U.S. Politics episode 4: A New Thread

Comments

• FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    So, if
    LordBy said:
    So he grabs genitals with no warning or consent, and then they don’t stop him so he considers that some kind of consent after the fact, and that’s okay?

I’m sure every woman was totally for it and their “letting” him had nothing to do with a lack of warning, shock, or intimidation by his wealth and fame.

So you commit sexual assault, dare the victim to do something about it, and if they don’t then it’s consensual? That is some really messed up Harvey Weinstein level reasoning.
    Or, in some cases, the fact that he was their employer.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Alkaid13 said:
    Who are those 2% of Alabama dems who voted for Moore though?
    Alkaid13 said:
    Who are those 2% of Alabama dems who voted for Moore though?
    I was wondering that myself.  It could be blue-collar type Democrats who voted for Trump and haven't officially changed their party status? 
    Just because you’re registered as a Democrat, doesn’t mean you ARE one (and thus vote that way). I know people who registered as republicans just so that they could vote in primary last year. People get lazy and they never change it back. So while they may be registered as “insert political group here” the could actually be a “insert political group here”. 
    CretanBull
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    gguenotApril_May_JuneDoctor_NickPhoebes89Frakkin TemnofseattleLordByCretanBullGredalBee
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    LordBy said:
    So he grabs genitals with no warning or consent, and then they don’t stop him so he considers that some kind of consent after the fact, and that’s okay?

I’m sure every woman was totally for it and their “letting” him had nothing to do with a lack of warning, shock, or intimidation by his wealth and fame.

So you commit sexual assault, dare the victim to do something about it, and if they don’t then it’s consensual? That is some really messed up Harvey Weinstein level reasoning.
    You are free to presume whatever you want from the video. All I’m saying is it’s not a confession to doing anything illegal that I can tell which is what people make it out to be. 

I mean to your final question, no it doesn’t make it consensual if you sexually assault someone and they don’t resist. 

adobo1148 said:
    The over analyzing of the Alabama Senate race is ridiculous. Don't nominate a racist, homophobic, islamaphobic, sex predator! Democrats have no business winning a general election in Alabama; dont get me wrong, im glad the racist homophobic islamaphobic sex predator lost, but i doubt Doug Jones wins reelection.
    Well actually Doug Jones can be a shoe in for re-election, if he switches parties tommorow and “evolves” in his thinking he’ll win 2020 by like 30 points 
    edited December 2017
    voodoorat said:
    Real political genius that Steve Bannon 
    Firing him was the smartest thing Trump ever did, I think the great Andrew Breitbart (may he Rest In Peace) would be sickened at how Bannon has marred his name I haven’t followed Breitbart news since he passed 

If Breitbart were around to advise Trump I think far more would’ve been done with less controversy 
    Brawn
  • voodoorat said:
    Firing him was the smartest thing Trump ever did...
    The smartest thing he ever did was fixing a self-imposed mistake that literally everyone predicted?
  • voodoorat said:
    Firing him was the smartest thing Trump ever did...
    The smartest thing he ever did was fixing a self-imposed mistake that literally everyone predicted?
    Shows you how low expectations are for this bumbling buffoon of a president. The only good things he's done have been corrections of dumbass mistakes he made. 
    CretanBulltom_g
  • Did anyone see Ajit Pai's cringey video on net neutrality? http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/13/ajit-pai-wants-you-to-know-you-can-still-harlem-shake-after-net-neutrality-video/

Talk about missing the mark. He doesn't really address the main concerns of the net neutrality protesters. If he thinks that all the hubbub is because people are worried they can't post on Instagram anymore or watch Game of Thrones then he's tone deaf as hell. 
    Brawn
  • Did anyone see Ajit Pai's cringey video on net neutrality? http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/13/ajit-pai-wants-you-to-know-you-can-still-harlem-shake-after-net-neutrality-video/

Talk about missing the mark. He doesn't really address the main concerns of the net neutrality protesters. If he thinks that all the hubbub is because people are worried they can't post on Instagram anymore or watch Game of Thrones then he's tone deaf as hell. 
    He's not tone deaf. He knows this is wildly unpopular, he knows why it's unpopular, and he doesn't care. I'm sure there's a wink wink nudge nudge deal that when this all goes sideways for republicans and he's forced out, there will be a cushy 7-figure job waiting for him at verizon.

He's a paid plant in the government. Nothing more, nothing less. His only job is to ram this change through so that companies can start making more money. 
    CretanBullPhoebes89April_May_JuneBrawn
  • I mean, he successfully made his donors richer and fucked everyone else over, and has a million cushy private sector jobs waiting for him. Why would he stay on as the minority leader? 
    Phoebes89April_May_JuneCretanBull
  • Yeah basically. He’s successfully cut taxes for billionaires which all he every really wanted so why stick around and deal with an increasingly divided Republican Party?
    Phoebes89April_May_June
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    It’s the end of the fuckin world! Merry Christmas!
  • asmallcat said:
    I mean, he successfully made his donors richer and fucked everyone else over, and has a million cushy private sector jobs waiting for him. Why would he stay on as the minority leader? 
    Now he has time to pursue his true passion: gettin' swole

Frakkin TApril_May_Junecdrive
  • April_May_JuneApril_May_June California
    edited December 2017
    So apparently the FCC voted to get rid of Net Neutrality today.  I am just sick over this.

Is that it?  Is it over?  Is there any chance of this being overturned?

Oh, and PS - that picture up above of Paul Ryan - gross!    :D
  • Regarding the Net Neutrality changes - My home internet provider is Comcast - If they do not like my political posts on forums.baldmove.com, can they cut off m
    Aww_PHuuCkcdriveApril_May_JuneFlukespavlovsbellNoobieDoozPhoebes89DaveyMac
  • ... --- ... / -.-. --- -- -.-. .- ... - / ... ..- -.-. -.- ... / .--. .-.. . .- ... . / .... . .-.. .--.
    April_May_JuneFlukespavlovsbellCretanBullNoobieDoozDaveyMac
    Sen. Clay Davis weighed in:

CretanBullPhoebes89April_May_JuneDaveyMac
    Nazareth mayor cancels Christmas celebration over Trump's Jerusalem decision

OK, so Trump actually ruined Christmas in the birthplace of Jesus. OOPS
    Lol, how's that war on Christmas going?

CretanBull
  • Did anyone else see the article that suggests that many of the comments for ending Net Neutrality are not real? McKenzie Astin (son of Patty Duke/brother of Sean Astin) tweeted about how they found their mothers name and info amongst the comments supporting the end of Net Neutrality, yet she died in March of 2016... 
    pavlovsbellAww_PHuuCkCretanBull
    edited December 2017
    Phoebes89 said:
    Did anyone else see the article that suggests that many of the comments for ending Net Neutrality are not real? McKenzie Astin (son of Patty Duke/brother of Sean Astin) tweeted about how they found their mothers name and info amongst the comments supporting the end of Net Neutrality, yet she died in March of 2016... 
    Yes, my state Attorney General, Eric Schneiderman, tweeted several weeks ago that the FCC was not complying with an investigation that he started (and several other states had joined) regarding tens of thousands of false NY comments. Potentially millions of false comments have been filed. I checked my name, and nothing in NY turned up. But last time I checked, 18 states are suing the FCC, and there is still the CRA (Congressional Review Act), which Sen. Markey (MA) is going to invoke to attempt to override the FCC. The good news is I think it requires a simple Senate majority. The bad news is I think it require the President to sign off on it, but don't quote me on that, it's very late and I've had quite a bit of saké.   :)
    Aww_PHuuCkPhoebes89CretanBull
  •  there is still the CRA (Congressional Review Act), which Sen. Markey (MA) is going to invoke to attempt to override the FCC. The good news is I think it requires a simple Senate majority. The bad news is I think it require the President to sign off on it, but don't quote me on that, it's very late and I've had quite a bit of saké.   :)
    Yeah, the president would need to sign it, which Trump wouldn't do. So functionally we need 2/3 in both chambers. 
    Phoebes89
    tom_g said:
    Regarding the Net Neutrality changes - My home internet provider is Comcast - If they do not like my political posts on forums.baldmove.com, can they cut off m
    No they’re not. 

How many forums have existed since the beginning of the internet? In fact the only political censorship on the internet has been imposed by ADVOCATES of net neutrality, not the other way around 
    Flukes
    edited December 2017
    Nazareth mayor cancels Christmas celebration over Trump's Jerusalem decision

OK, so Trump actually ruined Christmas in the birthplace of Jesus. OOPS
    I’m reading from your link a bunch of Angry Muslims ruined Christmas in the birthplace of Christ. 

And to what end I don’t know because if they overplay their hand they’ll just get militarily removed 

This discussion has been closed.