Delos Security 7 year old General/Head of Security

HatorianHatorian Dagobah
edited May 2018 in Westworld
Where the fuck are the helicopters? Ive been trying to suspend my disbelief but after deliberation I’m done. This whole revolt and extracting Abernathy is lazy writing for the sake of the plot.

1. they bum rush the well fortified fort. No shields, no heavy weapons to destroy the cannons sitting right in front of them. At least have a .50 cal on the buggy. 
2.  They totally forget that the conferderodos, who were clearly not awake based on everything we saw, planted nitrous at this exact spot they were attacking and since they were not awake it was clearly already a part of the game and a design of the park and not improvised. Who could possibly forget this and let 50 guys run directly into it?
3. They go into shogun world knowing exactly how the ninjas would Attack and decide to go into a war zone in 2050 with a strategy that wouldn’t even happen with the US army in 2011. No night vision? No strategy to prepare to be ambushed? None of the hosts were awake so they were simply playing the game in their roles and they should have got mopped up by security. 
4. No weapons besides close range automatics which are completely stupid in there environmentS especially west world with such open spaces.
5. Even in WW1 platoons were given a heavy machine gun and WW2 ever company had multi purpose weapons like a mortar team and heavy machine guns. 
6. They clearly show these massive construction machines which means there is no size limit to what can enter the park so there’s no reason they don’t have helicopters and tanks. And everything we see clearly shows they have all the money in the world so it’s not like they can’t afford more than some dune buggies. 

Even if the bum rush on the fort was a distraction they should have simply driven off and extracted eAbernathy  in a damn helicopter? There is no excuse. For this. It’s really lazy writing to drive the plot. I’m no writer but they could have easily done this in a better way. But once they had Abernathy in their hands and away from the hosts there is absolutely no reason he should have been able to get away again. 

I still enjoy and like the show and will watch it but from now on I’m just going to assume my 7 year old Son is the commanding officer. 

Comments

• Why couldn't they just set off a giant EMP like in Ocean's Eleven and disable all the hosts?? I guess they're more concerned about losing their IP so much that they don't care if all the humans in the park die?
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    MrX said:
    Why couldn't they just set off a giant EMP like in Ocean's Eleven and disable all the hosts?? I guess they're more concerned about losing their IP so much that they don't care if all the humans in the park die?
    They could have done that as well but I could get behind some explanation on why that wouldn’t work. But once Charlotte has Abernathy and takes off in the dune buggy there should have been a helicopter waiting in a safe distance  ready to extract him. No one needs to die, not even the hosts. The 50 security Guards could simply sit at a safe distance and Attack the fort to divert attention so the extraction team can go in and pick up Abernathy just like they did then speed off to s helicopter. 
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    This is all very on point, which is why I'm still weary of what exactly is going on. This show has trained me to believe almost nothing I'm seeing. That has its own set of problems naturally.

It's becoming almost unbelievable how things are going down, which just makes my brain question all of it. I can't see the writers and creators going out of their way to hide secrets this year while letting an abundant amount of plot holes and moronic decisions happen at the same time.

But, maybe I'm being too hopeful.
    majjam0770Hatorian
  • Do we know if they are allowed to bring air support in? The only time we have seen a helicopter is when Delos came to visit. Every other time it’s been by boat or train. 

If they cant reliably tell whos a host and whos a guest then they need close range weapons not heavy machine guns. Heavy machine guns mean possible damage to cupcakes (host brains) and killing guests mistakenly. 

As far as narrative goes, some of this is “new” as it was created by Ford. They may not know of everything,’so to assume they s has all been done before and is “known” would be a major assumption. The people that would know are the ones they are looking for and have been largely killed. 

Do we know its rhe Ninjas that attacked the ops team? It could have been a mix of the ninjas and samurai. We don’t know how it happened so all we are doing is assuming. Even with Lee one of the “masters” things are going “off story” quite a bit. This could/would explain how a small group of ops could be over taken. 
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    KingKobra said:
    Do we know if they are allowed to bring air support in? The only time we have seen a helicopter is when Delos came to visit. Every other time it’s been by boat or train. 

Well they did have a helicopter in the past timeline so I think yes. And it’s Delos themselves that want Abernathy so they should be able to do whatever they want. 
    KingKobra
  • Hatorian said:
    KingKobra said:
    Do we know if they are allowed to bring air support in? The only time we have seen a helicopter is when Delos came to visit. Every other time it’s been by boat or train. 

Well they did have a helicopter in the past timeline so I think yes. And it’s Delos themselves that want Abernathy so they should be able to do whatever they want. 
    I know Delos did, but we haven’t seen anything in the air since then right? Personal and military would be two different situations. I wouldn’t want to assume, especially seeing how they had military trouble when they brought boats/men. While they probably could, it may not be as easy (depending on how far they are from the mainland). For Delos he could have used a chopper off of a yacht. I can think of possibilities both ways, so it’s not something I really “thought” about deeply. 
  • This is all very on point, which is why I'm still weary of what exactly is going on. This show has trained me to believe almost nothing I'm seeing. That has its own set of problems naturally.

It's becoming almost unbelievable how things are going down, which just makes my brain question all of it. I can't see the writers and creators going out of their way to hide secrets this year while letting an abundant amount of plot holes and moronic decisions happen at the same time.

But, maybe I'm being too hopeful.
    I agree with this, something just seems 'off' with the story as presented.

At face value, we're just watching a bunch of random robots walking around a theme park that have 0% chance of success of their larger goals (i.e. living a regular life in the 'real' world). Makes it hard to care about any of the Host's plight. Season 1 was interesting because we were able to see the process of some of the Hosts gaining sentience and how they dealt with that as they became woke, and ask larger questions about the meaning of life and get really philosophical about it.

I refuse to believe that Season 2 is just "we're gonna bust outa this place" because we already know how that would end. At some point somebody would just say enough of this shit and turn them all to dust. It's only semi-believable now because Delos Corp is trying to maintain it's IP as much as possible and doing some shady data stealing & dealing on the side (but doing a poor job at both, currently)
This discussion has been closed.