STRANGER THINGS Season 3 Trailer TEASER (2018)

2»

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    edited May 2019
    Dee said:
    Chinaski said:

Ok, I’m old enough to have found that guy hot in the 80s and ew, that guy is not hot. 
    I would have been into him.  And then he would have opened his mouth and ruined the dream. :neutral: *eyeroll*
    DeeElisaJJ78
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Michelle It’s the hair for me - I never could get into a mullet, even when mullets were cool. 
    MichelleElisa
    edited May 2019
    Dee said:
    @Michelle It’s the hair for me - I never could get into a mullet, even when mullets were cool. 
    His style doesn't bother me. It reminds me of this, and he will forever be one of the hottest guys in any 80s movie *ever*:

Dee
  • edited May 2019
    It was much more just a teaser rather than a trailer and just a funny bit to give people a little nudge and say "we're right around the corner."
    Teresa from Concord
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Michelle Who is that? Jason Patric? The closest I ever got to mullet love was Patrick Swayze. I was more into your quirky weirdos - Ferris, Duckie, RDJ, etc. 

Which reminds me - the Hey, Do You Remember podcast is doing an episode on The Outsiders this Friday. I am EXCITED. 
    Michelle
  • chriskchrisk Indianapolis
    I hope they do something a lot more interesting with Billy and Mrs Wheeler than it looks like they're doing. Makes her character seem kind of pathetic.

1. Please no actual affair with the teenager
    2. Don't have Mrs. Wheeler suddenly realize Mr Wheeler is a great guy

I'd be down for her being initially infatuated and then finding out what's going on in Billy's home and getting involved somehow. 
    Dee said:
    @Michelle Who is that? Jason Patric? The closest I ever got to mullet love was Patrick Swayze. I was more into your quirky weirdos - Ferris, Duckie, RDJ, etc. 

Which reminds me - the Hey, Do You Remember podcast is doing an episode on The Outsiders this Friday. I am EXCITED. 
    Yeah, Jason Patric. :love:
    I get the RDJ love - he was and still is pretty hot.
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    thoughts on last trailer? less than 2 weeks away..

cdrive
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Chinaski said:

Is Billy the host????
    Dee said:
    Chinaski said:

Is Billy the host????
    Interesting twist - I would *love* that!
    edited June 2019
    It looks good, but is Eleven going to be the one who saves everyone *again*?
    Elisa
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Any more trailers and I won’t have to watch the season ;-)
    Elisa
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited June 2019
    Although the rest of the world generally lets slide that Americans think everything revolves around them, I did roll my eyes a bit at Jim and A.Ron ranting about the July 4th release and its potential to hurt viewing figures. There are 150 million Netflix subscribers globally, and fewer than 2 million of those are in the US. 
    ElisaChinaski
  • @Dee I'm willing to admit that I assumed the US was a huge part of the subscriber base  but that 2 million number doesn't sound right to me.  Everything I see says it's more like 60 million which is half of all subscribers.
    Dee
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I assumed they would be the bulk too but THE INTERNET NEVER LIES, @Jim

To be honest, I didn’t go past Google, so you’re probably right. Even so - still lots of us for whom July 4 is just a Thursday! ;-)
  • Dee said:
    Although the rest of the world generally lets slide that Americans think everything revolves around them, I did roll my eyes a bit at Jim and A.Ron ranting about the July 4th release and its potential to hurt viewing figures. There are 150 million Netflix subscribers globally, and fewer than 2 million of those are in the US. 
    Also, like, just do the weekend numbers rather than release day numbers. It's not like most people will be unable to stream for the entire weekend. 
    Dee
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    I love when Jim and A.Ron read my mind. I was thinking when they were talking about Steve working at the ice cream place in the mall, it sounds like their describing The Stuff, and then they said THE STUFF! Sorry, it's a really ridiculous 80's horror "melt" movie. It's on shudder, and it was filmed where I live.

It's...so damn weird, and now I want that to be part of this season.
  • Dee said:
    I assumed they would be the bulk too but THE INTERNET NEVER LIES, @Jim

To be honest, I didn’t go past Google, so you’re probably right. Even so - still lots of us for whom July 4 is just a Thursday! ;-)
    I think it’s time to get @Dee to the U.S. for the 4th... beer, hot dogs, apple pie, fireworks...

... followed by a Stranger Things 3 binge.
    JimTravisDeeMichelleElisa
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Good ole USA binging. I avoid all holiday crowds so after the BBQ I envision opening a bottle of wine,  sitting my ass on the couch, and watching Stranger Things. 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    reviews are coming in, and positive for the most part:

CapeGabeMichelleawookieeElisaTravis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited July 2019
    INT MIKE's BASEMENT 5 YEARS AFTER THE EVENTS OF STRANGER THINGS
    Will opens a backpack, filled with ALL the drugs.
    The kids do all the drugs in a mindset "spinning wheel" that rotates between manic laughing, visceral sobbing and general fetaling up in flashback terror.

This is the logical epilogue of Stranger Things.

• DeeDee Adelaide
    I’m three episodes in and loving it. So much going on! 
  • I didn’t remember seeing Glamour shots until the early 90’s. Maybe suburban MD was behind the curve? Also if you’re going to show a mid 80s mall/ foodcourt you cant leave out the Orange Julius right?
  • Dee said:
    I’m three episodes in and loving it. So much going on! 
    I just finished episode 3 too. I kind of want to slow down and savor the rest of the episodes but damnit I want to keep going. 
    Dee