What are you binging right now?

Comments

• bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    We started watching 30 Rock to complete our rewatch of the murderers row of that late 00's NBC comedy lineup with The Office, Parks and Rec, Community and 30 Rock. 30 Rock is the only one I never really watched and so far it's OK, I'm assuming it'll be better as it goes like the way Parks and Rec progressed. It's hard to follow Community which after that rewatch is now somewhere in my all time show list and definitely at the top of the sitcoms.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Travis said:
    @Garthgou81 I need to rewatch season 1 and do fear a little recency bias, but I think I liked season 2 even more. I did get SUPER into season 1, but man it gets pretty batshit in a really good way. I don't think you'll be disappointed. We finished it up a couple of days ago and were both super psyched with how it all went, and also super bummed to be done.
    Have they said anything about a Season 3? And maybe you can't say anything more without ruining the end the season, because I adored how Season 1 ended and how they left things.

If any Bald Movers are looking for a quick watch with all kinds of twists and turns and a pitch-black sense of humor, give Dead to Me a shot. Granted I am also a sucker for Linda Cardellini, so take that for what it is worth. 
    Teresa from Concord
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Anyone else going to jump in to The Great on Hulu? Made by the people that made The Favourite.
    Elisa
  • MichelleMichelle California
    fidoz said:
    Anyone else going to jump in to The Great on Hulu? Made by the people that made The Favourite.
    Yes!  I've been waiting for this to hit!  It looks pretty good.
    fidozBrieanne
  • I'm in love with Devs. Was skeptical on the first two episodes. It was interesting, but very mellow and deliberate. I became intrigued with Ep 3 and 4 and would like to know more about the potential of what they are working on. On ep 6 now, and am totally captivated. I want to know more about the macro implications, but I feel like they are going to keep the story focused on the personal impact to the principal characters.
    bizmarkiefaderawookieeElisa
  • Glad you wrote this.  I don't want to delve into the actual show topics because I'm where you are in the show.  Love the concepts and such.  

Do have arkcrawf said:
    I'm in love with Devs. Was skeptical on the first two episodes. It was interesting, but very mellow and deliberate. I became intrigued with Ep 3 and 4 and would like to know more about the potential of what they are working on. On ep 6 now, and am totally captivated. I want to know more about the macro implications, but I feel like they are going to keep the story focused on the personal impact to the principal characters.

concern about the acting though.  Sonoya Mizuno seems pretty stilted and wooden at various times throughout the show so far, and I feel like Alison Pill would have been a better choice of actor for Lily.

awookiee
  • 7 episodes into Succession, which ended up being more addictive than I thought it would be. Turns out a darker, less likable version of Arrested Development appeals to me. Is this what shows like Dirty Sexy Money were like?
    NoelDoctor_Nickawookiee
  • UnderwoodUnderwood Philadelphia, PA
    @jluzania My roommate and I binged Succession like two months ago. It kept getting better and better. By season two I honestly would classify it more of a comedy than a drama, it was hilarious. Roman has some of the best one liners ever!
    awookieejluzania
  • Is Bald Move up for a rousing game of Boar on the Floor?  I know I am.
    Noelawookiee
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    With the recent death of Lynn Shelton, I'm gonna binge Glow. 
    GredalBee
  • I'm late to the party, but Daredevil was a hell of a show and I'm bummed it was canceled.  I guess I'll poke around The Defenders to complete Matt Murdock's story, but I'm going to miss those characters.
    Teresa from Concordjluzania
  • Well, Succession was fun. Looking forward to season 3!

Just saw that Escape at Dannemora is available on Prime, so jumping into that. 
    Elisa
    Guys, I know that the Quarantine/Zoom episodes are all the rage these days. But Mythic Quest absolutely knocked it out of the park. Just saying, give that show a shot. It a typical sitcom when it wants to be, but also knows how to pull out the big guns. I was a wreck last night. 
    Chinaski
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Binging tha fukk out of The Last Dance right now. Had left it at episode 2 but picked it up this weekend and motoring through it.  Added little pleasant random surprise is that my wife is way into it.  I feel hours of 2K coming when this is over... 
    NoelCory
    Finished. Consensus with my wife was Last Dance is the greatest Rockets documentary ever. 
    Noel
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    cdrive said:
    Finished. Consensus with my wife was Last Dance is the greatest Rockets documentary ever. 
    The end of episode 7 is some of the best documentary work I’ve ever seen. Just to see a mythical figure like Jordan look so human for once was incredible. 
    Chinaskicdrive
    Yes. I had to get my Rockets shot in but when they showed MJ crying like that...I don’t know how that doesn’t get anyone verklempt. I knew it was coming too cause of people on Twitter.  We’ve all seen the footage but that was the first time I think we heard the audio.  That poor man was devastated by the loss of his father.  His parents were so good and loving. 
    Noel
  • edited May 2020
    The Last Kingdom

Enjoyed binging the latest season of the TV version of the great Bernard Cornwell series. Good adaption of the material. I always wonder why they change the things they change in adaptations. OK with most of them in this series.

The one little change that drives me mad is changing Uhtred's mantra Wyrd bið ful āræd (Fate is inexorable) to the ridiculous Destiny is all! I guess for the sole reason of keeping people from picking up a dictionary.

If you are interesting in the series the audiobooks are pretty good. Not one consistent narrator but one guy does most of them.

BroRad33Elisa
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    So after binging all of Run season 1 and the first 2 seasons of GLOW, one thing seems clear. Harry Crane is a professional cuck. 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Nurse Jackie - I watched and enjoyed it back when it was on TV but haven’t seen it since, my daughter had never seen it. We are about halfway through S4 and it’s so good. I love how Jackie is just allowed to be so shady and awful as a lead character - so rare for a female lead - but you still love her because it’s Edie Falco, and who doesn’t love Edie Falco. 

This show also made Merritt Wever my favourite actress, and no regrets. She is just delightful. 
  • Almost done "The Great" its pretty good. The tone is all over the place, but its entertaining. Huzzah!
  • edited May 2020
    I'm about 7 episodes away from being caught up on The Handmaids Tale and damn I'm glad I'm in a decent headspace because this shit is utterly horrifying and depressing. I don't know how Elizabeth Moss can keep doing roles like these and stay sane.
  • Finished Escape at Dannemora and jumped into Russian Doll. Only 25 minute episodes! All right! Should be an easy watch. 
  • Finished ZeroZeroZero, thought it was amazing. Some GREAT acting performances and cinematography. Had a cool storytelling element in quite a few episodes where time chronology is switched around. 
    Noel
    fidoz said:
    So after binging all of Run season 1 and the first 2 seasons of GLOW, one thing seems clear. Harry Crane is a professional cuck. 
    What did you think of Run? I was disappointed by the finale but I thought most everything was very well done. 
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    fidoz said:
    What did you think of Run? I was disappointed by the finale but I thought most everything was very well done. 
    I pretty much hate watched the second half. I thought the characters were completely unlikeable. At the end, I thought they deserved each other. I couldn't decide which was worse the video Billy made or Ruby reading someone else's private email without permission. 
  • My husband and I are re-watching VEEP. I've heard that it is the most accurate tv depiction of politics, which is.....so sad but pretty believable.
  • I finished Doom Patrol on HBO MAX. I enjoyed it. Strange how one show can be silly and humorous but also so dark. Season 2 coming in June.

• GredalBee said:
    I'm late to the party, but Daredevil was a hell of a show and I'm bummed it was canceled.  I guess I'll poke around The Defenders to complete Matt Murdock's story, but I'm going to miss those characters.

Not necessarily a spoiler and you probably know this by now but The Defenders takes place between seasons 2 & 3 of Daredevil.
  • My wife and I just finished Ozark. Great show and I can definitely understand its comparison to Breaking Bad. Right now I'm binging Bosch. Great old school detective procedural and I've been thoroughly enjoying it. Just started season 5 and it's interesting the amount of Walking Dead alum is in this season. Granted, Madison Lintz has been on it from the start But this season also has Jeff Kober (Joe of the Claimers) and Ryan Hurst (Beta). I'm sure if I dug deep enough there are others.

But in any event, I recommend Bosch. Good stuff.
    CapeGabe