Trailers and Upcoming Movies Thread

1192021222325»

Comments

• bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco

Granted I have never seen a Fast & Furious movie...but good god. Is that what they are all like? Or has it just be a steady ramp-up of preposterous action?

From 4 on they become increasingly ridiculous but great heist movies. I'm definitely in the minority who like 1-3 more but my friend group has the entirety of the first movie memorized and we were there for racing modified imports with their dumb underlights and all the extremely silly "danger to manifold" type pseudo engineering. That's probably why my favorite one is Tokyo Drift (3) which is the one everyone else hates because it doesn't have Walker or Diesel in it.

4 and onword they pretty much abandon racing entirely, I quit the franchise for years when during 5 they actually do race to win a car they need for a heist but they don't show any of the race, they just cut to Paul Walker pulling into the garage with the car to talk about how they're going to disarm a safe or some shit. It took me years to appreciate them for what they are (it was actually the Giant Bomb film and 40s they did on the entire series).

Basically if you can deal with the civics and supras in 1-3 which are even sillier now than they were in 2000, you will eventually get to The Rock riding around in humvees with rocket launchers and launching custom made cars off of trains and destroying entire cities with the power of Vin Diesel's muscle cars.
  • Shang-Chi looks like ... a pretty badass martial arts movies. Marvel - hey maybe they know what they're doing!

awookiee
  • JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    Steven Spielberg’s West Side Story... looks pretty good.

https://youtu.be/1NVobQjj6uY
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    It’s a beat for beat remix? I thought it would be modern day. 
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    This gets me excited for the movies. On your left...

awookiee