What music are you streaming?

Comments

• TravisTravis CA
    edited April 2020
    Chinaski said:
    Travis said:
    I've never heard of Zeke at the Bottom of the Hill. Worth a look? Sounds intriguing.
    haha the band  is called 'Zeke' and i saw em at the Bottom of the Hill (though 'Zeke at the Bottom of the Hill is kinda catchy). i'm trying to remember who they opened up for. they're alright, not really my thing. super intense and loud. like a grungy, metal, punk band. i had never heard of them at the time, then after i felt like they would always pop up. they had a song on Tony Hawk 4 which had a loaded soundtrack and i put countless hours into.

Zeke at the Bottom of the Hill, band name. I call it! Ha! It is pretty catchy.

Doesn't sound like my thing, but maybe I'll look em up. It is intriguing. I can't remember which couple of versions of Hawk we used to play, but they did always have pretty great soundtracks. I know the one we played the most back in the day was the one with Ace of Spades.Those games were fun. I remember tripping out when a band I was in played at one of the skate houses from the game. Also noteworthy, one of the absolute worst, dog shit on fire shows we ever played. Like you start laughing it off in the middle because there's just no saving it style. Ha! Fuck you cursed Skate Street.
    Chinaski
  • Listening to an old Best of 2012 playlist and came up on this gem for the first time in ages. Not the most crowded of fields, but dare I say Todd Snyder wrote the best song on the topic of the banking/mortgage crisis? Great tune, and it actually explains what happened pretty effectively. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHwrZLrNc94
  • I can now say with about 95% certainty that Howard Jones himself has seen this picture that I captioned, and even though he didn't "like" it specifically (he liked other tweets spun off of it in a conversation), I bet it made him smile. Consider my day made.

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Travis said:
    I can now say with about 95% certainty that Howard Jones himself has seen this picture that I captioned, and even though he didn't "like" it specifically (he liked other tweets spun off of it in a conversation), I bet it made him smile. Consider my day made.

haha your memes are the weirdest I love it!
    TravisMurderbear
  • HA! Thanks, buddy. I have fun. :-)
    cdriveMurderbear
    edited April 2020
    The new Nick Lowe! 

And the new Slim Thuggy 
    edited April 2020
    Information Society - What’s on your mind (pure energy)

with klobasnickies and a Kentucky sunrise 

my schnauzer Heinrich goes nuts for the kolach 
  • Nothing, because it was fucking Sunday morning unlike two of my fucking neighbors that have been blasting music in their backyards since 8 am.

CapeGabe said:
    Nothing, because it was fucking Sunday morning unlike two of my fucking neighbors that have been blasting music in their backyards since 8 am.

Oooh that’s a hard negative ghost rider 
    CapeGabe
  • Atypical sound for me, but I f'n love this song by Glasser. Maybe could live without the weird "ehhh" noise she makes a couple of times (and based on where she puts them she totally disagrees with me and thinks they're wonderful, but that tiny thing aside it's just a cool, cool song.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQJHNrsMoFU
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    For the late great John Prine

Murderbear
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Curt Smith and daughter doing Mad World
    Travis
    edited April 2020
    Baker Street. Btw don’t listen if you’re emotionally on edge. Or do. I’m giving it another go. Promising myself not to let it get me this time. Bit the head off an orange edible dude and into my 2nd whiskey. Holy Thursday. Thank God, this ex-Catholic, for one more paid holiday tomorrow.  I just want my toes in some sand with a cocktail in hand. Been looking at way too many live webcams of beautiful empty beaches. With Baker Street I can imagine I’m there. 
    Travis
  • cdrive said:
    Baker Street. Btw don’t listen if you’re emotionally on edge. Or do. I’m giving it another go. Promising myself not to let it get me this time. Bit the head off an orange edible dude and into my 2nd whiskey. Holy Thursday. Thank God, this ex-Catholic, for one more paid holiday tomorrow.  I just want my toes in some sand with a cocktail in hand. Been looking at way too many live webcams of beautiful empty beaches. With Baker Street I can imagine I’m there. 
    I've never heard Baker Street before. I'm intrigued. Gotta run that up the flag pole. Thanks for the tip.
    How're you doing through all of this, buddy? You work in travel, right? I'm pretty sure I'm remembering that correctly. That must create a shit ton of uncertainty.
    Travis said:
    cdrive said:
    I've never heard Baker Street before. I'm intrigued. Gotta run that up the flag pole. Thanks for the tip.
    How're you doing through all of this, buddy? You work in travel, right? I'm pretty sure I'm remembering that correctly. That must create a shit ton of uncertainty.
    You’ve heard Baker Street before I’m sure. I travel for work yeah but we’re just doing the best we can which is enough so far! Appreciate it. How are you? 
    Travis
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    cdrive said:
    Travis said:
    cdrive said:
    You’ve heard Baker Street before I’m sure. I travel for work yeah but we’re just doing the best we can which is enough so far! Appreciate it. How are you? 
    Are you talking about the Gerry Rafferty song?
    edited April 2020
    Yes.  I’m trying to yacht rock the rona away.  
    TravisCapeGabe
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    cdrive said:
    Yes.  I’m trying to yacht rock the rona away.  
    Funny. I just bought Gerry Rafferty's City to City this past week on a $1/record online sale. I was literally rocking it when I read this. I love the Foo Fighters cover too. 
    cdrive
  • cdrive said:
    Travis said:
    cdrive said:
    HA! OH shit! I never knew that was what that tune was called, and when I saw the "don't listen if you're on the emotional edge" part and thought it was some super maudlin, Elliott Smith-y wrist slasher. HA! 
    Glad you're hanging in. We're doing pretty well. For my part, they're keeping us tax folks really busy between all of these business programs that people are scrambling to understand and apply for (I swear I did PPP loans applications for like half of last week) and tax returns trickling in, and I get to work from home which I am liking. My wife had a really rough go last week with her condition, but things are improving for her this week quite a bit. Adjusted for all the givens, things are things are pretty ok. Thanks, man!
    cdrive
    edited April 2020
    Travis said:
    cdrive said:
    Travis said:
    cdrive said:
    HA! OH shit! I never knew that was what that tune was called, and when I saw the "don't listen if you're on the emotional edge" part and thought it was some super maudlin, Elliott Smith-y wrist slasher. HA! 
    Glad you're hanging in. We're doing pretty well. For my part, they're keeping us tax folks really busy between all of these business programs that people are scrambling to understand and apply for (I swear I did PPP loans applications for like half of last week) and tax returns trickling in, and I get to work from home which I am liking. My wife had a really rough go last week with her condition, but things are improving for her this week quite a bit. Adjusted for all the givens, things are things are pretty ok. Thanks, man!
    Hey man I’m glad the taxman keeps you busy, especially with what your wife has to go through, for you to have some job security.  

No man for real, that song is fucking depressing. Have you ever listened to the lyrics?  Cause I never paid too much mind to them but holy fuck that song is about depression and self-destruction and a guy yearning for happiness to be right around the next corner for him but he never gets there. I always just loved the rippin sweet sax solo going to the groovy vibes chill
    part. The groovy vibes chill part was why that song was always a cranker for like a beautiful beach or tubing on a nice river.  When you got your shit together and you’re relaxing and having fun in the sun.  Relaxing and having fun in the sun? When the fuck do we ever get to feel that again?  Will we ever get to feel a moment of carefree-edness again where you can put the stress down for just a bit?  Like, I miss the fuck out of it. I’ve been watching live webcams of beautiful empty beaches.  I got out to the country yesterday and that helped a bit but yeah....Baker Street....never knew it could be such a bummer of a song haha. 
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    Went back and started listening to the Old 97's Satellite Rides after finding this old photo. Taken at the Mucky Duck after a Rhett Miller show. I also had the pleasure of being invited to play in a fantasy football league with the guys from the Old 97's. 
    cdriveTravisMurderbear
    A.M. AM - Damien Jurado 
    Univ3rsalmind
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    New Fiona Apple. Halfway through the album but I love it.
    nealTravis
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    it's getting ALOT of buzz and amazing reviews. i can't remember the last time Pitchfork handed out a 10. i'll have to check it out.
    MurderbearTravis
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited April 2020
    Chinaski said:
    it's getting ALOT of buzz and amazing reviews. i can't remember the last time Pitchfork handed out a 10. i'll have to check it out.
    Wow! I hadn't really seen the reviews yet. I saw Questlove mention it on Twitter and that was my reminder it was out today ha!

It's raw. And not just lyrically (duh, it's Fiona) but musically. It's a very percussive album. You can hear the room it was recorded in. Her dogs are all over it. There are some mistakes they left in. It just has this energy about it that I really love.
    ChinaskiTravisneal
  • New Fiona Apple. Halfway through the album but I love it.
    It’s only been 8 years since one of my favorite albums ever, The Idler Wheel... and it feels like I’ve been waiting my entire life for her follow up.

This has not disappointed in the slightest bit. Her albums are so emotionally resonant with me. I love the percussive and powerful energy of Fetch the Boltcutters.  I’m really grateful for this album right now.
    MurderbearTravis
  • RZA and DJ Premier had an instagram live battle a week or two ago ... resulting playlist is here and is fantastic:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5xJYTrWgao8m7L86HwLkb7
    Chinaski
  • Haven’t been big into music for awhile but with being in the house more I’ve found myself on YouTube a bit more and have 311, Tom petty, rage playing pretty regularly 
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    I've been revisiting a lot of my 90's music crushes lately.  
    Hatorian