Trailers and Upcoming Movies Thread

Comments

• How the fuck is Han back? I knew they were going to do this eventually but still, what the hell. I hope they have a better explanation than him jumping out at the last second into a helicopter or actually he was wearing some James Bond anti explosion suit.

Yeah I have no clue how they are going to pull that one off in even a decent way.  Is Gal Gadot's character coming back next movie then?
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    The Jesus Rolls (Big Lebowski Spinoff)

Freddy
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    ^gahhh! You beat me to it!
    Chinaski
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited February 2020
    I'm all in, but Jesus (bad pun intended), how are they going to deal with the pedophile aspect of his character?
    Wes Anderson flick

CecilycdriveMrX
    Chinaski said:
    Wes Anderson flick

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Shhhhhheeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
    Teresa from Concord
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Chinaski said:
    Wes Anderson flick

This looks like the Wes Andersoniest Wes Anderson movie that ever Wes Andersoned.
    CapeGabeMurderbearChinaskiTeresa from ConcordcdriveMrX
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Downhill is such a good concept for a movie. I can't believe someone hasn't made that movie already...oh wait, Force Majeure already exists. (Great movie, check it out if you haven't) I think they put Kristofer Hivju (Tormund from Game of Thrones) in this one because he was in the original to give themselves some cred? I don't know. I love Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Will Ferrell is alright but I fell like I can safely assume the original will be better.
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Downhill is such a good concept for a movie. I can't believe someone hasn't made that movie already...oh wait, Force Majeure already exists. (Great movie, check it out if you haven't) I think they put Kristofer Hivju (Tormund from Game of Thrones) in this one because he was in the original to give themselves some cred? I don't know. I love Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Will Ferrell is alright but I fell like I can safely assume the original will be better.

Oh what a shame this isn't good. I'm all for remaking movies into my own language. I appreciate understanding the subtleties of dialogue and not reading it. BUT yes, Force Majeure is really excellent.
    Dee said:
    Chinaski said:
    Wes Anderson flick

This looks like the Wes Andersoniest Wes Anderson movie that ever Wes Andersoned.
    Reminds me of this Washateria I love to drive by sometimes because it’s so #UnintentionallyWesAnderson 

https://goo.gl/maps/N1uTwsifLFRYX7gn6
    Dee
  • Chinaski said:
    Wes Anderson flick

That cast tho'. Goddamn.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Freddy said:
    I'm all in, but Jesus (bad pun intended), how are they going to deal with the pedophile aspect of his character?
    Yeah, I was wondering that same thing. In the few minutes of screen time he had in The Big Lebowski, that was the big take away. 
  • I’m sure it will be a flashback of him arguing with some dude and in the heat of the moment he drops his pants to tel him suck his *** and doesn’t realise there is an 8 year old kid behind him or something.

It would be hard to enjoy the movie if they don’t address it or address that he actually is a straight up pedo. 
  • Also the trailer says 1 more time and you’re away for life referencing the 3 strikes felony rule. So he probably goes to jail for something similar and that’s how we get the flashback. 
    Eli Roth to Direct ‘Borderlands’ Movie for Lionsgate

Man A24 really likes to slowly rotate the camera upside down.  They did it for Hereditary and Midsommar and now its in the Saint Maud trailer and the Green Knight trailer.  Maybe use a little more sparingly to not dampen the effect?
    cdrive said:
    Man A24 really likes to slowly rotate the camera upside down.  They did it for Hereditary and Midsommar and now its in the Saint Maud trailer and the Green Knight trailer.  Maybe use a little more sparingly to not dampen the effect?
    St. Maud looks absolutely terrifying
    cdrive
    ^yeah it does! 
    edited March 2020
    Did we miss this one?

High scores on rotten tomatoes.  Looks like another technicolor mind-fucker a la Mandy.
    bizmarkiefaderChinaskiFreddy
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    @cdrive I heard this movie was great and weird so I'm excited but I had no idea Richard Stanley was involved. That's such a wild card, now I need to know how this movie happened. For anyone who doesn't know he's the original director behind that absolutely insane Island of Dr Moreau movie in the 90s with Val Kilmer and Marlon Brando that was so cursed they made a documentary about the production. By the end of it he had been kicked off the set and was sneaking back in animal costumes and partying with the rest of the crew. It was bananas.
    Freddycdrive
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    @cdrive I heard this movie was great and weird so I'm excited but I had no idea Richard Stanley was involved. That's such a wild card, now I need to know how this movie happened. For anyone who doesn't know he's the original director behind that absolutely insane Island of Dr Moreau movie in the 90s with Val Kilmer and Marlon Brando that was so cursed they made a documentary about the production. By the end of it he had been kicked off the set and was sneaking back in animal costumes and partying with the rest of the crew. It was bananas.
    Great little bit with Louis CK and Ron Perlman talking about it:
    Starts at around 1:20

cdrive
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    The documentary about that movie is really good. It was free on something for a while but I don't know where it's streaming now other than the pay places

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y_wLNe15x0
    Freddy
    My 4K arrived today. I’ll report back. I remember reading that Richard Stanley plans for this to be the first in a trinity of Lovecraft flicks. 
    bizmarkiefader
  • edited March 2020
    Anybody else see that they are pushing back the release date for the new James Bond movie because of the Corona Virus?  Was supposed to come out on April 10th now they are saying the new release date is November 25th.  I'll be curious to see if any other big name movies end up delaying their release because China is the number 2 box office. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/04/media/no-time-to-die-coronavirus/index.html
    Chinaski
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    awookiee said:
    Anybody else see that they are pushing back the release date for the new James Bond movie because of the Corona Virus?  Was supposed to come out on April 10th now they are saying the new release date is November 25th.  I'll be curious to see if any other big name movies end up delaying their release because China is the number 2 box office. 

Pushed all the way to November? Do they know something we don't?
  • awookiee said:

I feel like mentioning that the title to the new film being "No Time to Die" is quite ironic.  
    Teresa from Concord
    i am super pumped for this!

Hatorian
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    awookiee said:

That was probably the next available slot for the correct demo. If you look at the slate of movie releases, the weekends get surprisingly crowded.