U.S. Politics episode 4: A New Thread

1373839404143»

Comments

• FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    edited January 2018
    Just another article pulling a handful of tweets and quotes to make a pun and "report" on a "controversy".

I guess somehow this reflects poorly on those of us you consider uninformed and not on your team. You know, because the rest of us are responsible for the tweets of people you decide we agree with. We can do without the condescension.

Edited by a mod - no personal attacks.
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    edited January 2018
    Flukes said:
    Just another article pulling a handful of tweets and quotes to make a pun and "report" on a "controversy".

I guess somehow this reflects poorly on those of us you consider uninformed and not on your team. You know, because the rest of us are responsible for the tweets of people you decide we agree with.
    I think I criticized business insider, not you, or anyone here in particular. I only saw this because two different friends of mine in the service were sharing this on social media and laughing about it. It certainly isn't hardhitting relevant journalism. Because absolutely no one cares if the Secretary of the Navy is armed in a war zone
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    Business Insider is a target because of Natasha Bertrand's work on Trump/Russia. It's open warfare on any reporter or outlet that asks too many questions. If they can make BI look like a liberal rag it will be that much easier for the kool-aid drinkers to believe the inevitable cry of "fake news!!"
    FlukesCretanBull
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    edited January 2018
    Flukes said:

I guess somehow this reflects poorly on those of us you consider uninformed and not on your team. You know, because the rest of us are responsible for the tweets of people you decide we agree with.
    I think I criticized business insider, not you, or anyone here in particular. I only saw this because two different friends of mine in the service were sharing this on social media and laughing about it. It certainly isn't hardhitting relevant journalism. Because absolutely no one cares if the Secretary of the Navy is armed in a war zone
    I can say with absolute sincerity that I've never seen you post anything here that wasn't intended to troll or cast dispersion on those with more liberal opinions than yours.

As @Franklin T points out, the real purpose in this instance couldn't be any more transparent.

At least we can agree this isn't close to the worst thing someone did with a gun on this day or any other.
    pavlovsbellGredalBee
  • Happy New Year everyone!

And on that note, this thread is closed!

This discussion has been closed.