow-motion car crash we've just set ourselves up for, but as it is it's just depressing that so many americans apparently want this.
    36MickAntManBee
  • Hatorian said:

If trump wins he will have pretty much all 3 branches under Rep control. No more checks and balances. He may have the most power a president has had in multiple decades.

They won't have 60 in the senate though ... Chuck Schumer is gonna fillibust like no one has fillibusted before.
  • amyja89 said:

The thing is, much like with the Leave campaign here for Brexit, in the aftermath people will soon start to see how much of a fuck up this was because they were lied to, plain and simple. Do some voters really think he's going to build a fucking wall? There isn't going to be any fucking wall.

Leave voters were told that an extra 350 million pounds a year would be spent on the NHS, has that come to fruition? Has it fuck.

Look on the bright side, you might have a terrible four years in social terms, but Trump could do so much damage that he essentially kills the Republican Party for decades to come.

Nah. As a fellow outsider, America is and has always been a fundamentally conservative country, with deep racial, religious and xenophobic roots. I mean just look at how they relate to health care and gun ownership. Other first world countries view it as bizarre. And the fact that they would be willing to elect someone who is openly racist, sexist, and abusive on all levels because he best representes their views and values says it all. 

My heart hurts for the minority of Americans who have to suffer under the tyranny of the majority. 
  • AjasAjas Seattle, WA
    This isn't an "American bigotry won" vote... This is an "America really hates Hillary, and what it perceives she stands for" vote
    BrawnLuke
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Why the hell is PA taking so long to report? All Eastern states should be reported by now. If they wait to call PA until Trump wins I'm calling bowl-shit.
  • Something that I fear we are all over looking, a positive note, a silver lining in all this...

... someday we'll be in our cold, cold graves and at that point, none of this will really matter.
    36Mickhisdudeness915Michelle
  • well, on the bright side...  at least i don't live in ukraine.
  • Also keep in mind we have the inevitable heat death of the universe to look forward to...
    I'm seeing some of these pro-Clinton states with 85-86% reporting and they're not being called for her. WTF? Do they wait until they hit 90% or something??
  • I might actually lose my mind if she loses the electoral and wins the popular vote. 
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    trippy said:

Honestly, I'd prefer Pence..... which I suppose is another aspect of the conspiracy theory.....

A man who literally believes that you can electrocute gay people until they turn straight.

Think I'll steer clear of the States for the next four years, I can't handle strong currents.
    DeeMihai
  • I don't think they call it until all the math adds up. Like if all the big city counties have been reported and the Reps are in the lead, game over.
    BrawnMichelle
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Fox is calling Wisconsin to Trump 30 minutes ago.

Shoulda been Biden vs Kasich.

It's pretty hard to keep the pendulum of power from swinging for 12 years.

• JimJim
    edited November 2016
    Jesus.  These NBC schmucks need to stop calling Trump supporters "the white vote"....  I'm white, and Trump is orange.
    JoshuaHeterBrawnhisdudeness915Michelle36MickDancesWithWookiesDanistampsMrXAntManBee
  • Fuck this shit. I'm out. Hopefully the world is still alive when I wake up tomorrow morning
  • Dummy said:

I might actually lose my mind if she loses the electoral and wins the popular vote. 

prepare yourself to lose your mind because that's almost certainly what's going to happen.

wife is freaking out because he's almost certainly going to repeal or otherwise gut the aca, and we *just* got coverage for our autistic daughter to help pay for her schooling.  judging by the way he mocks the disabled, i doubt if it'll be high on his priorities list to do anything to help take care of autistic children.
    Can someone please explain why states with less % reporting are called before states with a higher % reporting???
    Angie, they just called Iowa with less than 90% yet PA is at 92% and they're still saying it's too early to call.
  • Michelle said:

Can someone please explain why states with less % reporting are called before states with a higher % reporting???

pretty sure they base it on the statistical uncertainty based on results and exit polling.
  • Ajas said:

This was the gimme of fucking gimmes and we didn't get it done,... we gotta figure out how to get our people out and vote.

Not to beat a dead horse, but we did exactly that -- when Bernie Sanders blew up the "small individual contributor donation" vote.

The lines for Bernie's rallys were INSANE. I said back in February, the only way Trump wins this race is if Hillary is nominated. My scenario was that she would get indicted, but it was a close approximation that played out.

Hillary's collusion with the DNC was another conspiracy theory that became conspiracy fact, and I present to you President Donald Trump. Or... Dare to dream, come January -- President Mike Pence.

No thank you. Not today, please. 
    Look with all due respect this is absolutely true and if the democratic party ignores populism AGAIN and blames his supporters rather than taking stock and seeing that america is sick of corporatist democrats we're going to fucking lose every time. Bernie polled at 10 plus points better than Trump consistently. This shit isn't suprising. I voted for Hillary, but if we don't learn the right lessons from this election, this is just the tip of the iceberg.
    darwinfeeshy36MickAntManBee
  • Michelle said:

Considering the obvious flaws in polling prior to the election I don't know how valid these calls are...but...

I believe a significant amount of tracking is at the county level (or whatever your state calls it). Also, I believe - correct me if I am wrong - the percentages are %s of precincts, not individuals. To exaggerate to show a point, if 90% of the voters are in 10% of the precincts, you could potentially call a state early in terms of reporting %.
This discussion has been closed.