What are you binging right now?

Comments

• Dee said:
    Dee said:
    I signed up to Amazon Prime while The Boys is on and while I was tooling around seeing what else they had, I stumbled on this gem of a show called Loudermilk. Starring Ron Livingston and Will Sasso, it’s about a cranky jerk who leads a sober living group. It’s super low key and not really any other big names in it (though AHS watchers will recognise Mat Fraser), but it’s surprisingly easy to watch given the subject matter, and I ploughed through two seasons in a few days while I’ve been on holiday. 
    I found out last week that Season 3 of this was released over New Year so I’ve just finished catching up. This show is CRIMINALLY underseen. From what I can gather it was on some obscure streaming app that no longer exists, and S3 was picked up by Amazon. I don’t know if they have the first two seasons as well in US, but it is absolutely worth seeking out. It’s funny, but it also doesn’t shy away from the subject of substance abuse. Ron Livingston is just so good as a smart but cynical Gen Xer whose life fell apart due to alcoholism. Will Sasso is Will Sasso and who doesn’t love that? The sober living group are all great too. 

Guys, someone watch this so I have people to talk about it with! 
    Doesn't look like it's available in the US. :( 
  • Dee said:
    Dee said:
    I signed up to Amazon Prime while The Boys is on and while I was tooling around seeing what else they had, I stumbled on this gem of a show called Loudermilk. Starring Ron Livingston and Will Sasso, it’s about a cranky jerk who leads a sober living group. It’s super low key and not really any other big names in it (though AHS watchers will recognise Mat Fraser), but it’s surprisingly easy to watch given the subject matter, and I ploughed through two seasons in a few days while I’ve been on holiday. 
    I found out last week that Season 3 of this was released over New Year so I’ve just finished catching up. This show is CRIMINALLY underseen. From what I can gather it was on some obscure streaming app that no longer exists, and S3 was picked up by Amazon. I don’t know if they have the first two seasons as well in US, but it is absolutely worth seeking out. It’s funny, but it also doesn’t shy away from the subject of substance abuse. Ron Livingston is just so good as a smart but cynical Gen Xer whose life fell apart due to alcoholism. Will Sasso is Will Sasso and who doesn’t love that? The sober living group are all great too. 

Guys, someone watch this so I have people to talk about it with! 
    Unfortunately not on prime here. 
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I couldn't find it anywhere in the states either. Bummer. The trailer looks really good. 
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Just got free Hulu and realized all seasons of top chef is available. I never saw the first six seasons. Binged season 1 and 2. Shocked at how mean many of the contestants were in season 2. Out of all the ones I’ve seen overall these guys were the worst. 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Damn, that’s ridiculous! 
  • Marcel wuz robbed.

Just got free Hulu and realized all seasons of top chef is available. I never saw the first six seasons. Binged season 1 and 2. Shocked at how mean many of the contestants were in season 2. Out of all the ones I’ve seen overall these guys were the worst. 

Teresa from Concord
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Truth Seekers!  So fun.  I can see why the Jim Jones household is having so much fun with it.  
    mostlywright
  • cdrive said:
    Truth Seekers!  So fun.  I can see why the Jim Jones household is having so much fun with it.  
    I started watching this because it sounded entertaining. I was unsure the first few minutes...binged the whole thing. I loved it so much! The perfect blend of quirk and sweetness. I so hope the series continues!!

cdrive
  • MichelleMichelle California
    The inauguration! :heart:
    mostlywrightcdrive
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    We just hit season 6 of Supernatural and people were not kidding about the dropoff after the first five seasons. They did a good job wrapping everything up at the end of season 5 with apocalypse level stakes and dramatic conclusions for everyone, it's kind of a shame they didn't just end it there. Hopefully there's some stuff in later seasons that makes it worth it.
    cdrive said:
    Just watched the trailer and the humor is tight up my alley. But I’m a huge wuss with scary movies. Do you consider this scary?

To level set - I couldn’t watch the movie Us. Like I said. I’m a wuss. 
  • Over the last couple of months I've done a re-watch of LOST with my cousin - who'd never seen any of it before.  I was a harsh critic of the last couple of seasons, but I have to say that it has aged well.  I think a couple of things helped me enjoy it much more this time around.  First, I knew where the series was going so I didn't get caught up in the things that I knew weren't all that important.  Also, I think a huge part of LOST was the community that sprung up around it and how everyone watched it - the week between episodes most people I knew obsessed over various theories etc.  I think a lot of people soured on the show when their pet theory didn't pan out after 6 years of investment.  The fact that we binged it meant that we were spared all the time and energy analyzing the show as we just went from one episode to the next.  I think with only weeks/months invested we weren't all that let down when the show didn't quite deliver on some plot points that we wanted more from.
    Michelle
  • cdrive said:
    Just watched the trailer and the humor is tight up my alley. But I’m a huge wuss with scary movies. Do you consider this scary?

Teresa-I am 100% same! I won't even watch scary stuff on TV like American Horror Story. But I loved this! It is suspenseful and a great spooky vibe-but watchable even for us wuss types. 
    Teresa from Concord
  • lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    We just hit season 6 of Supernatural and people were not kidding about the dropoff after the first five seasons. [...] Hopefully there's some stuff in later seasons that makes it worth it.
    I hear there is but I stopped at the end of season 5 and so far am sticking with that decision.  Was also getting tired of Jared's three expressions.

For anyone who hasn't watched, the first five seasons are endlessly inventive, entertaining, and a complete story arc. 

bizmarkiefader
    cdrive said:

Nah, not scary. Spooky but not scary. You’ll be alright!

@mostlywright, maybe try Extra Ordinary next! :)
    mostlywrightTeresa from Concordbizmarkiefader
  • @CretanBull thanks for sharing that regarding Lost. I have never watched it and at some point in time I want to watch through all of it but it's quite the commitment to make at 121 episodes long. It'll have to be during a lull in shows being released but that reaffirmed my commitment to watch it at some point. 
    CretanBull
  • I just finished watching all three seasons of Twin Peaks. Amazing and challenging, I loved it. 
    ElisaWarpedCore
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I just finished watching all three seasons of Twin Peaks. Amazing and challenging, I loved it. 
    Had you seen the first two seasons prior? It has been a handful of years since I watched them and am trying to figure out if I should go back and watch again for a refresher. That second season has lots of wheel-spinning if memory serves. 
  • I just finished watching all three seasons of Twin Peaks. Amazing and challenging, I loved it. 
    Had you seen the first two seasons prior? It has been a handful of years since I watched them and am trying to figure out if I should go back and watch again for a refresher. That second season has lots of wheel-spinning if memory serves. 
    I think I had seen the pilot and black lodge stuff through pop culture references but i went in with no other knowledge. High points for me were the performances by Grace Zabriskie, David Lynch, and of course Kyle MacLachlan. Also loved Hawk, Andy, and Audrey. And I’m still thinking about that Chromatics performance in s3e2.
    Elisa
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Over the last couple of months I've done a re-watch of LOST with my cousin - who'd never seen any of it before.  I was a harsh critic of the last couple of seasons, but I have to say that it has aged well.  I think a couple of things helped me enjoy it much more this time around.  First, I knew where the series was going so I didn't get caught up in the things that I knew weren't all that important.  Also, I think a huge part of LOST was the community that sprung up around it and how everyone watched it - the week between episodes most people I knew obsessed over various theories etc.  I think a lot of people soured on the show when their pet theory didn't pan out after 6 years of investment.  The fact that we binged it meant that we were spared all the time and energy analyzing the show as we just went from one episode to the next.  I think with only weeks/months invested we weren't all that let down when the show didn't quite deliver on some plot points that we wanted more from.
    Where is the ‘love’ reaction button? :heart:
    I’ve been listening to two different rewatch podcasts (Down The Hatch and The Storm), and have been really loving diving into exploring the episodes with new ‘eyes’ now.
    mostlywrightCretanBull
  • cdrive said:
    cdrive said:

cdrive-getting ready to snuggle in with the doggos and partake of some quality tv. Am I correct in assuming the Extra Ordinary you are referring to is a movie? Starring **shudder** Will Forte? My feelings about Mr. Forte aside, this movie looks perfect-so even if this is not what you were suggesting I'll enjoy the ride. 
    cdrive
    cdrive said:
    cdrive said:

cdrive-getting ready to snuggle in with the doggos and partake of some quality tv. Am I correct in assuming the Extra Ordinary you are referring to is a movie? Starring **shudder** Will Forte? My feelings about Mr. Forte aside, this movie looks perfect-so even if this is not what you were suggesting I'll enjoy the ride. 
    Yep, a movie and that’s the one! Let me know whatchya think! 
  • @cdrive  
    Loved the movie! Definite Truth Seeker vibes. When the goat exploded, I had the first really good laugh of 2021. Thanks! 
    cdrive
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited January 23
    Just started Lupin on Netflix, really fun new French heist show. Would definitely recommend folks check it out, looking forward to digging into more episodes this weekend.

Also I finished two new PBS Masterpiece shows that I recommend: 

"All Creatures Great and Small" which is the most charming and relaxing show I've watched in a long time. With lots of cute animals!

And "Miss Scarlet and the Duke" is an entertaining pulpy detective show set in Victorian London. Great chemistry between the two leads.
    mostlywright
  • MrX said:
    We've been watching All Creatures Great and Small on PBS and it's quite delightful. Anyone else watching?
    Yeah, I don't have Passport, so I'm watching it weekly. Two episodes in, I'm liking it so far. I see why UK audiences enjoyed it during the pandemic. Just the kind of light, breezy feel good stuff you might look for right now. Plus a grown up Harry Potter alum!
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I thought you were all getting into the All Creatures from the 1980s until I looked it up - didn’t even know there was a remake. 
    MrX
    Started the Flight Attendant. I’m hooked!
    bizmarkiefader
  • Started the Flight Attendant. I’m hooked!
    I Binged the Flight Attendant. That was fun. I also binged Cobra Kai (IDK Why) it's not like it's great, but once you start you want to see what's next and each episode is so short it's not a major commitment.
    But by far my favorite Re-Binge was watching Counterpart. What a totally underrated show. Just seeing how jacked up J.K. Simmons got for that show at his age was impressive enough. I would have loved to see another season or 2, but I think 2 seasons was actually perfect. 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    i enjoyed the Flight Attendant for several eps.. then it got dumb, eye-rolling and cliche. yeah eff that show.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Chinaski said:
    i enjoyed the Flight Attendant for several eps.. then it got dumb, eye-rolling and cliche. yeah eff that show.
    Same. I didn’t hate it really, I just thought it was kind of dumb and it wasn’t holding my attention.