S9E15 The Calm Before

2»

Comments

• mtron32mtron32 San Diego
    I just got around to watching this so I may have a tad too much hyperbole when I say that was the best episode of TWD I’ve seen them do.  Holy shit that was gut punch ending, I really wasn’t expecting those people to have gotten it.  They must’ve just rolled the dice and picked ransoms
    rustywright4
    Are the highway men dead?  I’m pissed if they are, I loved those guys 
    ken halerustywright4
  • mtron32 said:
    I just got around to watching this so I may have a tad too much hyperbole when I say that was the best episode of TWD I’ve seen them do.  Holy shit that was gut punch ending, I really wasn’t expecting those people to have gotten it.  They must’ve just rolled the dice and picked ransoms
    I'm honestly curious to hear everyone's opinion on where this episode/season stands against the rest. I'll admit the first half of the season was a little shaky but otherwise really entertaining, but this back half I felt was some of the best walking dead has ever done. I would easily put this season at number 2, the first season holding strong of course. 
    rustywright4
  • mtron32 said:
    Are the highway men dead?  I’m pissed oif they are, I loved those guys 
    At least 2 if them were on the pikes, maybe 3...would have to go back and watch. 
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Woooooooooow I need to watch this whole episode now.  I just spoiled myself with the big shocker scene.  That was done really nicely with the parallel editing technique and the slowly rising symphony.  
    jleav382 said:
    mtron32 said:
    I'm honestly curious to hear everyone's opinion on where this episode/season stands against the rest. I'll admit the first half of the season was a little shaky but otherwise really entertaining, but this back half I felt was some of the best walking dead has ever done. I would easily put this season at number 2, the first season holding strong of course. 
    I agree, the first half was a holdover from the bad years but once they got rid of Rick, way better show.  I think they just fucked up show Rick and Coral to such an extent that they just had to do away with them both to survive.  I'm curious what comes after the whispers since that was where I stopped reading the comics.
    ken halerustywright4
  • jleav382 said:

The nutty thing is we have an entire 'nother episode to go. If they stick the landing on this thing it might become 'The' season of Walking Dead instead of a season of the Walking Dead.

I *need* the bald move treatment for the season :)

Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but the scene in sign language between the 2 sisters was amazing, I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like that on a show before. You don't realize it until afterwards that nobody has spoken a word for several minutes it was so engaging (as well as the scene from a few episodes back in the cornfield) 

I'm also quite enjoying Norman Reedus as the lead. When I found out before the season this would essentially be his show going forward I wasn't overly enthused, but they quadrupled the number of words he's allowed to speak per episode to 80, and he uses those 80 words very effectively. Also totally shipping him and the deaf girl and adding in adopted daughter, lol

It just feels like so much has happened since the start of the season with them building the bridge. It's really what the show needed, just get things moving along

• redlancer said:
    jleav382 said:

The nutty thing is we have an entire 'nother episode to go. If they stick the landing on this thing it might become 'The' season of Walking Dead instead of a season of the Walking Dead.

I *need* the bald move treatment for the season :)

Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but the scene in sign language between the 2 sisters was amazing, I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like that on a show before. You don't realize it until afterwards that nobody has spoken a word for several minutes it was so engaging (as well as the scene from a few episodes back in the cornfield) 

I'm also quite enjoying Norman Reedus as the lead. When I found out before the season this would essentially be his show going forward I wasn't overly enthused, but they quadrupled the number of words he's allowed to speak per episode to 80, and he uses those 80 words very effectively. Also totally shipping him and the deaf girl and adding in adopted daughter, lol

It just feels like so much has happened since the start of the season with them building the bridge. It's really what the show needed, just get things moving along

You know what might be cool is if the boys don't want to commit to any coverage we could do our own watching dead google hangouts where anybody on this thread can join and we record a collaboration on what we think of the season and where it stands with the rest. I'd be happy to host/co-host with someone. We could record it and throw it up on youtube. 
    redlancer said:
    jleav382 said:

I went to imdb to make sure that didn't count as a finale, they may be taking a page out of GOT and giving us a buffer episode to the new season.
  • edited March 2019

• Anyone else have DirecTV and have their DVR cut off the last 20 minutes? Finally got around to watching and was like, wait, wha!? Where is this GoT-esque episode I kept hearing about?