What's Making Your Day Today?

Comments

• It is a beautiful, sunny day here in Morgantown WV.  I think I will take the day off and celebrate - maybe light-up the grill.
    cdrive
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    tom_g said:
    It is a beautiful, sunny day here in Morgantown WV.  I think I will take the day off and celebrate - maybe light-up the grill.
    That is an EXCELLENT idea. Ima grill tonight too. 
  • I think the same thing is making all of our days today, but that's all I'll say  :p
    Michelle
  • I guess I'll light-up the grill two days in a row.
    cdrive
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited November 2020
    Day = made.

cdriveMichelleNoelChinaskiEine Frauasmallcat
  • MichelleMichelle California
    A hot cup of peppermint mocha coffee and a BIG sigh of relief!!! :heart: #historyhasbeenmade 
    ChinaskiNoelEine Frau
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Install of gas fireplace finished today. Going to sit by the fake log fire tonight and drink a white Russian. Cheers ya'all.
    ChinaskiEine FrauMichelle
  • What's the opposite of doom scrolling? Cause it's making me feel pretty good.
    Eine Frau
    What's the opposite of doom scrolling? Cause it's making me feel pretty good.
    Boom scrolling 
    johnnytruantTeresa from ConcordasmallcatEine FrauNoel
    tom_g said:
    I guess I'll light-up the grill two days in a row.
    Smoking some chicken quarters.  

ChinaskiMichelleNoel
    How it started / How it’s going

Chinaskitom_gMichelleFreddyNoel
  • Friday steaks, Saturday burgers . . . No pictures.
    cdriveChinaskiMichelle
    Never been much of a homebody but with extra time (and money normally spent on eating out or taking vacations) I've been focusing on my yard. I've fallen in love with the birds. Here is my view at breakfast.

Chinaskicdrivetom_gDeeMichelleNoel
    It's 2020 and too many months into a pandemic so I'll readily admit my sense of humor is changing.

It seems a feature of ebay is it displays your reviews as well as your items for sale.

Noel
    edited November 2020
    Oh, please tell me that wasn't your review. :neutral: :sweat_smile:
    Teresa from Concord
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    day 3 of my '11 day weekend'! Thanksgiving shutdown at work this week, then I took next Mon and Tue off on top of that. it's like Summer of Chinaski!

Summer of George – Earth To Kaitlin
    DeeMichellecdriveTeresa from Concord
    Chinaski said:
    day 3 of my '11 day weekend'! Thanksgiving shutdown at work this week, then I took next Mon and Tue off on top of that. it's like Summer of Chinaski!

Summer of George – Earth To Kaitlin
    Time to learn how to play Frolf! :sweat_smile:
    Chinaski
  • edited November 2020
    Apparently the monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey is real:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/23/helicopter-pilot-finds-strange-monolith-in-remote-part-of-utah

Can we get an official Bald Move statement?

Edit: the monolith has apparently vanished
    Teresa from Concord
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited November 2020
    Got my first legit hour long workout in since covid started. Bought an excercise bike last week and kept it light until today. 40 minutes of cardio split into 10 minute sets mixed with 5 minute kettle bell and crunch sets in between. 

Also, I tried my hand at prison gravy light (just Italian sausage, no other meats), and it turned out great.
    Chinaski
    Wasn't sure which thread this belonged in. But it made me laugh and is worth sharing.

Michellejoejerryronnie
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I have an unexpected day off today (Christmas Eve here). After my pissy week (see what grinds my gears thread), my team leader asked me yesterday if I wanted to take today off, as I’m way ahead on my work and it’s quiet. 

So now I can have a chilled out day doing all the things for tomorrow that I was going to have to do tonight after work. And maybe even clean the bathroom! 
    MichelleawookieeJenny
    Cozy fleece pj bottoms, coffee, apricot scones, and the Rifftrax version of It’s a Wonderful Life.  As you can tell, it’s an extremely stressful day.
    cdriveJenny
    edited January 8
    Resigned today.  Really it made my day.  It feels great cause this job has beaten down my soul over the past 5 years. Company is in its death throes and this is the Hail Mary. Fired all the sales guys so engineers with no work will sell and then design.  Everyone was on voluntary furlough already for months so it was a 20% cut already taking each Friday off.  Trumpies, anti-maskers, and racists all the way to the top. Could never take time off so have 2 months of vacation. Wife makes good money & health insurance so we’ll be fine. Like a huge breath of fresh air. Self care, exercise, eating right. Not being stressed the fuck out all the time. Not being so aggro, go back to being me and sweet. Have colleagues in the industry telling me they have a ton of places that would be glad to have me on board. Fish rots from the head, I forgave myself 2 years ago for things I can’t control as this company circles the drain.  This should have happened YEARS ago. Onward to the new chapter.  A chapter of my choosing where I can be happier.  No toxicity, no waking up hating to go to work, not having fun, coming home angry or downtrodden. Strong support from my beautiful wife. We’ve been kicking it for 23 years. Get to help my kids with virtual school like a stay home Dad for a little while.  Not swamped with debt. It’s like a car just got forklifted off my chest.
    DeeChinaskiawookieetom_gMichelleTeresa from ConcordHatorianNoelFreddy
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    wow @cdrive you don't normally say 'congrats' when someone gets laid off. but you sound like you're in a really good place about it so congrats. one door closes and another will open i have no doubt. super rad for your kids that they're going your stay at home time to spend time with them more and help them with virtual school. really happy for you man! <virtual fist bump>
    cdriveMichelle
  • Very happy for you @cdrive!!! Sounds like this is a blessing in disguise and I wish you the best. Sounds like you're at a great place with yourself and I'm sure your kiddos will certainly appreciate the extra time they get to spend with you. 
    cdriveMichelle
    @cdrive reading your post at first I was trying to find the words to express how sorry I was that  you were let go, but now I'm just relieved and happy for you. :heart:
    cdrive
    Self-care in 2021 is going well so far. :smile:

cdriveDeeawookieeHatorianNoel
    Michelle said:
    Self-care in 2021 is going well so far. :smile:

I can smell them just looking at them!
    Michelle