Question Concerning Dragons and Dany's Resistance to Fire

Does Dany's resistance to fire have anything to do with the Dragons? They're said to be magical creatures, so I am wondering if her relationship towards them would be affecting her magically as well and be what's granting her the resistance to fire?  And my follow question is if a Dragon dies, does that decrease that fire resistance and if all dragons die does Dany lose her Fire Proof status? 

Comments

• It's a show thing. GRRM said the birth of the dragons was a one time magical event. Which means she is as fireproof as the plot needs her to be.
  • I know it's a show thing. That's irrelevant as I am talking about the show and not the books. 
  • I don't think anyone will have he answers you're looking for. If you want to ask the book/lore knowledgeable the. The spoillore thread may be better.
  • But my question is only concerning the show.... and not the books. 
  • Gan said:

But my question is only concerning the show.... and not the books. 

We don't know the answer to either as nothing has been shown or said about either. There could be lore, but that would be outside of the show related.
  • I thought it was mentioned in the show that Dragons could be magical? I was just theorizing if the dragons were then that may have been the reason why Dany was fire proof in the show. Anyway, I guess it's a moot point if it's not really any lore. Owell. 

• Gan said:

I thought it was mentioned in the show that Dragons could be magical? I was just theorizing if the dragons were then that may have been the reason why Dany was fire proof in the show. Anyway, I guess it's a moot point if it's not really any lore. Owell. 

Ehhh not really, the red comet from S01 basically set up the "return" of magic and Dragons, etc. nothing on the show to my knowledge would answer the specific questions you have. More outside of the show (books) may be a different story, is not familiar enough with that lore to give a good answer.
  • nah not lore just made up.
    KingKobra
  • Tom_ATom_A Carcosa
    who knows... we don't really have any explaination of why dany is the way she is
  • In the show Danny was at least fire resistant if not fire proof from the beginning. In season 1 ep1 she taking a bath in scalding water. Later in the season she tried to hatch the dragon eggs by putting them on a fire. She picks them up her handmaiden take the egg from her and gets burnt. Danny is unburt. The comet doesn't appear until season two after the dragons are born.
    Jon definitely was not fire proof before the dragons hatched. He was burnt by a lantern when he set the wight on fire.
    After the dragon came into the world, spells started working again. This could be the comet or the dragons. The Warlocks believed that it was the dragons and the closer they were to the dragon agony the more powerful the spells would be. Also in kings landing the pyromancers wildfire spells that hadn't worked in over a hundred started working and they didn't know why.
    MurderbearKingKobraElisa
  • edited August 2017

If Cersei tries to capture Danerys so her Dragons can't attack she might be in for a surprise.  They could light kings landing up with Dany just walking out of the fire unburnt again. That's probably what's going to happen since everybody loved the burning of the khals. It would also be a callback to the Septa.

• It would actually be funny if Cersei takes Dany hostage and tries to burn Dany to death only to watch Dany just sitting/standing there smiling refusing to burn.
  • The problem with my theory is that Jaimie already confirmed he survived this season. :-(

dochielomn

They can take up a book plotline and offer her some honeyed locusts, directly from Mereen just as you like them :-)

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    @Schlupp Hey, thanks for spoiling that.
    KingKobra
  • Well, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau said in an interview they will start filming the last season in October, maybe he was trolling the Internet ...
  • Schlupp said:

Well, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau said in an interview they will start filming the last season in October, maybe he was trolling the Internet ...

Jaimie's point was that this isn't "well known". Everyone dosent read every interview or piece about GoT ;) so by saying that you could for sure be spoiling something, even if it is out in the public view. EW is famous for posting spoilers, which is why I know avoid them like the plague.
  • Ok, sorry for that.  Maybe next episode will be the conclusion of the whole series and season 8 will just be flashbacks how we got there. Then it wouldn't be a spoiler. :-)
This discussion has been closed.