What music are you streaming?

Comments

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    New Tame Impala is wonderful.
    100%! super fun album. Borderline is such a smooth chill jam. crazy how much this dude came up. i still remember when he was just getting started by putting out songs on myspace haha. now he's playing arenas. coming to Chase Center in March.
    Travis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited February 2020
    I did a bunch of updating to my "Starred" playlist in Spotify and I've been shuffling through it all. Man, I love this playlist. Almost 2300 tunes that I've been dumping in there since late 2011 and so many fun surprises. Right now Sunset Rubdown's tune Shut Up I Am Dreaming of Places Where Lovers Have Wings is playing and I haven't heard it in years. Fantastic tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xViZaBa44-I
    cdrive
    hey @Travis - Stephen Malkmus playing the El Rey Theater 7/1 (SF the night before). weekday shows which is kind of a bummer.
    Travis
  • Chinaski said:
    hey @Travis - Stephen Malkmus playing the El Rey Theater 7/1 (SF the night before). weekday shows which is kind of a bummer.
    Thanks for the heads up, man. I appreciate it. My Wed night bowling league will be done in July... hmmm.... The El Rey is the place where I saw him last. Actually, it was also the home of the most disfunctional Pavement show ever too, and the amazing show they put on the following night. I think the best I saw them be. Ha! A lot of good personal Malkmus history in that joint. It's a great spot. Gonna have to think about that. Thanks! Are you going to check out the SF show? Is Santa Cruz super far from SF? Probably is, but I've never connected to two and I've been totally wrong about stuff like this in the past.
    Chinaski
    Travis said:
    Chinaski said:
    Thanks for the heads up, man. I appreciate it. My Wed night bowling league will be done in July... hmmm.... The El Rey is the place where I saw him last. Actually, it was also the home of the most disfunctional Pavement show ever too, and the amazing show they put on the following night. I think the best I saw them be. Ha! A lot of good personal Malkmus history in that joint. It's a great spot. Gonna have to think about that. Thanks! Are you going to check out the SF show? Is Santa Cruz super far from SF? Probably is, but I've never connected to two and I've been totally wrong about stuff like this in the past.
    right on. yeah it's a pain driving to and in SF. like a hour n half to 2 hour drive depending on  traffic. if and when i go into SF i usually take cal train. if it ends up being a late night i'll just stay out there. i highly doubt i'll be going to this show since it's on a Tuesday, but i had to give you the heads up since i know you're a big fan of his.
    Travis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited February 2020
    Chinaski said:
    Travis said:
    Chinaski said:
    right on. yeah it's a pain driving to and in SF. like a hour n half to 2 hour drive depending on  traffic. if and when i go into SF i usually take cal train. if it ends up being a late night i'll just stay out there. i highly doubt i'll be going to this show since it's on a Tuesday, but i had to give you the heads up since i know you're a big fan of his.
    Yeah, that's a hike. I definitely appreciate the heads up. Thanks, buddy!

It was kind of fun. My nephew just popped in to drop off his tax stuff and on his way out he said "Oh, I'm going to leave you with a new band. Khruangbin." Checking them out now and they're totally good. Really relaxing instrumental stuff. Making me feel sort of a Yo La Tengo meets Air or something like that. It's fun having him get older and seeing his tastes come together. He's a really eclectic dude which I think is pretty cool.
    Chinaski
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    Tami Neilson 

I just saw some YouTube review guy drop the name Tami Neilson on a country music review. I went to check her stuff. It falls near a Patsy Cline and rockabilly. Definitely going for that fifties vibe. She has a few albums the one that interest me was Dynamite. Heavy on the Cline thing on that album. I’m going to go thru her other stuff this week. Here is a link to her video for Texas and Cry Over You. Also she is an American living in New Zealand. 

• The Strokes have a couple new singles out. Album in April.

kingbee67
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Put some Peter Cetera in your life.  

Glory of Love, baby!

it was stuck in my head today. And now....it’s stuck in yours. 
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited February 2020
    I have Mazzy Star on rotation in my Apple Music app this morning.  Listening to the So Tonight That I Might See album now.  I know Fade Into You became a huge hit, but this album in its entirety is so underrated.  Hope Sandoval's vocals are haunting as always but David Roback's guitar work (I used to call it 'jingly jangly' :smile:) is really, really great - the perfect mix of blues, country, and psychedelic.  It's so surreal to think that half of this amazing band (one of my favorites, and such a huge part of my '90s) is now gone. :frowning:

cdrive
  • One of those times when I really wish tunes were on the internet that aren't and it's not my place to put them there. I'm listening to my buddy Jon's old, super weird recording project JC and the Illegitimate Kids circa ~2000 or so and it's so damn fun.

Actually I found one on Soundcloud. It's not my favorite of these tracks, but I do dig it a lot. I think it would be the track he would lead with. Plus, it's the one where in a call and response section he calls out to "Illegitimate Kids!"

cdriveMurderbear
    really digging the new Soccer Mommy - color theory album.
    Traviscdrive
    New Order - Technique

cdrive
    Michelle said:
    New Order - Technique

hells to the yes girl
    Michelle
    Pet Shop Boys - just a mix of all of their stuff ♥

Michelle said:
    New Order - Technique

Such a good album.  I was flipping around in that YT file and when I landed on Vanishing Point, we couldn't help but jam it & sing it.  

My life ain't no holiday
    I've been through the point of no return
    I've seen what a man can do
    I've seen all the hate of a woman too

So good.
    Michelle
    cdrive said:
    Michelle said:
    New Order - Technique

Such a good album.  I was flipping around in that YT file and when I landed on Vanishing Point, we couldn't help but jam it & sing it.  

My life ain't no holiday
    I've been through the point of no return
    I've seen what a man can do
    I've seen all the hate of a woman too

So good.
    Yes!  That's one of my fav songs of theirs!  :heart:
    cdrive
  • It's a podcast, but a really interesting one about music so I thought it wouldn't be too inappropriate to drop this in here. Chuck Klosterman and Chris Ryan started this pod recently (exclusive to Spotify) called Music Exists and it's totally good. They chat about concepts from a more "1,000 foot view" perspective. For instance, the first episode was sort of built around the question "What if Creed had come out with the buzz that Radiohead did? Would we experience their music differently?" I love those guys and this is stuff is right in their wheelhouses. Totally recommend it.
    https://open.spotify.com/show/05WvFFL01hKJ3PjqW0hgLR?si=Vcgv_R_nS02lXFO_-yqZkw
    cdrive
    Chinaski said:
    Soccer Mommy is rrrrrreally fucking good. 
    fidozChinaski
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    cdrive said:
    Chinaski said:
    Soccer Mommy is rrrrrreally fucking good. 
    They were out of it at cactus when i went to pick it up.
    edited March 2020
    From a few nights back....Sloan are some bad MFers

@CretanBull  @Travis  @Chinaski  @fidoz

https://youtu.be/JHs7St83t-w

https://youtu.be/0RmQfXi5Rzg

edit: oops. Middle link is now fixed.
    ChinaskifidozTravisCretanBull
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Bad Ass.
  • Suga by Meg the Stallion!
  • cdrive said:
    From a few nights back....Sloan are some bad MFers

@CretanBull  @Travis  @Chinaski  @fidoz

https://youtu.be/JHs7St83t-w

https://youtu.be/0RmQfXi5Rzg

edit: oops. Middle link is now fixed.
    Patrick shaved!  Just a few months ago (around Christmas time) he was working on a ZZ Top beard.
    Travis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited March 2020
    In one of those periods where Songs:Ohia is speaking to me a little too much. Might be time to up my shrink visits. Hey, maybe if I try it out I'll finally get Beck's Morning Phase.

Also, thanks for posting the live Sloan videos, @cdrive. I'm looking forward to checking them out, I just want to be able to really watch them and we're slammed at work (tax season). Thanks dude!
    cdrivemykhailo
    edited March 2020
    Travis said:
    In one of those periods where Songs:Ohia is speaking to me a little too much. Might be time to up my shrink visits. Hey, maybe if I try it out I'll finally get Beck's Morning Phase.

Also, thanks for posting the live Sloan videos, @cdrive. I'm looking forward to checking them out, I just want to be able to really watch them and we're slammed at work (tax season). Thanks dude!
    Glad to be of service!  Hope you cheer up.  Songs:Ohia ....oof. Been there man. 
    Travis
  • cdrive said:
    Travis said:

Glad to be a service!  Hope you cheer up.  Songs:Ohia ....oof. Been there man. 
    Thanks buddy. The last 5 days have been 5 years. Re: Songs:Ohia. yeah man. That dude was SUPER bummed and really good at bringing you along for the ride. Blue Factory Flame, Jeeeeeesus. I bet Molina and Elliott Smith are hanging out and forming one hell of a songwriting duo in the afterlife, givin "the feels" to all the ghosts.
    cdrive
    hey @Travis - give the new Stephen Malkmus - Traditional Techniques a spin. will make your soul smile my dude.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited March 2020
    So when you're celebrating 311 day today and listen to Amber, make sure you sing the words Buca di Beppo to the guitar part.