Amazon Officially Picks Up The Expanse.

2»

Comments

• @johnnytruant I was wondering the same and just checked their list of originals. They all dropped all at once. I kinda like the week to week format, because I feel like the hype period is too short otherwise and The Expanse needs all the exposure it can get. None of the Amazon originals are wildly successful (nowhere near Netflix at least) so I still worry a bit. But at least we get season 4!
    Elisa
  • Reni said:
    @johnnytruant I was wondering the same and just checked their list of originals. They all dropped all at once. I kinda like the week to week format, because I feel like the hype period is too short otherwise and The Expanse needs all the exposure it can get. None of the Amazon originals are wildly successful (nowhere near Netflix at least) so I still worry a bit. But at least we get season 4!
    I think week to week is also better for Bald Move's coverage model. But they were able to do a good podcast for Stranger Things S2, so I'm sure they can adjust if Amazon drops all of season 4 at once. Hopefully they can figure out how to get screeners from Amazon ... that would certainly help!
    Flukes
  • Does anyone know Amazon's TV show format? I have prime and use the streaming service from time to time, but I've never followed one of their originals. I honestly don't know if I'd be down for a Netflix style drop it all at once and binge. Obviously, I'll take anymore Expanse I can get, but I wonder how this will change the production of the show. Having SyFy as the carrier must have been limiting.
    Theybdo both weekly and all at once. The Grad Tour has been weekly releases, most of the other originals are “all at once”. Until they announce the format we won’t know. 
    Elisa
  • I hope they stick with weekly episodes.  I enjoy the drop all of it at once with certain shows but something like The Expanse I think would benefit from weekly episodes.  My sister comes in town from Nevada this weekend and I've been bugging her to start watching it.  Now I will be going into full annoying little brother mode and force her to start watching it.  
    FlukesElisa
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    I enjoy my favourite shows more in a weekly format. The  anticipation, discussion, and speculation  a weekly format breeds all add up to a better experience for me.
    awookieeMelonuskElisa
This discussion has been closed.