What's Making Your Day Today?

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Noel said:
    cdrive said:
    Today in the H it's 95 degrees, and the feel like temp is 107.
    Yeah we’re chillin’ around the same temps. Are y’all getting hotter over the next few days? Dallas is looking between 100-102 through early next week. Lotta cold seltzers going down!
    I haven’t looked but I know it’s coming.  Let the Topo Chico be guzzled! 
    Noel
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    cdrive said:
    Noel said:
    cdrive said:
    Yeah we’re chillin’ around the same temps. Are y’all getting hotter over the next few days? Dallas is looking between 100-102 through early next week. Lotta cold seltzers going down!
    What’s your take on the flavor twists? I think the lime is elite level. The grapefruit is pretty meh to me, but I’ll drink if it’s available. Ultimately I go with the regular OG if I had to pick one to drink for the rest of my life.
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Driving towards Sacramento yesterday and found this. Miles and miles of Sunflowers - my favorite!

cdriveNoelMurderbearMichelleFlukes
    Noel said:
    cdrive said:
    Noel said:
    cdrive said:
    What’s your take on the flavor twists? I think the lime is elite level. The grapefruit is pretty meh to me, but I’ll drink if it’s available. Ultimately I go with the regular OG if I had to pick one to drink for the rest of my life.
    Yes.  I have to have the lime twist. That’s my go to every single time.  I didn’t like the grapefruit. Even with vodka it just doesn’t work.  Lime twist works for everything: regular refreshment and mixed drinks like ranch water, vodka soda, etc. 
    FlukesNoel
  • It's the 35th anniversary of the Live Aid concert...what's making my day is looking back at some of the awesome performances.

MichelleChinaskiMurderbearcdrive
  • edited July 2020
    We're getting some awesome thunder in the northern suburbs of Saint Paul/Minneapolis MN right now.  I love me a good thunderstorm. This one has turned into rattling the pictures on the walls kind of thunder.  Thankfully both my dogs aren't afraid of thunder/loud noises. 
    NoelMurderbearcdriveHatorian
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited July 2020
    After a long emotional week, I took some self-care 'me time' this weekend.  
    I dove deep into my Ancestry.com family tree again last night, and found my first Scottish ancestors to immigrate to America.  So now I can trace my lineage to specific towns/villages in 4 countries so far.  Feeling very connected to the deep roots of my family.   Getting back into it this morning with some hot cinnamon-vanilla coffee and Who Do You Think You Are on streaming. :)
    NoelcdriveJoshuaHeterHatorian
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited July 2020
    The other day the building manager sent an email to all the tenants saying that if the person who smokes so much weed that you can smell it in other apartments and almost to the street doesn't stop then they are going to do random inspections to locate the source. Just walked out of my apartment and it smells like a Yankee Candle store in the hallway.
    cdriveNoelMichelleFlukesken hale
    Baseball is back, baby!  Listening to Oakland v. SF right now.  Go A’s! :heart: 
    cdrive
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    We got out to the mountains twice in the last week for hiking. Yesterday was my Dad's 73rd birthday and with everything that's been going on, it made me really happy to spend the day with him. The setting, and enjoying it with my family really brought how fortunate I am into sharp focus.

We drove our brand new car out for this trip, and on top of all these good feels, there was a massive hailstorm at our house while we were out here. Our old car was dinged up pretty good and I've got a few holes in my vinyl siding to get fixed. That part sucks, but not as bad as having to make an insurance claim on our 10-day old vehicle.

I promised @Cecily I would post some pictures from our hike yesterday in this thread, so here are a few.

Here I am at one of the overlook points around the halfway point.

This was the second hike we've taken our 9mo pup on. Here she is enjoying the river with my wife once we got down there.

And my youngest (just turned 4), who hiked more than 5km on her own before I carried her the rest of the way.

And finally, one from last weekend because it really makes my day to look at it.

ChinaskiMichellecdriveNoelTeresa from ConcordFreddyCecilyMurderbearTravis
    It's a sunny Saturday, baseball's back, and Humboldt County's repping Cali in this list of the best small-town restaurants across America! :heart:

https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/best-small-town-restaurants-in-america/?trkid=soc-toh-facebook&fbclid=IwAR01cq_WslRcFcx4VEHjBmcR5s7XqlIRhyZKT_AmfBV8Fv1ZWALsUhqPUWw
    FlukesChinaskiJoshuaHetercdriveMurderbear
    Lots of coffee, caught the guys live streaming for while, took a great walk on lunch, productive day in the office... and to top it all off, one of our local radio stations played "Ice Ice Baby" as I was driving into work, which set the tone for the whole day. :sunglasses: :sweat_smile:
    cdriveChinaskiNoelMurderbear
    Hot damn does it feel good to get a PO. I'll take it!  Life of a salesman.  These covid times are tough.
    ChinaskiNoelMichelleMurderbearDee
  • Got to unexpectedly see my little second cousins (my cousins kids) this summer which was awesome. I have 2 1 year old twins, 2 2 year olds, 1 3 year old and 1 five year old. It’s hard to only see them once a year maybe. They grow up so quick. My advice as someone always away from family. Enjoy your time with them while you have it. 
    ChinaskiNoelMichellecdriveMurderbearDee
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited August 2020
    It's pretty nutty. I hadn't logged into Facebook for a couple of weeks because I'm kind of considering dropping it, but I just kind of felt like today was a good day to check in. Within like literally a minute and a half of scrolling I saw that my sister just got engaged and my wife's brother's recent surgery left him cancer free. Crazy shit, man! 
    cdriveMichelleDee
  • Oh and I just become an uncle! My wife’s brother had his first kid. But won’t be able to see him for who know how’s Long since he’s in australia
    cdriveMichelleTravisDee
    Hatorian said:
    Oh and I just become an uncle! My wife’s brother had his first kid. But won’t be able to see him for who know how’s Long since he’s in australia
    Congrats!!!  :)
    TravisHatorian
    Travis said:
    It's pretty nutty. I hadn't logged into Facebook for a couple of weeks because I'm kind of considering dropping it, but I just kind of felt like today was a good day to check in. Within like literally a minute and a half of scrolling I saw that my sister just got engaged and my wife's brother's recent surgery left him cancer free. Crazy shit, man! 
    It's a day filled with great news!  Congrats to your sister and brother in law!  :)
    Travis
    edited August 2020
    I took a 5 mile walk after work last night, which felt great (I'm going nowhere near the gym until Covid's over or until I'm vaccinated) - but I overdid it and now I'm *so* *sore*.  Also, my office is upstairs and literally everything else is downstairs, so I'm essentially crawling every time I have to come back upstairs. :cry:  But, keeping it positive - I have some delicious coffee, work is productive, my Classic Live105 channel is on and turned up and is playing one of my fav old songs, and the day's already half over.  Going to my mom's after work for family dinner with my sis, nieces, & dad - we haven't eaten together as a family since Father's Day.  It'll be good to see them all and have some of mom's home cooking. :)

NoelTravisHatorian
    edited August 2020
    Picking berries in the warm Southern Humboldt sunshine.

ChinaskiHatoriancdrive
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    My closest cousin is going to a father. He’s more like a brother to me, but I’m so happy for him and his wife. They’d been struggling for a while but she’s finally pregnant! It took them a little longer than they wanted, but it looks like now is the time. I’m hoping that all this craziness is over so I can go down to Monterrey and meet the baby when it’s born next year.
    ChinaskiDeecdriveHatorianMichelle
  • Go forth great berries of Humbolt and make some delicious wine!!

Congrats to your cuz Noel! Fertility issues are hard! I have a cuz dealing with it
    MichelleNoel
    Congrats to your family, @Noel!

It’s HOT AF here today but rather than stay home, my nieces and I spent the day together, shopping etc.  We’ve always had special auntie/nieces days since each of them were very little, and I love that we still have them even though they’re teens now.  They’re still not too cool to hang with auntie Chelle. :smile: :heart:
    ChinaskiNoelJoshuaHeter
    edited August 2020
    Drove the girls home, checked in with mom, & sitting in my backyard unwinding now.  It’s cooler compared to the absolute heat earlier today.  It’s quiet and you can see what seems like nearly every star in the sky.  Enjoying a bit of peace. :smile:
    NoelHatoriancdriveChinaski
    edited August 2020
    It's kind of hard to post in the "What's Making Your Day Today" thread with hurricanes, fires, parental health issues, Covid, etc etc, but...   this is tfw you find out that your coworker from Missouri had Jon Hamm (aka your future hubby :kissing_heart:) as his drama teacher.

Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    evacuations lifted baby! prob enjoy Tahoe for a couple of days (i mean we just got here and finally got settled) then head back to the home i miss oh so much!
    cdriveMichelleDeeNoelawookiee
    Chinaski said:
    evacuations lifted baby! prob enjoy Tahoe for a couple of days (i mean we just got here and finally got settled) then head back to the home i miss oh so much!
    That's also a long drive from SC, right?  Like almost 5 hours?
    Enjoy how pretty & relaxing it is up there, you deserve it.  I can't wait to hear in a couple of days or so that your home is safe & sound. :)
    Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    thanks @Michelle. it's like a 4 hour+ drive. plus we have to stop at my sisters on the way where we stored alot of the stuff we packed when we evacuated (2 car loads). but yeah, it's super nice up here in Tahoe so wanna make the most of it. esp after one of the most emotional stressful weeks i've ever had to encounter.
    Michelle
  • edited August 2020
    Just paid the last payment on my first brand new vehicle I've bought. Definitely a good feeling. Also recently paid $100 dollars for repairs that would have been 1000+ because I bought a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty when I bought the vehicle. Still 100% happy with it and plan on driving it to the ground. 
    ChinaskicdriveMichelleJoshuaHeter
    An ex-colleague and good buddy posted this video to my facebook, which is an every-so-often re-occurring thing he does cause he apparently totally pictures me as this guy for some reason when I leave work on a Friday.  It will forever crack me up and make me happy:

Michelle