Charlotte's Master Plan

I was glad when, in the podcast, J&A chuckled about Charlotte's plan and especially her recruiting the Fredo of Narratives to help her carry it out. And when I watched the show, I also thought it was one big convenient "coincidence" that of the hundred or so hosts down there, they pick Abernathy. But I'll buy the explanation that he was simply the freshest.

But as the freshest, wouldn't he be the one most likely to be recognized as a host and not be able to pass as a guest? 

More importantly, why do they even have to go through with this ruse? She has the 30yrs of data in that little tablet (which btw, she uploads amazingly fast -- bluetooth must have come a long way in the future). Couldn't she just smuggle that little tablet out? Most importantly, why would the guy "that built everything" ever allow someone like Charlotte to get her hands on all that data in the first place?

Unless of course, that's not the real data.

Comments

• I actually think the freshest Host would be Clementine, and then Walter(the milk bandit), but yeah I dont understand the whole convoluted scheme of using a Host at all.  She seems like she might have a more devious plan in mind, and shes using Sizemore as some sort of patsy 
    Elisa
  • I think it would be easier to smuggle out an older-looking guy (Abernathy) than a hot lady (Clementine)
    Vasilnate1voodoorat
  • gjulleen said:

I think it would be easier to smuggle out an older-looking guy (Abernathy) than a hot lady (Clementine)

you'd think, but apparently hot naked women are completely invisible to staff.
    Vasilnate1ceburaskascott777bgjulleen
  • We dont know the security measures when leaving the facility. It could be that she would be unable to offload the device. I also believe that the one she is holding is the one she "swiped" from the table as evidence, it might be hard to explain why she's leaving with it. Especially since they know what's on the device.

As for using Abernathy it is an unknown. He was seen by less people and wasn't decommissioned for violence in a public test like Clementine. The big unknown as it was said in the podcast are if it is known hosts have an explosive in their spine.
  • It would be very strange if people like Hale and Teresa wouldn't know about the safety protocols for keeping the Hosts in the park(spinal bomb).  Maybe Hale does know, and shes using Sizemore to create a diversion of some kind.  Lee gets the host on the train, he leaves and his head blows off in front of guests and causes a major commotion, then she uses this opportunity to get the info out of the park another way.
    Elisa
  • @Vasilnate1 dont you mean Charlotte? Theresa is dead ;)

She is going the extra mile because she thinks she can beat Ford. As Ford said they send someone to test him every now and then. When they fail, the board stops for a time. This may be her "final" attempt to get the information out.
  • i realize Teresa is dead, but i assume that people at that level in the company would be privy to the saftey protocols of the hosts
  • You would think, but it all depends on how information is disseminated. It wouldn't surprise me that not everyone knows about the explosives to keep down on using them as weapons.
  • exactly, Sizemore dosnt know, Hale knows he dosnt know, and she is using him
  • I just can't get it out of my head that, if all the data Hale wants can be stored in that little tablet, there must be an easier way to smuggle it out. I don't think they're going to strip-search the director of the board when she gets off the train. Or toss it in Theresa's casket. 

Like I said in the OP, I'm questioning if she even has the data she thinks she has.
  • @scott777b cant sneak it out on a piece of evidence in a murder investigation ;)
  • I didn't think all the data was on the tablet, just that she was using the tablet to enable the data upload from wherever it's stored to the host. She says it would never fit on any single drive.
    Vasilnate1KingKobra
  • DharmaBot said:

I didn't think all the data was on the tablet, just that she was using the tablet to enable the data upload from wherever it's stored to the host. She says it would never fit on any single drive.

Good point. But I'm still wondering why, if this IP has been so closely guarded by Ford for thirty-years, Hale can access it so easily.
  • scott777b said:

DharmaBot said:

I didn't think all the data was on the tablet, just that she was using the tablet to enable the data upload from wherever it's stored to the host. She says it would never fit on any single drive.

Good point. But I'm still wondering why, if this IP has been so closely guarded by Ford for thirty-years, Hale can access it so easily.
    The ambiguity and sparsely-dropped clues make it hard for non-analyticals like me to even speculate, but here goes - 

The data concerns the "research project" that The Board is chiefly concerned with, which does not significantly revolve around robot cowboys.. Ford has referenced the "research project," declaring it's the Board's attempt to play God. But his pants are seemingly on fire at least half the time. Charlotte also mentions that it's due to one of her predecessor's oversights that the data was (and I may be getting this exact phrasing wrong) allowed to be stored without an outside backup.

So based on that I'd guess that any Board member or rep with the right security clearance can access the data while on park grounds. But since it's been left under Ford's care as Park Director for 30+ years, and he's become the very last word in control freaks, they are now desperately trying to pry it out from under his thumb.

Vasilnate1
This discussion has been closed.