What's Making Your Day Today?

Comments

• kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited January 20
    I have been doing wood turning as a hobby since August. I have been in a beginners wood turning group on Facebook for a while. I see in the post there that some people get frustrated and want to hang it up. I was there some months back. Nothing was turning out right (no pun intended). I slowed things down re-evaluated and took an approach that I would go for easy wins than push the envelope. I have been re-evaluating again. I started getting more risky taking more chances. My confidence is gotten better. I went back today re did a few bowls that I had done but I could have done better on. I also posted that advice on the Facebook group. Just sayin.

redo on bowl as baby yoda seems to have gotten in to the sauce.

JoshuaHeterMichelleawookiee
  • MichelleMichelle California
    kingbee67 said:
    I have been doing wood turning as a hobby since August. I have been in a beginners wood turning group on Facebook for a while. I see in the post there that some people get frustrated and want to hang it up. I was there some months back. Nothing was turning out right (no pun intended). I slowed things down re-evaluated and took an approach that I would go for easy wins than push the envelope. I have been re-evaluating again. I started getting more risky taking more chances. My confidence is gotten better. I went back today re did a few bowls that I had done but I could have done better on. I also posted that advice on the Facebook group. Just sayin.

redo on bowl as baby yoda seems to have gotten in to the sauce.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ6jOq0jdFn/?igshid=jshjmloofkb7
    That's a beautiful bowl!  Nice job!  Do you sell them?  You would really have a lot of interest in them.
    kingbee67
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    @Michelle ;
    thank you. I’m not selling yet. I need more work on getting my sanding better. Also looking into the ins and outs of Etsy. 
    Michelle
  • Mr. Rogers on the set of The Incredible Hulk...

awookiee
  • edited January 15
    Last night swung into Kohl's for socks and looked at sheets because I've been debating buying new sheets for a while. Found sheets clearanced out from $135 to $27 and a new comforter that I don't really need but I'm not gonna pass up a sweet comforter clearanced out from $180 to $45. Plus I got 20% off of that price. I didn't walk out with socks because I got $20 Kohl's cash so my socks will be best to nothing in a week.

Then today at work, we had a last minute meeting thrown on the calendar this morning to announce we are no longer working any weekend or night shifts (weekends were every 7 weeks and 1 day a week closing shift of 1:30-10). Not that it was that bad to begin with but that pretty much came out of nowhere. 

Also my boss is amazing and yesterday I asked if I could take a half day today to beat the traffic up North to go snowmobiling and his exact response "hell yeah man, take the day off if you want." I settled with a half day because I had shit I wanted to get done work wise. I've got 2 hours left and couldn't be happier right now.
    MichelleChinaskiDeeTeresa from ConcordNoelcdrive
    This 100%.  13 hours until inauguration!

Image may contain 1 person text that says Todays the last day a woman has never been vice president cleoabram
    DeecdriveNoelbridgy1112awookiee
    'President Biden' and 'Vice President Harris' sound pretty good today! :heart:
    cdriveGiovanniCretanBullNoel
  • I’ve been searching for this Applebee’s commercial online for a while now...

It aired somewhere around 2004. In the commercial, a group of Applebee's employees are watching the news as they close down the restaurant. The sports guy comes on and delivers the sad news that the local high school football team lost the big game. Then, as one employee goes to lock the front door, he sees a bus pull up. Two dejected football players come out to see that their local Applebee's is closing. The employee turns back and one by one, every Applebee's employee - from the fry cook to the bartender - says "... I can stay.", "... I can stay."

I wanted to find this commercial, because I was an Applebee's employee at the time it aired, and it brought me and my colleagues great joy and laughter as this is 100% the exact opposite way we would have reacted to a bus full of high schoolers pulling up to our store as we were trying to close.

Well, someone finally put it up on YouTube. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/8ofjIZP8amY
    GiovannicdriveMichelle
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    2004 doesn't feel that long ago...but then seeing that commercial makes it feel like a lifetime ago. 
    JoshuaHeter
  • New pup! We said goodbye to our dog of 15+ years last summer, and it was finally time to bring a new rescue dog into our lives. She's a sweetie, we're already spoiling her rotten  :D

DeeMichelleTeresa from Concordawookieecdrive
    edited January 30
    Beautiful snow-covered hills, just 15 min. outside of town.  Pics taken yesterday (not mine).
    I'm heading up there today.  Can't wait to make my first snowman of the season! :smile:

May be an image of snow tree and nature
    May be an image of 1 person snow tree and nature
    May be an image of tree and nature
    cdriveHatorian
    Tonight’s sunset over Humboldt Bay (this pic *is* mine). :smile:

bridgy1112HatorianJoshuaHeter
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    This made me laugh more than anything else this year (so far)

FreddycdriveMrXChinaski
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Our power just came back on!!!  Geez that was rrrrough. Had been out since 1:30 am Monday.   Now please just stay on! 
    FreddyChinaskiMichelle
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas

cdrive said:
    Our power just came back on!!!  Geez that was rrrrough. Had been out since 1:30 am Monday.   Now please just stay on! 

Glad to hear you're getting at least some respite. I won the blackout lottery by being on the same section of the grid as a fire station. I've never loved my apartment more.
    cdriveChinaskiMichelle
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    cdrive said:
    we had some crazy wind storms back in January and lost power for a few days. we have solar so it could have been worse, but the solar only powers certain areas of the house (we chose kitchen and master bed) so it still sucked. what made it extra frustrating was that our court was the only street in our neighborhood that lost power. i felt like the neighbors that live behind us with every light in their house on were teasing us :#
    HatoriancdriveFreddyMichelle
  • First above 0° day for 5 and a half days here in Minnesota. It got up to 12° and it felt glorious. Looking forward to the weekend where we might be getting above freezing. 
    HatorianMichelle
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Was just now able to barely squeak out my first hot shower since Sunday. Wow that was great.  We’re still under boil water notice until Monday but finally had enough water pressure. 
    FreddyMichelleDeeChinaski
    The sun's out, the sky is blue, it's a beautiful day, and I'm 3 mimosas deep so far. 
    Happy Sunday!  :)
    cdriveFreddyChinaskiHatorian
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Hero’s like this dude...

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/toddler-survives-fall-balcony-hero-delivery-driver-vietnam-194750688.html

I’ll put the parents in the gears to grind category later...

Teresa from Concord
  • Minnesota Department of Transportation had a public vote to name our snowplows, here's the winners.

DeeHatorianMichelle
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Ope! The ultimate sign of a true Midwesterner. 

I like Plowy McPlowface
    awookieeFreddy
    edited March 6
    Jim is the man. He called it dead on, and reaffirmed my decision. Reference the most recent lunch for context.
    Michellecdrive
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    My kid makes my day every day. 

Chinaskicdrive
    Parting gift from my partners on my last day of work:

cdriveHatorianMichelleChinaski
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Indiana Jones 5 spring 2022 with Harrison Ford and Phoebe Waller-Bridge. Not sure if I’m actually happy about this but I couldn’t find an “on the fence” thread. 
    edited April 17
    I just saw Black Panther tonight for the first time...

at a makeshift drive-in (a company assembled a large screen & created a drive in in the parking lot across the street from our fairgrounds, and are showing movies until the end of summer)..

with 2 of my besties that I’ve known since 8th grade.

:heart:

DeeChinaskiCory
    Derek Chauvin found guilty on all three counts!  Justice has been served.
    NoelcdrivecalebthrowerCoryDeeZsa004ChinaskiFreddy