James Gunn fired from Guardians 3

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Chinaski said:
    TaraC73 said:
    anubus21 said:
    I am vegetarian so the ham part is out, but pineapple belongs on pizza :)
    Yay or nay on black olives? 
    Black olives are GOAT... my ideal pizza is extra cheese, sausage, green peppers, onions and black olives. (@frakkint and I may or may not be related!) 
    black olives are repulsive! one of the only foods that i just can't pick off and move on. if they were on a pizza at any point, that pizza is tainted.
    Dude, I agree with you on most everything food-related. But this...black olives are great. Your taste in food is the only thing tainted as far as I am concerned. *ZING!*
    Chinaski
  • Talk amongst yourselves.

I'll give you a topic

Hawaiian pizza is neither Hawaiian, nor pizza.

Discuss.
    TaraC73Chinaskicdrive
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Chinaski said:
    TaraC73 said:
    anubus21 said:
    Black olives are GOAT... my ideal pizza is extra cheese, sausage, green peppers, onions and black olives. (@frakkint and I may or may not be related!) 
    black olives are repulsive! one of the only foods that i just can't pick off and move on. if they were on a pizza at any point, that pizza is tainted.
    I feel the same about  mushrooms...
    ChinaskiCretanBull
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Chinaski said:
    TaraC73 said:
    anubus21 said:
    Dude, I agree with you on most everything food-related. But this...black olives are great. Your taste in food is the only thing tainted as far as I am concerned. *ZING!*
    alright @Garthgou81 - let's tango!

Image result for fist a cuffs gif
    TaraC73
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited August 2018
    I came in here all curious about everyone’s feelings about James Gunn & here y’all are talking about pizza toppings again.  lol, love it.  Btw, olives are awesome, so is pineapple, bell peppers belong nowhere near a pizza of any kind, and anchovies pretty much suck worse than a lot of things.  Btw, if you put bbq sauce and bacon on Hawaiian pizza it’s pretty much :kissing_smiling_eyes:
    TaraC73
  • The English put sweetcorn and tuna on pizza.  Like tuna out of a can of tuna tuna.

How bout dem apples?

• BTW- is that Jeremy Brett from classic PBS Sherlock Holmes?

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Michelle said:
    I came in here all curious about everyone’s feelings about James Gunn & here y’all are talking about pizza toppings again.  lol, love it.  Btw, olives are awesome, so is pineapple, bell peppers belong nowhere near a pizza of any kind, and anchovies pretty much suck worse than a lot of things.  Btw, if you put bbq sauce and bacon on Hawaiian pizza it’s pretty much :kissing_smiling_eyes:

You like it? I think it's like trolling. There should be a thread for this, or if everyone is done talking about the actual thread, let it sink. For just the reason you mentioned... you expect on-topic comments. 

What can I say, I think organization is important. :)
    [Deleted User]telephoneofmadnessjohnnytruantTaraC73
    i don't think there's anything wrong with it.  I don't think anyone brought it up with the intent to troll.  I think it's similar to the natural flow of a conversation.  Occasionally, the topic will change.  Besides, if everyone's having fun then isn't that one of the main objectives of the forum?
    ChinaskiTaraC73
    BTW- is that Jeremy Brett from classic PBS Sherlock Holmes?

simon foster with the fist a cuffs!
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    JaimieT said:
    Michelle said:

You like it? I think it's like trolling. There should be a thread for this, or if everyone is done talking about the actual thread, let it sink. For just the reason you mentioned... you expect on-topic comments. 

What can I say, I think organization is important. :)
    Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to troll, distract, or diminish the conversation. It was just an off-the-cuff response. Sorry if it was irritating. 
    ChinaskiMichelleTaraC73cdrive
    edited August 2018
    if someone was to hijack a sports threads with hot dogs and apple sauce i wouldn't think anything of it and def wouldn't consider it 'trolling'. threads (serious or casual) often get sidetracked.
    MichelleTaraC73
  • I feel like the pineapple on pizza debate is used almost exclusively to diffuse a heated thread here, and it worked well enough. Shit was tense in this thread earlier. Tense enough I didn’t want to comment. Now, here I am commenting. 

I’m with you though. I see 14 new responses in the thread and open it expecting discussion about the topic of conversation, only to be disappointed about how many disgusting heathens we have in the forums that think pineapple is an acceptable pizza topping. Or even that pizza is good. It’s not. (With the exception of Napoli style pizza being alright if consumed sparingly.)

back to the topic at hand: I think the letter from the cast was excellent. Nobody is perfect. I know if I were to run for president, somebody would dig up some of my old deleted tweets somehow and it would really ruin my chances with the Christian voters. I did a whole slew of sacrilegious advertizements for #Testamints about a decade back that were pretty awful. 
    ChinaskiMichelleJaimieTanubus21DoubleA_RonTaraC73
  • With regards to @Dee’s statement about the Hardwick investigation:

The Leon & Loeb firm has been practicing law since 1909 and has over 300 attorneys practicing in Southern California.  While they have represented Hearst Corp and the Hearst trust in the past, as best as I can tell the particular attorney who led this investigation has no affiliation with the Hearst family or corporation apart from representing a different company that was sold to the Hearst Corp in 2017.  Furthermore, as a law firm they have every reason to perform their due diligence here.  They are bound by law, and misrepresentation is grounds for disbarment.  According to her bio, Ivy Kagen Bierman is an expert in the field of sexual harassment.  It probably shouldn’t be a surprise that a firm as massive as Loeb & Loeb has previously represented a company as large as the Hearst Corp. Even still, they have only represented the Hearst Corp a couple times in regards to their trust, and represented somebody else in a sale to them. In my opinion, the idea that they would risk their firms 100+ year reputation to help an abuser reinstate his career is akin to conspiracy theory. 

How would you prefer that AMC handle this?  Is there any outcome you would be happy with that is not “Guilty?”

With all all of that said, it is possible that Loeb & Loeb’s investigation was only into AMC’s liability in having Hardwick continue to work there, and not his actual guilt. I would like for AMC or L&L to further clarify this, but if likes and buts were candy and nuts we’d all have a happy Christmas. 
    anubus21JaimieTFlukesDoubleA_Ronrhcoop
    edited August 2018
    @JoshTheBlack - Yeah, I mean if the goal of every thread is maximum participation regardless of the thread's topic, huge success!

Edit: I'm really glad we got to your second comment. "Is there any outcome you could be happy with that is not 'Guilty'?" is a very important type of question. I want to ask a similar one of my Evangelical Christian friends often, and someone asking it of me led me down the path of enlightenment (in that area).

@Michelle - It's just like trolling. One of the things trolling does is derail a topic of conversation. It wouldn't bother me if I hadn't watched it happen in like 10 threads. 

From Wikipedia: In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses and normalizing tangential discussion, whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.
    Chinaski said:
    if someone was to hijack a sports threads with hot dogs and apple sauce i wouldn't think anything of it and def wouldn't consider it 'trolling'. threads (serious or casual) often get sidetracked.

Of course threads get sidetracked. This isn't that. Maybe you haven't observed it often enough to know that.
    [Deleted User]
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited August 2018
    Well getting slightly back on-topic, I cannot believe it took James Gunn getting fired, me then having to learn who the hell James Gunn even was, then the whole cast of GotG having to pen a response for me to finally figure out that ALL THIS TIME VIN DIESEL IS GROOT!?!?!?!

I heard this firing might submarine GotG from even happening because the humor was so much the voice of James Gunn.  If that happens I know 2 little boys with a dancing Groot figurine, Starlord masks, GotG socks & backpacks that would be devastated.  Well honestly, they probably won't be devastated cause they don't know a new one is/was on the horizon.  And Lord knows that I know they can just watch the first 2 over and over ad nauseam.

I don't know if you even need Gunn.  It's not like a super unique comedic voice coming through the series, and GotG 2 had many cringe moments.  It kind of sucked.  But it was spectacle and the kiddos worship it, so there you go.

All GotG 3 has to have, for me and my crew, is a big dumb tree, a sassy trash panda, and a Chris Pratt.  It can be written and directed by a Walking Dead cameraman for that matter.  

Chinaski
  • FWIW I also find the pizza derailments pretty annoying now, but they've been a thing as long as I've been on the forums, so I saw it as coming with the territory. 
    [Deleted User]JaimieTTaraC73
    edited August 2018
    asmallcat said:
    FWIW I also find the pizza derailments pretty annoying now, but they've been a thing as long as I've been on the forums, so I saw it as coming with the territory. 

Obviously the pizza discussions are very important and popular within the community. Is there a dedicated thread? I mean it's pretty criminal if there isn't. Let not the lack of thread creation stand in the way of an honest pizza debate. And enough with pizza debates getting prefaced or interrupted with societal concerns...

If I ever participated in them I'd be pretty pissed about it honestly.
  • Taika Waititi has been thrown out there as a good director to replace Gunn since Thor Ragnarok did well and has some of the same humor we see in GotG.
    [Deleted User]
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Pizza is life, and life... uh... finds a way. 
    (See what I did there? Dr. Ian Malcolm can cool down any rising heat...) 

I am pretty sure there is a dedicated pizza thread already. I am not opposed to letting this thread die down or come back if there’s relevant news to the story.
     Namaste
    cdrive
    there was a pizza thread, but it git hijacked by the country of Australia.
    cdriveTaraC73CretanBullphoenyx1023
    Chinaski said:

Oh so sports threads can get hijacked by hotdogs but pizza threads can't get hijacked by Australia.

(I usually hate to say I'm joking, because it's more funny if you play it serious, but this is right on the line.)
    ChinaskiCretanBull
  • Chinaski said:
    As the pizza thread goes, so goes the world. 

I for one welcome our new Australian overlords. 
    ChinaskiTaraC73CretanBullShum
    edited August 2018
    JaimieT said:
    Chinaski said:

Oh so sports threads can get hijacked by hotdogs but pizza threads can't get hijacked by Australia.

(I usually hate to say I'm joking, because it's more funny if you play it serious, but this is right on the line.)
    i never said it couln't. in fact i said  it did.

(me playing a very serious role)
    JaimieTTaraC73
    anubus21 said:
    Taika Waititi has been thrown out there as a good director to replace Gunn since Thor Ragnarok did well and has some of the same humor we see in GotG.

I watch the YouTube channel "Beyond the Trailer" frequently because she's good at Hollywood insiderism, and she is starting to think there won't be a 3rd movie. Now that the actors have expressed disappointment, Disney might not want any controversy going forward. Especially when they scrapped my fucking favorite ride at Epcot to make a Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster. The property might be too valuable? I don't know. She was also speaking in the context of how Disney will never hire James Gunn back, so I might have mixed up her theory a little.

It wasn't my favorite ride at Epcot -- that's in the golf ball -- but I am very fond of Bill Nye and Ellen Degeneres and dry humor and naps.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Chinaski said:
    Lol.

”Who hurt you, Pizza Thread? Was it the Australians?”  
    ChinaskiTaraC73Michelle
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    I don't mind the pizza diversions so much, but it is a little weird that this thread is part inside baseball on the MCU's future and part #metoo discussion. I know the Gunn story is where the two meet but I never know when I click the thread if we're talking about the movies or the toxic masculinity.
    TaraC73
    JaimieT said:
    Chinaski said:

Of course threads get sidetracked. This isn't that. Maybe you haven't observed it often enough to know that.
    No offense to anyone (seriously, because I like everyone here & am not here for any drama), but who cares???  Conversations get sidetracked.  Whether it's with intent or not, it happens.  That doesn't mean the conversation can't be brought back to topic.  Really, is it *that* big a deal?  Even if a certain person intentionally makes one comment that isn't on topic, is it the end of the world?  Just bring it back to topic & move forward.  That's my feeling on it, anyway.

I get that there are serious topics being discussed lately in regard to this man, Hardwick, et. al. and that conversations may get a bit heated, but I feel like that is causing some escalated exchange between people here and also maybe a tendency to snap (from both sides) toward those who don't share the same viewpoint as others on this subject.  I think it's important to remember that despite differing opinions, we are all equally important to this forum and equally deserving of mutual respect and kindness.  I think it's safe to say that's what 99% of us here want as well.

With that, I'll duck out of this thread and wish everyone a happy Wednesday.  :)  
    ChinaskiJoshTheBlackTaraC73
    edited August 2018
    Michelle said:
    JaimieT said:
    Chinaski said:

No offense to anyone (seriously, because I like everyone here & am not here for any drama), but who cares???  Conversations get sidetracked.  Whether it's with intent or not, it happens.  That doesn't mean the conversation can't be brought back to topic.  Really, is it *that* big a deal?  Even if a certain person intentionally makes one comment that isn't on topic, is it the end of the world?  Just bring it back to topic & move forward.  That's my feeling on it, anyway.

Michelle, I think this is the first time you've encountered this based on your reaction. Everyone else knows what they're doing! I will not be gaslit! :wink:

It's funny... one time Aron was like "You guys have gotten so out of hand you've inspired a new forum rule!" and I literally thought he meant the pizza hijacking/trolling. Hahaha. It's a thing. (In my defense, the name-calling had been deleted at that point.)

I get that there are serious topics being discussed lately in regard to this man, Hardwick, et. al. and that conversations may get a bit heated, but I feel like that is causing some escalated exchange between people here and also maybe a tendency to snap (from both sides) toward those who don't share the same viewpoint as others on this subject.  I think it's important to remember that despite differing opinions, we are all equally important to this forum and equally deserving of mutual respect and kindness.  I think it's safe to say that's what 99% of us here want as well.

Very well said. I think when people want to snap, that's a good time to step away and take a break. Or if people are sick of talking about it, let the thread die. Or ignore it. 
This discussion has been closed.